movie quotes game

Fancy

I think I know my Leslie Nielson "stupid" comedies pretty well and that doesn't quite sound like something from them. It reminds me (vaguely) of the Tim McGraw monologues from Up the Creek, but I know that movie quite well too and I'm sure it's not from that. (shrugs)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Cap'n Sophia,

It's "Silence of the Hams," ain't it? That's Dom DeLuise doing his version of Hannibal Lector, if'n I not be mistaken.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

So then, now a passage from one of me favorite films of all time as delivered by one of me favorite actors:

"If you say 'three,' mister, you'll never hear the man count 'ten.'"

Blackbead

The Duke!

"Hey Yank! I'll count three. And if you're not out of the house by then, I'll loose the dogs on ya."

That's from The Quiet Man with John Wayne going back to Ireland to reclaim the family heritage.

What a fun film. Did you see him in Donavan's Reef with Lee Marvin? I quoted that one way back in this thread but no one could get it. So I gave up quoting classics.

So, since we're doing classics....

"Ridiculous!"

"I will decide what is ridiculous!"

"Monsieur, you surely don't believe..."

"I believe everything!....and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone...and I suspect no one. I gather the facts, examine the clues and before you know it...the case is solved! Hmm!"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Slaps himself in forehead (repeatedly) Thats the pink Panther a shot in the dark. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH How did I not get that right the first time.

Ok mates this may seem a bit rude but I am pretty sure I'm right on this and I'll be out of town for a few days. (Truck Driver :rolleyes: ) So I am going to repost a quote I put up out of turn earlier.

actor #1

Hey Hey Man we cant just let this MOFO do this! Don't tell me we gonna run from this guy.

actor #2

We got to, but before we do we gonna kick him in the nuts

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Alright, I'm going to be naughty and jump in with a quote since no one got the current one last time around.

And mostlyI'm just jumping in since a friend of mine from China does the most humorous impersation of this character. It had me in absolute pain from laughing.

"Goddamnit, how many times do I have to tehr you? You don't use the WMDs untihr you see the signahr! I have worked ten years on this pran! It is a very precise, and a compricated pran! "

The only reason that I know this one is that I saw the 1998 film "Gods and Monsters" and wanted to know where the title came from:

1935's "Bride of Frankenstein."

Should I wait to see if I'm correct? Since there probably isn't another film that has that quote in it . . . and I may be wrong about that . . . I'll go ahead with a quote:

"It has taken 60 million years to develop the carnivorous biped you see before you, (character name.)"

"Let's see what kind of martinis it makes."

"They should be pretty good. I majored in them at college."

Enjoy!

Blackbead

Captain Sophia is correct! It WAS the original version of "The Haunting," which is still one of my absolute favorites and leader in the most scary ghost story movies. So, pass me another Pan Galactic Gargle-Blasters, so that I can feel once again like my brains are being smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped around a gold brick, and let's get on with the show.

Captain Sophia . . . CUE!

LOL. Here's another quote that just might help you guys figure it out. I like this quote because it reminds me of another movie and another set of characters that couldn't get their words right. Who could blame them though...given their...nevermind. :P

"That's 'discrimination' jerkoid! Prescription is drugs, which you're on if you think you're getting in here!"

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Ok, I haven't seen it, but is it...Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? If not that, then how about Attack of the Killer Diegos?

I actually find this as a compliment thanks Mission but I know this one.... I read the book!

"100 ways to tell him no tonight"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.