movie quotes game

Fancy

Assuming that I am correct in that last guess, let's try a true Thanksgiving classic:

Character one: You're in a pretty lousy mood, huh?

Character two: To say the least.

#1: You ever traveled by bus before?

#2 shakes head.

#1: Hmmm. Your mood's probably not going to improve much.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Sounds like one from Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Right you are, Iron Jon! ANd YOU are now up!

By the way, would you be willing to pay $15 plus shipping for a "white on black" t-shirt that featured the Twain quote you use as part of your signature??

Blackbead

OK then, here's another Thanksgiving classic -

He said, "... we found your name on an envelope at the bottom of a half a ton of garbage and just wanted to know if you had any information about it."

And I said, "Yes, sir..., I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope under that garbage."

(Blackbeard - you got any pictures of the T-shirts?)

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

For anyone still playing, here's a bump and a hint...

The 1969 movie was adapted from a 1967 folk song/story that is now traditionally played on the classic rock radio stations on Thanksgiving day.

Jonathan Washbourne

The song and movie are called Alice's Restaurant

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

That's right ! I knew it was easy but the post got lost down somewhere at the bottom of the page.

Jonathan Washbourne

Can I still do a yippie dance since I got it even though it was an easy one.....?

Give me a few and I will post a new quote.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

A little yippie dance is always fun !

Jonathan Washbourne

This dialogue is from one of my favorite movies.

Person # 1: You killed him?

Person #2: I didn't kill him.

Person #1: What happened?

Person #2: I don't know. Maybe the guy cut himself shaving and bled to death looking for a Kleenex?

"The Golden Child"!! I love the scene in the airport when he's telling the bad guy about what will happen to the knife if he gets arrested. This is another one of those "class of culture" movies that I love so much.

Since I'm SURE that's the right answer, here's another one about sharp, pointy objects:

"Oh, THAT knife."

Blackbead

PS: Iron Jon: First, it is BlackBEAD (I'm the pirate without the "rrrrr") and secondly, check out my website, www.blackbead-jewelry.com, there's a picutre of the regular t-shirt. The one I'm proposing is just like that but with the quote and Twain's name on the front.

Aye that is correct. I need to get The Golden Child on dvd.

Yer up.

Is the quote from "The Shadow" ??

I get to do another Yippie dance....WhoooHooo! Okay give me a few and I will post ya another movie quote.

Well played, me wild Briar Rose! And that means you are up!

:D:D

I think I kind of like the sound to that "wild BriarRose"

Any way here is the quote:

Any news on the boyfriend front?

I was kind of seeing someone: an author.

And what happened?

He committed suicide.

Oh I'm so sorry.

It's alright. I didn't really like him very much. I liked him even less after he committed suicide.

How did he do it?

He threw himself off a building. He didn't even do that properly. It was only a 3 story building. He would have survived only a car ran him over.

What sort of books did he write?

Self-help books...

Now, that's one of those smart British comedies, that is . . . I just have no idea which one!

I would say "Love Actually" but I just saw that one not too long ago and this quote sounds in now way familiar.

Aye it is a British comedy, however it is not Love Actually. Do you need a hint?

it is a New Year's Eve weekend reunion of sorts.

Does any one need another hint??

Ahoy there, me Wild BriarRose!

I have NO idea . . . there's a buddy of mine who is really into film (graduate of the University of Texas' Radio, Television and Film School) and he thinks he's heard of a British "Big Chill" movie but he doesn't know the name. I give . . .

Blackbead

Aye Graydog....yoou are correct. Yer up?