Well, next hint;

John Carpenter Movie...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Oh, ah. Now I see why you think I would have known it. Is it The Fog?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

See.... ya did know it!

Them lines was between Jamie Lee and Tom Atkins... in his truck....

Off ye go then.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Er, well. I guessed it. :o

This is a really minor line, but if one of you re-enactors doesn't know this one, I shall be severely disappointed.

"I ask for nothing!"

"And you shall receive it, in abundance!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

So that would make it your turn.

Mission_banner5.JPG

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

:lol:

I'll let someone else have a go at this one.

Mission_banner5.JPG

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die."

Sophia and Mission,

Unless me misses me guess, those lines be from the same movie as the one above. AND if you can't guess the movie from that one then you ain't seen the movie!

But how's about this one: "Your neck will be stretched as long as your memory, one of these days."

Enjoy . . .

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

since it's been a few days an' not a guess at th' last line there....

Sadly I' don't know the answer... but I will add a set of quotes...

"Why, He fought a duel this morning!"

"Well, he also fought one this afternoon...."

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

I try... but it seems all are easy to get....

Forward then...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The Duelists is one of those movies that a co-worker and I like to quote, alot. I wish I had a dollar for every time he sent me an email saying "Volunteers?!? Volunteers?!? That woods stinks of Cossacks." In this pirate's opinion, it is one of the best movies of all time. And anyone who quotes from it I hold in the highest regard. B)

duelists-2.jpg

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Well then....

take a peek here;

http://gaslight.mtroyal.ab.ca/gaslight/theduel.htm

This is the story that the Duellists is based upon....

Thank Tempest Fitzgerald fer findin' th' link....

"It would never be thought of for one Tomcat to send a Surgeon to another Tomcat..."

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The Duelists is one of those movies that a co-worker and I like to quote, alot. I wish I had a dollar for every time he sent me an email saying "Volunteers?!? Volunteers?!? That woods stinks of Cossacks."

B)

Talk about weird parallels. A friend of mine and I used to send WB Cartoon quotes to each other via corporate IM (the only time I've ever used IM, actually). I can't tell you how many times we'd say, "You can't do that. Gee-ology of the ground's all wrong!"

That's how I assembled my WB Cartoon quote file. It's not quite as sublime as The Duelists, but there you are.

BTW, I have no idea what that Tomcat quote is from.

"Whatta ya' doing, I say, whattaya doing with a pump, son? Pumping for oil? You're crazy boy! There's no oil in this ground! Stand up son, you're falling all over yourself. There's no oil five hundred miles of here! Geology of the ground's all wrong! Even if there was oil, you'd need a drill. Not a tire pump. Layin' down again! Ya gotta stand on yer own two feet, boy. I may not always be around to help ya! Boy's got a mouth like a cannon. Always shooting it off!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks for the link. A friend lent me a collection of Joseph Conrad stories once just because he knew of my fondness for The Duelists. Having given it some thought, The Duelists, to me, is not just one of my favorite movies, it is a near perfect movie. Ymmv.

Joseph Conrad... fellow Pole... and Sagittarian. I believe his short story Heart of Darkness is the basis for Apocalypse Now. And the ships from Alien and Aliens got their names from one of his stories...

And... whose turn is it? Blackbead? I think you owe us some hints. Otherwise, I'm taking it. B)

My Home on the Web

BTW, I have no idea what that Tomcat quote is from.

The Duelists. Tom Conti plays a surgeon in the beginning of the film. Armand sends him to Ferraud after their first fight. He says something else along the lines of, "I've anatomized the military mind (man?). I've literally picked through his brains." And then something something about still not being able to understand them. The tomcat quote falls in there. Gee, I'm getting rusty. Time to watch it again.

My Home on the Web

Blackbead actually gave us a quote, but no one's guessed it. I Googled it, so I'll just shut up.

Mission_banner5.JPG

:huh: "No man likes being called low down n' high smellin'"! ;)

or... :huh: "Don't piss down my back n' tell ME it's raining"! :huh:

and finally ;) "Don't worry laddy, I'm a champion swimmer. I once swam the english channel...with a anvil on me back"!

The first two should be easy, but ya gotta dig deep on the last one I bet!

;) Black Jack

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

So, ye be wantin' a clue, eh? Well, imagine Randolph Scott playing the son of an English lord and you have the weakest part of this old film. This is one you can buy on a DVD coupled with another film. But, the cast (other than Scott) is first rate and the period setting is full of accurate details.

Regarding "The Duelists": It has to be one of the best representations of the uniforms of the Napoleonic period I have ever seen. I just wish that someone would remake it with a REAL budget. According to the director (and can anyone name him??), their budget was so small that they couldn't have more than 10 or 15 people in any shot. Some of the camp scenes are shot so that you are looking out the front of a tent and they had the same people walk back and forth several times to make the camp look like it had lots of folks around. Can you imagine a version of this film with the same cinematogrophy and battles the size of the ones in "Alexander" or "Braveheart" or "Spartacus"?? Makes this old military historians mouth water.

So, thought of the Randolph Scott pirate film, yet??

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Ah my dear Blackbead, we do seem to stumble onto common ground to revisit subjects of past conversations. ( Namely Napoleonic Cavalry.)

As to your original query of Randolph Scott, it keeps tugging at the back of my mind.....

BUT...

In regard to your other, a strange synchronicty and similarity occures. The director of The Duelists and the afore mentioned actor have the same initials...R.S. and for that matter, the same last name.

The Duelists, was the first major film in the directorial career of Ridley Scott.

And I fully agree, I would love to see this film redone with the budget it deserves. I would be curious to see what another screenwriter would do in regard to things that were not used from the original tale...The Duel a.k.a. The Point of Honor.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Black Jack the second post is the Famous Patton speech Less I miss my guess. Here is one for you should be simple enough .

" They've taken human error out of war! They've taken human out of war!"

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET