movie quotes game

Fancy

Whew . . . that's a toughie but one that's sticking in my brain . . . could it be "A Fish Called Wanda"??

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Woo-hoo! Okay, we're going to go back a ways here, but your "Brit" quote made me think of another one:

"As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all my time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight."

Classic!

BB

:lol::lol:

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Speaking of which (somehow these two movies are linked in my mind...):

"And now my friend, the firsta rule of Italian driving. [Rips rear-view mirror out and throws it out the window.] What'sa behind me is not important."

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I believe I actually posted this one before and no one could get it. Since you're cross quoting me, Sophia, I'd say you're up.

It's from The Gumball Rally, step-child of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and parent of all those Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run movies. That quote is from Raul Julia's character. :D

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, my dear, that quote comes from the film, "Kate and Leopold." I may, however, be mistaken but that is my answer to your query.

Confirmation?

And, as far as Raul Julia is concerned, I suggest "Havana" and "Moon Over Parador."

We search for gold, we sail the blue,

If I be right, here's a quote for you:

"You've had your whole life to prepare for this moment. Why aren't you ready?"

You know that is a right nice and tidy thought there BB! I don't know where it came from but it is one of those that will transcend time! I never saw meet the faulkers, is that it? I should liken to remember it fully anyways! Well writen and spoken for humanity is richer on it's merit it stands alone!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Diego, me mate, that there quote be from the Val Kilmer movie "Spartan" which, if ye have not seen it, be a film rich in similar thoughts and speeches. Fer instance, one soldier speaking to another:

"Ain't nobody here but two people in green."

"It goes beyond that."

"Nothing goes beyond that."

A leader talking to a subordinate:

"In the city there is always a refelection, in the woods always a sound."

"What about the desert?"

"You don't wanna go to the desert."

And one-liners like these:

"You need to set your motherfucker to 'receive'".

And exchanges like these:

"What they gotcha teachin' here, young sergeant?"

"Edged weapons, sir. Knife fighting."

"Don't you teach 'em knife fighting. Teach 'em to kill. That way, they meet some sonofabitch who studied knife fighting, they send his soul to hell."

"You wanted to go through the looking glass. How was it? Was it more fun than miniature golf?"

"I think you broke my arm!"

[slams his arm against the side of a dumpster] "Now it's broken."

"Honey, you got all the slack in the world until I leave this room. Then I'm gonna zero you out."

"My name's Curtis."

"Do I need to know that? If I want camaraderie, I'll join the Masons."

It's a tight, taut, film about being a soldier in a world where the values that a soldier lives by have been rejected by the world and the people who use soldiers to do their dirty deeds. I HIGHLY recommend it.

:ph34r: Blackbead

And, since I ruint that last un', here be another quote fer all to chew on:

"How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?"

:ph34r: Blackbead

It's funny, but I just realized that there are some serious similarities between "Dogma" and "Constantine". Am I sick or what?!?!?

Blackbead