movie quotes game

Fancy

Ahhh, Tempest! There ye be!

Well, since you've been tugged, the quote comes from "Captain Kidd", an old, old film but one that has its merits!

I watched "Kingdom of Heaven" last night and it they can do that they can definitely pull off a Napoleonic period piece with a few "extras" in costume!

And, Black Jack, be the answers three to your excellent questions:

1. True Grit

2. The Outlaw Josey Wales

And the bonnus round:

3. Isn't that Victor McLaglen as the inimitable Quincannon in "Rio Grande"? Or is it one of the other parts of "the trilogy"? Or am I totally out of the ballpark?

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Well met, Monsuier Blackbead!

And it is no wonder that the film in question tugs at my mental faculties so, being that we have it within the numbers of our DVD collection. LOL

( My embarrassment is large at the realization.) :ph34r:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Never fear, friend Tempest! One pirate's treasured memory is another's idle moment. The quote rang with me only because the actor giving it was one of me favorites.

It is with sincere regards that I wish you a truly fun-filled, scare-packed, smile-fest of a Halloween! I'll be wandering out and about to one party or another and hitting a club or two that I know. Perhaps I'll see you and your crew somewhere on the blood-stained seas!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Black Jack the second post is the Famous Patton speech Less I miss my guess.  Here is one for you should be simple enough .

" They've taken human error out of war! They've taken human out of war!"

:( You guessed n'er chester!

I'll stab at that one n' say "McArther"

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

this thread has three different thing (AT LEAST) going on and it just too confusing someone take charge and clean it up. If you guess right you post the new quote. (period)  you don't guess right? go pound sand!

Friends, it appears Diego be right. Pyrates though we be, we must follow the articles of the ship.

The articles (such as they seem to have developed) are:

1. Any pyrate who gets the answer correct, can post another, single quote.

2. Any man or woman who strikes out and guesses, own up to it as a guess and wait to see if you're right posting another quote.

3. If your quote be not guessed for 3 or 4 days, you should fess up and post a new quote for the crew's pleasure.

4. Any pyrate posting more than a single quote henceforth shall be punished by Mose’s Law [40 stripes minus one] on the bare back. (I myself have violated this one at least once. Oh, me achin' back.)

5. Any man who falls behind gets trampled.

Outstanding at the moment are the following quotes:

"It would never be thought of for one Tomcat to send a Surgeon to another Tomcat..." posted by Dorian Lassiter

"We're gonna hold on to them by the nose n' we're gonna kick 'em in the ass! We're gonna kick the hell outta them all the time! And we're gonna go thru 'em like s*** thru a goose!" posted surreptitiously by Black Jack Shalaq

"They've taken human error out of war! They've taken human out of war!" posted legitimately by Hitman, who was probably unaware of the Tomcat quote

"Incentives are important, learned that in rehab." and "One more Dude out of you and I'm gonna slap the shit out of you okay, Now I try to save you from yourself but you gotta stop letting your momma dress you man, Your hopeless!" both from the same movie, posted surreptitiously by MrPirate

"They still want an American to go, Wanna take a ride?" posted surreptitiously by MrPirate, guessed to be from Patton by blackjohn

So what say we all 'fess up and start anew with a quote from Dorian Lassiter, who is actually the legitimate person that should be posting a quote at this point?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahhh, Tempest!  There ye be!

Well, since you've been tugged, the quote comes from "Captain Kidd", an old, old film but one that has its merits!

I watched "Kingdom of Heaven" last night and it they can do that they can definitely pull off a Napoleonic period piece with a few "extras" in costume!

And, Black Jack, be the answers three to your excellent questions:

1.  True Grit

2. The Outlaw Josey Wales

And the bonnus round:

3.  Isn't that Victor McLaglen as the inimitable Quincannon in "Rio Grande"?  Or is it one of the other parts of "the trilogy"?  Or am I totally out of the ballpark?

Blackbead

YES! YES! YES! GOOD SHOW MATE BUT THE MOVIE WAS "SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON" ..BUT YOU GOT THE CHARACTER DEAD ON!...AN EXTRA RATION OF RUM FER YA'S!...GOOD SHOW! :(

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Heres one for you.

