movie quotes game

Fancy

Star Trek 11: Search for the Botox Planet?

Or maybe it's the ST2: The Wrack of Kahn...

Oh, I was re-reading my own quote, when it struck me: I picked the wrong Gossomer/Bugs interaction! There were two nearly identical BB/Gossomer cartoons and that quote I gave was from the the second. The actual quote should have been:

"My stars! Just look at your hands!"

"You monsters are such interesting creatures! I was just saying to my girlfriend, just the other day, 'Monsters are such interesting people! Why I'll bet they lead such interesting lives!' The things you must see and the things you must do! My stars!"

"Oh my, my! This will never do!"

"Now let's stick our paddies in the water!"

(Of course, there are mousetraps in the water dish. Poor Gossomer.)

I'm surprised none of you noticed that. Honestly.

"I'm Pirate Sam.

The meanest blood thirstiest

Doggone worstiest

Shoot 'em up firstiest

Pirate to ever sail the Spanish Main."

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Star Trek 11: Search for the Botox Planet?

Or maybe it's the ST2: The Wrack of Kahn...

Oh, I was re-reading my own quote, when it struck me: I picked the wrong Gossomer/Bugs interaction! There were two nearly identical BB/Gossomer cartoons and that quote I gave was from the the second. The actual quote should have been:

"My stars! Just look at your hands!"

"You monsters are such interesting creatures! I was just saying to my girlfriend, just the other day, 'Monsters are such interesting people! Why I'll bet they lead such interesting lives!' The things you must see and the things you must do! My stars!"

"Oh my, my! This will never do!"

"Now let's stick our paddies in the water!"

(Of course, there are mousetraps in the water dish. Poor Gossomer.)

I'm surprised none of you noticed that. Honestly.

"I'm Pirate Sam.

The meanest blood thirstiest

Doggone worstiest

Shoot 'em up firstiest

Pirate to ever sail the Spanish Main."

Bing! You got it! STII:TWoK. Your turn.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Aw, crap. I dinna' wanna' turn. I was just watching Willow last night, so let's see...

(I dare you guys to get this one without looking it up. Dare ya!)

"Love is as contagious as a cold. It eats away at your strength, morale... If everything is imperfect in this world, love is perfect in its imperfection."

"You're happy, you with your oily words. You believe your own drivel."

"Who said? But I love to give pieces of advice."

"Am I not?"

Way to stop a game dead in its tracks!

I cheated and Googled it. I won't reveal the title (mostly 'cause I can't spell it) -- but I will give hints:

It appears to be Swedish (based on my paltry linguistic skills). Made in 1957.

You'll have to be hard-core movie buffs for that one.

In the meantime, my much easier offering is still on the table:

"It sings?! [sigh]"

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hester, we only do one quote at a time in this post or it gets really confusing. Plus you're only supposed to post a quote when you've gotten the last quote right or the post has been dead for several days and no one's guessing.

Giving away hints for someone else's quote isn't cricket either. (You should at least let people have a crack at it before you give away clues.)

(Besides, your quote is not easier. I haven't the faintest clue what it's from. It's almost as bad as Blackjohn's quote. :lol: )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hester, we only do one quote at a time in this post or it gets really confusing. Plus you're only supposed to post a quote when you've gotten the last quote right or the post has been dead for several days and no one's guessing.

Giving away hints for someone else's quote isn't cricket either.  (You should at least let people have a crack at it before you give away clues.)

(Besides, your quote is not easier. I haven't the faintest clue what it's from.  It's almost as bad as Blackjohn's quote. :huh: )

Hi, Mission:

Sorry, I thought the rules be more like "guidelines".

And my quote is easy. I've even scattered clues to it in several other threads.

If our young Jim Hawkins shows up, he'll guess it in a flash. Our new arrival, Inigo Montoya, might even have a chance.

Cheers, Hester ... who was really just posting randomly to make it to First Mate status before she had to leave on vacation. ["You cheated!", "Pirate!"]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

"It sings?! [sigh]"

Well, since I'm leaving for a month later this afternoon, I guess I'd better tie up this loose end.

The quote is from Don Juan DeMarco, starring Johnny Depp.

The young DeMarco is a captive of a beautiful Sultana. He is explaining to her, in extraordinarily flowery language [sorry, I can't find or remember the exact lines] why he cannot make love to her. He tells her it would dishonour the memory of his first (and only so far) lover, the woman who "made his manhood sing".

The Sultana takes this expression quite literally, stares at his crotch in wonder, and exclaims:

"It sings?!" and then sighs with longing.

Indeed, for most women, it's not really that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that Johnny Depp's magic member is actually so talented that it can in fact sing.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

"Love is as contagious as a cold. It eats away at your strength, morale... If everything is imperfect in this world, love is perfect in its imperfection."

"You're happy, you with your oily words. You believe your own drivel."

"Who said? But I love to give pieces of advice."

Fine, fine. Nobody watches movies that are older than they are besides me, is that it?

Too bad too. Some of the best movies ever made are b/w, foreign or pre-Star Wars. (Many are all three.)

This is from Bergman's The Seventh Seal which is about a knight returning from the Crusades who winds up playing chess with Death. It's a great movie if you like discussions about the existance of God, the meaning of life and (rather dour) thoughts on the topic of love.

Here's an easier, color, post-SW quote:

"What on Earth's this thing I'm wearing?"

"Ah, this, this is a radiation suit."

"Radiation suit? Of course, because of all the fallout from the atomic wars."

"Am I not?"

Here's an easier, color, post-SW quote:

"What on Earth's this thing I'm wearing?"

"Ah, this, this is a radiation suit."

"Radiation suit? Of course, because of all the fallout from the atomic wars."

Um... Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

No... I don't think Arthur ever got out of his housecoat.

Cheers, Hester ... who somedays doesn't get out of hers

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I love this movie (even met the lead actor back in '85, and ever so boldly asked him to dance). That'd be Back to the Future.

Next quote, if I may:

"I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!"

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Fine, fine. Nobody watches movies that are older than they are besides me, is that it?

B)

Now now Caraccioli you know better than to make that general a statement. This is especially true given the fact that I have quoted Hatari and The Enemy Below (my two favorite films) several times here. Although seeing as how nobody got those I can relate B)

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Is that a paraphrase from Convoy?

Cheers, Hester

It is CB jive from that channel one nine Hester but as to being a paraphrase of convoy (half decent trucker flick really)no it's just how I sign off. (Learned it from my dad) hope that answers your question we gonna back on out now fore we clog up the cb line till next time this is the Hitman and we goin quiet. B)

I love this movie (even met the lead actor back in '85, and ever so boldly asked him to dance). That'd be Back to the Future.

You danced with Christopher Lloyd! Wow! (He was the lead hero, right? If it wasn't the Delorean, it must have been him.)

"Am I not?"

B)

Now now Caraccioli you know better than to make that general a statement. This is especially true given the fact that I have quoted Hatari and The Enemy Below (my two favorite films) several times here. Although seeing as how nobody got those I can relate B)

Yep, you're right. Among others, Blackjohn also stretches his cinema habit I believe. I was just sort of responding to the comments Hester made about The Seventh Seal. (BTW, anyone who has not seen Casablanca is really missing a treat.)

Hatari, eh? I should go back and watch that again. My favorite Duke movie is still Donovan's Reef with Lee Marvin. (Nobody got that, either.)

Black Bess, you got that quote right. Plow ahead.

"Am I not?"

Ditto to Black Bess. Your turn, milady. B)

Unfortunately not Christopher Lloyd...that would have been nice. It was Michael J Fox, and he actually turned me down, but thanked me for asking. We spoke for a moment, had our picture taken together, and that was it.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Ditto to Black Bess. Your turn, milady. B)

Okay, here's the quote.

"I died that day! You can die too, for all I care."

BlackBess-1.jpg

"Life's good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate after all."

Goldfinger ?

Absolutely.

The first part of that quote's been rolling around in my head for a week, although I couldn't remember the whole quote or the movie. So it occurred to me that this would be a good opportunity to figure it out and a great place to expunge it.

Your turn, sir.

"Am I not?"