movie quotes game

Fancy

I think we need a policy that says that if no one gets your quote within two or three days you win or lose or push or whatever. At the very least you can reveal the movie. Otherwise this topic just dies.

I'm going to throw a (fairly) easy one out there for the time being.

"What about the locomotive?"

"It'll be a spectacular wreck. Too bad no one will be around to see it."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm going to throw a (fairly) easy one out there for the time being.

"What about the locomotive?"

"It'll be a spectacular wreck. Too bad no one will be around to see it."

Back to the Future III

Great set of movies, aye :lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

I have two favorite quotes from that movie:

"Marty, you're not thinking fourth dimensionally!"

"Yeah, I know, I got a real problem with that."

and

"Reach!"

"Is this a holdup?"

"It's a science experiment!"

:lol:

Ok, your turn. (Somebody's turn.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok my go, it helps if you watched alot of MST3K (which reminds me, I gotta jump in on the bad movie thread, im something of a conniseur).

"He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection... they find only death... fire... loss... disillusionment... the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can't be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself. "

mst3k = Mystery Science Theatre 3000

If you've never seen one, make it a point to rent one. They're hilariously absurd!

Mission_banner5.JPG

was "White Squall" based on the windjammer ship "fantome"?

If you don't know the story...The Windjammer "Fantome"

No, it was based on a brig that was a boys school, they would learn Gen Ed and how to sail. The captain and officers of the ship were also teachers, one was the captains wife. Well they sailed through the caribbean and down passed the equator and on the way back home, they hit a huge storm and a White Squall, which is I guess a giant wall of water, and the ship sank along with a few students and the captains wife, there was a trial and stuff. Great Movie, kind of a tear jerker.

Petee-2.jpg

Great minds think alike then eh?  :huh:

We are all connected... B)

I think the actual quote is, "On the watch, sir, always on the watch. They all don't fight like fine young gentlemen." Anyway... the film is a great one, that is, if you like period pieces with swords and whatnot. It's one of Ridley Scott's first films. Actually, I guess it is his first film! I was fortunate enough to see it on the big screen here at the AFI a few years ago.

More memorable quotes from the film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075968/quotes

Next quote...

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

OOOOooo, thats Shaun of the Dead

okay. hmmm...

"You shot me in the back! Did I finally make you made?"