movie quotes game

Fancy

"The Dirty Half-Dozen Plus One"?

"Seven the Hard Way"?

"Six Heroes and a Ewe"?

I'm a-thinkin . . .

Black and white and involving WWII . . . and six heroes plus one and a kid and his ma.

I'm still a-thinkin . . .

Give me a second.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I'll have ye know dear Mission, I am still pounding me head on the desk....arrggg. I can hear the voice saying those words.....and damn if I can bring the rest of it to me memory. I am still thinkin' on it though.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Is it..."Hail the Conquering Hero"?

I recall seeing that on TCM.  B)

Bravo!

The next line (which I left off on purpose because it's searchable (little devil icon goes here)) is:

"They say opportunity's only got one hair on his head and you gotta grab it while it's going by and dog it down or you mightn't get another chance."

You're up.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

And now, a guilty pleasure:

"Why am I worried about this? You did it! All I gotta do is go tell 'em what happened. But they'll say, 'Who left him alone with the picture?' And I'll say, 'Me'. And they'll say, 'You're fired' and I'll say, 'Fine'. They'll say, 'No, no, no, firing's not good enough. Let's prosecute you for negligence'. I go to jail, my wife leaves me, my daughter becomes a prostitute, I wind up on death row sharing a cell with Butch McDick!"

Blackbead

zoltar-1.jpg

"I see a sequel in your future..."

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

LOL! Nicely done, Mission! An excellent clue! There IS a sequel - sort of - to the movie from which me quote arises. And the movie from which has the quote . . .?

I was sort of hoping someone else would get it, but it seems not to be so. The quote is from Mr. Bean. There's a new one coming out...this month? Next month?

Ok, so here's the next quote:

"Oh my God!"

Easy, isn't it? Ok, it's so easy it's hard. Actually it's the way that it's said that makes this quote sort of entertaining for me, so let's break into 3 dimensional quotes (or something). This hint may help you get the quote:

Oh my God!

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Indeed. All my cleverness (not to mention sound file editing time) so easily athwart. That means it's your turn to come up with a quote.

Now I must return to trying to extract Elmer Bernstein's wonderful Road Trip music from the sound files. No one ever even thought to provide the instrumental tracks to this movie! All we get is Louie Louie and such like.

In addition to the correct movie, "I'm invincible" is a notable quote from Goldeneye. Alas, "You're a loony." is not. :ph34r:

Yeah, it was definitely the sound file that did it for me.  I know this should be an easy one.

"I'm invincible"

"You're a looney"

Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

It is a line spoken by the Black Knight with a response from King Arthur

Here's one (might have already been done, I havent read all 108 pages here)

"Badges!? We don't need no stinking badges!"

The line actually is in several movies, but do you know the first movie that used it?

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Treasure of Sierra Madre!

And 5,000 movies containing comedic knockoffs ever since! (The Three Amigos comes to mind...)

Bogey was something else in that movie.

"Conscience. What a thing. If you believe you got a conscience it'll pester you to death. But if you don't believe you got one, what could it do t'ya? Makes me sick, all this talking and fussing about nonsense."

Bogey was my hero and role-model for many years. He was fantastic in so many of his movies, but he was also a square-shooter and honorable guy in the real world. He shunned the usual Hollywood circuit, preferring to hang out with a close circle of friends at home.

Plus he got Baby. The lucky $*#&(.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

(The Three Amigos comes to mind...)

Blazing Saddles is what comes to mind for me... :blink:

Okay - new quote:

"And then mommy kissed daddy, and the angel told the stork. The stork flew down from heaven and left a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch, and the diamond turned into a baby."

"Our parents are having a baby, too. They had sex."

RHJMap.jpg

Addams Family 2. Good ol' Wednesday, the realist/cynic.

(BTW, Pubert's theme in the movie is a hoot!)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Darn, I wanted to do another 3D quote, but something has gone awry...

Here, this should be simple.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll drive that tanker."

(It's even searchable for you movie quote Googlers (ie. cheaters! :( ))