movie quotes game

Fancy

This should be an easy one:

I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don't get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:ph34r:

Jerimiah Johnson

New quote:

"All you have to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and crack your case of scotch when we have a good day. "

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

My quote is easy to Google, but I darest anyone to figure it out without Google. (Unless it goes for a day or two, in which case the heck with it.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Agreed. So... since I'm pretty sure I'm right, I'll take my turn.

And since this film is so good, I'm going to give two quotes...

In any place where they fight, a man who knows how to drill men can always be a King. We shall go to those parts and say to any King we find - "D'you want to vanquish your foes?' and we will show him how to drill men; for that we know better than anything else.

Not gods - Englishmen. The next best thing.

My Home on the Web

'Zactly. What a great film!

A few more from that one, just for fun...

:D

You are going to become soldiers. A soldier does not think. He only obeys. Do you really think that if a soldier thought twice he'd give his life for queen and country? Not bloody likely.
Danny's just a man, not a god. He can break wind at both ends simultaneously - which is more than any god can do.
Peachy Carnehan: Home to what? A porters uniform outside a restaurant and six penny tips from belching civilians for closing cab doors on their blowzy women?

Daniel Dravot: Not for us thank you. Not after watching afghans come howling down out of the hills and taking battlefield command when all the officers bought it.

Peachy Carnehan: Well said, brother Dravot.

My Home on the Web