"Incentives are important, learned that in rehab."

:( ..mE THINKS IT TWAS...aDAM sANDLER IN THE LONGEST YARD.. :(

No sir, but it could have been. It belong to one of me favorite movies with just a mention of the Pirates of the Caribbean. Captain Ron, with Kurt Russel. it's scary how much his character looks and dresses like me dear departed brother.

this thread has three different thing (AT LEAST) going on and it just too confusing someone take charge and clean it up. If you guess right you post the new quote. (period)  you don't guess right? go pound sand!

Friends, it appears Diego be right. Pyrates though we be, we must follow the articles of the ship.

The articles (such as they seem to have developed) are:

1. Any pyrate who gets the answer correct, can post another, single quote.

2. Any man or woman who strikes out and guesses, own up to it as a guess and wait to see if you're right posting another quote.

3. If a your quote be not guessed for 3 or 4 days, you should fess up and post a new quote for the crew's pleasure.

4. Any pyrate posting more than a single quote henceforth shall be punished by Mose’s Law [40 stripes minus one] on the bare back. (I myself have violated this one at least once. Oh, me achin' back.)

5. Any man who falls behind gets trampled.

Outstanding at the moment are the following quotes:

"It would never be thought of for one Tomcat to send a Surgeon to another Tomcat..." posted by Dorian Lassiter

"We're gonna hold on to them by the nose n' we're gonna kick 'em in the ass! We're gonna kick the hell outta them all the time! And we're gonna go thru 'em like s*** thru a goose!" posted surreptitiously by Black Jack Shalaq

"They've taken human error out of war! They've taken human out of war!" posted legitimately by Hitman, who was probably unaware of the Tomcat quote

"Incentives are important, learned that in rehab." and "One more Dude out of you and I'm gonna slap the shit out of you okay, Now I try to save you from yourself but you gotta stop letting your momma dress you man, Your hopeless!" both from the same movie, posted surreptitiously by MrPirate

"They still want an American to go, Wanna take a ride?" posted surreptitiously by MrPirate, guessed to be from Patton by blackjohn

So what say we all 'fess up and start anew with a quote from Dorian Lassiter, who is actually the legitimate person that should be posting a quote at this point?

Mission sir, those be some very big words. We be but humble pirates. :(

Couldn't resist.

Somewhere in the mess I pointed out Dorian's quote as being another from The Duellists (Tom Conti talking to Carradine). I'm not sure what happened next. Thanks for stepping in Herr Moderator.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Somewhere in the mess I pointed out Dorian's quote as being another from The Duellists (Tom Conti talking to Carradine).

So you did. I was working on the wee small screen of my laptop in the dark corners of Panera when I did all that and I'm apt to miss things under such conditions.

I'm not sure what happened next. 

Chaos ensued. ;)

So I guess it's Hitman's turn, and since his quote is awful old, unless someone can come up with it, I suggest (suggest, not order) he admit what it is and post a new one.

Thanks for stepping in Herr Moderator.

Actung, baby! Am I being too directive? Ah, well. Order from chaos, order from chaos. Now everyone have fun with this topic! Now that's an order. :D:P (<- Disclaimer: Sticking his tongue out, not panting.)

"You have an interesting time out here, don't you?" Fry asked, somewhat sick at his stomach.

"Yeah, I do. Uncle Sam says I got to stay out here. But he don't say I got to be bored."

A Boar's Tooth, Tales of the South Pacific, James Michener

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's Hitman's turn, but he hasn't been around to post .

Try this on for size (If Hitman shows up and trumps me, I'll tell you what it is and we'll all forget I ever posted anything. Ever.):

"Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much -effing- fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our GD smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your a-holes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose!"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

It's Hitman's turn, but he hasn't been around to post .

Try this on for size (If Hitman shows up and trumps me, I'll tell you what it is and we'll all forget I ever posted anything. Ever.):

"Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much -effing- fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our GD smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your a-holes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose!"

I belive it's Chevy Chase in Vacation.