Arrr! It pays to have shipmates!

Okay, here goes another quote:

"Do you know what your problem is?"

"I could think of a couple of women that'd be happy to tell ya."

Enjoy! BB

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

No, mi amigo, no . . . any more guesses??

Hint: Interestingly enough, this is another remake that took an original story and gave it a twist. As "Scarface" took the old story of Al Capone and made it "all new again" this film takes an original work, one that was made into a film set during it's modern day, and not only sets the film in our time but changes the characters and the plot line . . . but keeps some of the original dialogue from a book written long, long ago.

Is that enough?

Blackbead

hitman, no one could get it the first time, that's why we moved on. The topic sort of dies when no one can get the quote and the poster isn't here to reveal it. How about another quote?

Oops. The answer to the quote is Harlem Nights between Eddie Murphy actor #1 and Richard Pryor actor #2.

New quote

You guys sure know how to ruin a birthday party!

(hint couldn't resist it's my job.)

Apologies for the repost and slowing down the thread but hey I'm only a member of the third most intelligent species on earth. lol... Happy Thanksgiving

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

I'll take the lack of posts to mean no one knows the answer to either mine or Blackbeards quotes. To be honest I have no clue what his is either. Mine is from the movie Convoy. The hint it's my job apparently wasn't much help. Here's another quote for you.

It's fine Scottish weather the rain is falling straight down

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

It's fine Scottish weather the rain is falling straight down

Braveheart, of course.

Okay, here's one I hope somebody gets, but it may be a bit obscure. It's one of my all-time favorite movies.

"You and your fucking rope"

Boondock Saints!

"Fuck you, I'm not the rope toteing Charlie Bronson wannabe that's getting us fucking lost here!"

To bad Duffy's kind of an ass and pissed studio execs everyhwere off and the likes of a follow up are slim.

Okay, here's the next one:

Get your ass up here and call the police, because there's a dead body in my bed, and it smells like shit, and it looks even worse. And if you don't help us, my dad is going to lay you down right next to her, I swear to fucking God!

For those of you that are interested, my quote was from "War of the Worlds."

Sorry about falling off the face of the Earth, but it's something I have to do from time to time.

And isn't that last one from "Four Rooms"?

How about this one:

"You know, I think you're the most beautiful woman in the whole world.

[eagerly] Do you really?

No, but I don't mind lying if it'll get me somewheres."

Blackbead

Nope, Diego, but you're thinking in the right direction. Sort of . . .

The individual who played the character who was the lead in this interchange was born on the same day that I was born but in 1890. His real first name was Julius. He died three days after Elvis Presley. He was the quiet, introverted middle brother of 5, and suffered the middle sibling condition. He never got as much attention as his two older brothers, who were wild and charming, or his two younger brothers who were cuter. The plus side of this outsider status was that he developed a cutting wit to get attention. Shortly after his death, his children found a gag letter written by him that stated that he wanted to be buried on top of Marilyn Monroe.

Enough hints? So tell me what movie he delivered these lines in??

Blackbead

PS: Did you ever notice that "Peter O'Toole" has TWO phallic sumbols in his name?

Diego:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close! So close that I'll give it to ye 'cause the same actor might have said the line in both movies. It was Groucho Marx in "A Night in Casablanca"!

So, mi amigo, ye be up!

BB

I went old (as in movies because sunset boulevard is older than me) when ye first said I were close and then the hint brothers! I hadn't seen any marx bros for years but I used to get low and laugh me arse off in college 35 years ago with me mates. I don't deserve this but I liken this to be funner with easy like You're going to need a bigger boat kinda stuff so here goes.

"we came, we saw, we kicked it's ass"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Arrrr, now that be TOO eazy, I be thinkin'! That be from "Ghostbusters," of course! But, since ye be chartin' the course, let me try this one:

"Go ahead . . . make my day."

Blackbead

"Go ahead . . . make my day."

"I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda' lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"

(Ok, that's a different movie from the same series, but still...)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

:o WE HAVE A WINNER!! :o

Okay, Caraccioli, I assume you knew it was from "Sudden Impact." So, how about suddenly impacting us with another quote . . . CUE!

ehem!

Hey, hey...I wasn't offering a new quote, I was just free associating again.

Crud! I had a good quote before I went to Florida and now I done gone and forgot what it was... Alas.

"*Excised Character Name*, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone 'Are you married?' and hearing 'My wife left me this morning,' or saying, uh, 'Do you have children?' and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, *Excised Character Name*, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner. But you're alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I'm so fed up with all this. I want to make love with you, *Excised Character Name*. I'm a good lover - at least, used to be, back in the early 14th century. Can we go to bed?"

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg