movie quotes game

Fancy

Duchess... you never cease to amaze...  :lol:

Oh, that's not so impressive, it's on my shelf, living next to Hero. I was actually trying to decide between the two which to watch again tonight. I ended up with Kung Fu Hustle.

Kung Fu Hustle is one of my personal favorites. All the sensibilities of a WB cartoon combined with a Bruce Lee movie.

"Number one killers. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny!"

"No! Number one is the Beast, the world's top killer. He was so dedicated to kung fu, he went crazy. I heard he's now in an asylum."

"So you're the top killers now."

"Strictly speaking, we're just musicians."

:lol:

(From Kung Fu Hustle, not for guessing.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

OOOOooo, thats Shaun of the Dead

okay. hmmm...

"You shot me in the back! Did I finally make you mad?"

It's a gorram long shot, but I'm gonna take it just the same and say Serenity.

(And now I'm going to go watch the first fight scene from Hero.)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

If any read this and wondered-

"Go ahead and run you sniveling dog! Go ahead and run! I'm glad I hurt you, I'm glad, I'm glad."

The Little Shop of Horrors

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Tombstone

It's like you're dreaming about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

If any read this and wondered-
"Go ahead and run you sniveling dog! Go ahead and run! I'm glad I hurt you, I'm glad, I'm glad."

The Little Shop of Horrors

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Tombstone

It's like you're dreaming about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

You got it! Well done. I was half tempted to use the Latin dialogue. In vino veritas... :rolleyes: I guess 'round these parts in rum veritas might be more appropriate.

Speaking of... you still hanging out with those Rumskulls?

My Home on the Web

Well, it's portagee's turn and if he turns up for a turn at his turn, I'll turn aside faster than a tern flies and reveal the source of this quote.

To keep the game going:

"I am insane, and you are my insanity."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nope. This has been sitting dead for too long though.

It's from Twelve Monkeys - a weird movie, to be sure. Not as weird as Jacob's Ladder though.

Here, try this instead:

"What happens if I refuse to get on the bus?"

"Oh, you look like a sensitive, intelligent guy. Don't make me shoot you."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Twelve Monkeys

The place where my wife and I got married was used for exterior shots for 12 Monkies. And interior shots for... Cry Baby. (I think.) And Will Whatshisname and Jada Whatshername got married there too.

Copycats! phhtttp! :ph34r: <- blowing raspberries interpretation

My Home on the Web

Here, try this instead:

I'll take a SWAG* at it....

sounds like it's from "Swordfish"....

S.W.A.G. - Scientific Wild Ass Guess

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Nope. I've never seen Swordfish.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here, try this instead:

Nobody? How about another quote from this movie:

"Hey, this is a loading zone. You can't park here."

"We're not parking it we're abandoning it."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah Ha!

That line is a more well known one...

'Stripes'

Good, funny movie....

My quote then... Hmmm.....

"...You're my... thirteenth ride."

"Oh great, wierd... and unlucky..."

"We'll see....."

Yer prolly gonna get this one, Mission.. lessee iffn' someone else might.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

To be honest, it doesn't ring a bell at all.

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL!

Big Toe! That woulda been too easy!

LMAO!

I 'aven't seen 'Stripes" in years...

"That's the fact, Jack!"

Hehehe...... I got one o'er on Mission...

Any other folks gonna guess?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka is always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka."

There you are then. I didn't use it because everyone would have gotten that.

(BTW, it's not too hard to put one over on me. Just pick a movie I've never seen...or, occasionally one I have seen. (I can't believe I missed a quote from Patton. Oh, me.))

Mission_banner5.JPG

Black John,

X

nay lad...... not tha' movie...

Hint; th' movie is considered horror, I think... All about revenge...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ah, that's why I don't recognize it. I believe I can count the number of horror films I've seen on one hand. (And that's including Arachnophobia and Silence of the Lambs.)

Mission_banner5.JPG