How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Bored at the moment. I'm up in LA, been here since yesterday. Went to Disneyland and then came to stay a few days with the guyfriend. He's out in an association meeting for the complex he lives in. So I'm just here.....hanging out..... :o Sure is quiet here....big house, lots of stuff....hmmmm....LOL! :o

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pirate.....in a house.......ALONE!.....you go girl ;);) ...

T'day....hmmmm....a little cheesed!....the club I hire the saturday night from, have just canceled the events!!......on my answer phone no less!!.....there isn't much honour amongst the heads o' buisness o'er here!....up front, is how I like t' do me buisness......naught sculkin' around the bilge liken rodents.....tsk!.....phew!.....ta, feels better .....now where's me rum an' me pistola....hurr hurrr

;);)

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

Ouch Mad Jack! Too bad I live here on the west coast otherwise I'd be more than happy to help you out with the western pleasure stuff.

ahhhh, the dream of owning a horse again....just a dream now ;)

Oh, Rumba, I wish you could have seen Apollo today! He was amazing! :) ;)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Feeling SPECTACULAR! ;)

I had the cortisone injection into my neck yesterday, which my neurosurgeon and I have agreed to as a 'buying of time' measure. I have two very bad disks in my neck that are in need of surgery but we are trying to hold out until the FDA releases trials of cervical disk replacement here in the States (been in Europe a couple years with great results). I am a candidate for the trials as soon as they are available. I don't want to have the traditional fusing of disks in my neck if possible. So, anyway, went yesterday for my first ever cortisone injection. It was a bit uncomfortable during the procedure, and I was completely wiped out for the rest of the day and night, but today am feeling the best I have in months. Almost euphoric.

I know it is only a temporary measure, but am very pleased with the results. Thanks mates for all the well wishes ye had sent.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I've seen the reports on those replacement disc trials. Incredibly encouraging, and they should end up revolutionizing the treatment of degernerated discs. I'm glad you're a trial candidate, Ciaran! My fingers are crossed in the hopes you're selected and that it brings you relief!

Ciaran - had your doctor said anything to you in regards to "if you have the other surgery" (to fuse the vertebre), you wouldn't be able to have this new surgery? My curiousity is due to my mother, who had back surgery a little over a year ago. I wonder if surgeons could further repair a person's back if all they needed was disk replacement.

Anywho, I'm feeling alright. Back still hurts, but that's nothing a little muscle relaxer can't fix (woo!). I hit the park today (Magic Kingdom - bought some Halloween decore), strolled around before it got crowded, saw Transporter 2 (pretty good, mho), and am now taking a breather. Got a busy weekend ahead, and I think that'll keep memories of last year (hurricane #3) away, though I still think of those who were affected this past week.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Ciaran - had your doctor said anything to you in regards to "if you have the other surgery" (to fuse the vertebre), you wouldn't be able to have this new surgery? My curiousity is due to my mother, who had back surgery a little over a year ago. I wonder if surgeons could further repair a person's back if all they needed was disk replacement.

My understanding, Sophia, is that the disk replacement can only be used on disks that have not been fused. I also think that I understood my neurosurgeon to say that the FDA trials will only be allowed on folks who have had no fusing done anywhere in their backs. In time, though, once the trials are complete and this technology is approved, they will allow folks who have had some fusing to use the disk replacement on unfused disks in need of repair.

Here is a link to the site that my neurosurgeon has had me look over. It's quite extensive, yet very encouraging.

Spine Universe

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Not in the best o moods today! I was trying to join this fishing club. And this morning I found out from their secretary that my application was denied. Now mind you I know this secretary I have fished events where he has and I am not a drug user and never never drynk on the water. I always wear me life vest in gear. I teach kids how to fish. I have never stepped on anyones toes in compitition ever. I am always on time. I always do more than what is asked of me. I always shre everything I have and own. Just a bit depressed this morning.

That was my original post a couple a weeks ago. I have asked to speak with the board. (to no avail) I have asked for a reason as to why? (to no avail) I saw the most of them (members) on a lake a week ago and saw they were there and even though it was hot I was basically ignored. Three of the twenty plus Isaw said hi without to regard for the rumor spreading cancer it could have caused them within. I knew of this and I thanked them.

Now!

I find out I am not only going to never be a member but! I can't even come into where they have their meetings as a guest! I sure wish that the over inflated egotistical board member that has fabricated whatever needed, realize that they alone are nothing but the single most often identified assasins of good hearted groups. They do nothing, add nothing and give nothing to so many believing people, simply putting them out of business! I call it moral bankruptcy! It is mostly caused when an individule with a very low self esteem gets a position of rank and it just goes to their head! "POWER" I can only pray the good hearted ones (the nice and easy going members in the group I know) see the problems these evil rumor fabricating liars cause within their own club and figure out a way to remove the likes of such an existance killing cancer.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I just feel like "Everything Happens for a Reason" So there is consolation in that way of thinking. I don't have trouble sleeping at night because I don't let anything get me down. On that note - I think it's time for some music and frivolity! - :lol: Drynks for everyone at the pub - tell Ray that Rummy's buyin' :lol:

I just feel like "Everything Happens for a Reason"  So there is consolation in that way of thinking.  I don't have trouble sleeping at night because I don't let anything get me down.  On that note - I think it's time for some music and frivolity!  -  :D Drynks for everyone at the pub - tell Ray that Rummy's buyin'  :D   

Yeh Rummy thanks for your concern but the reason I'm not able to fish in this club is because of one person, one very influencial person who only tries to sleep at night because of what little conscious they have. To think I actually thought it to be the only bass club in town. Hahahahahahahaha. :D:D

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ciaran sir...thanks for the link. I'll definately check it out, though I think my mother is out of luck in the case of the back surgery you're hopefully going to get. She's not too bad though, as she was limber enough to float on a tube on a lazy river in Disney! :D

I'm feeling better today. My back's on the mend, and I need to (slowly) ween myself from the meds my doctor gave me. I wish the weather this week wasn't forecast as such a sogfest, but when it rains here, it pours.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Feeling like I'm torn in two.

I want to support my friends that I've made here at the Pub and see at events, and I want to support the group I belong to.

I am looking forward to seeing my pals from here at the Tall Ships Festival in Dana Point (and I don't care what anyone thinks!) and having a good time! :D

I know the feeling. I work from 8:30 in the morning until after 8:00 at night and last night I had to take work home with me (no records or anything, but stuff I had to calculate and write.) And my weekends are booked through the rest of the month. It's just a wacky time of year.

Rumba - those board members sound like the type of folks that Diego is dealing with. Those kind of folks really need to get over themselves.

RHJMap.jpg

I feel better! I have been approached by a paint ball club so instead of catching little green fish and releasing them alive I get to paint ball all of these people I don't even know next weekend (after tall ships of course)

Does anyone have a clue what paintballing is?

I feel better!

Does anyone have a clue what paintballing is?

Diego - I'd say you feel "Mighty Fyne!" .... Oh, and Paintball? That sounds pretty kinky to me! Petee says he does it with his friends all the time! :blink: -And, me? I feel Divine -(little Monsignor joke there) one more day till we can start another weekend!

I believe you start out will a large expanse of open flooring - say, a warehouse - and you gather all manner of desireable naked folk together. Then, you break out the plastic wrap and gallons of water-based paint, and a Wagner power-sprayer... :) :blink:

I believe you start out will a large expanse of open flooring - say, a warehouse - and you gather all manner of desireable naked folk together. Then, you break out the plastic wrap and gallons of water-based paint, and a Wagner power-sprayer... :) :blink:

Arrghhh go hang paintball! I'm going to the party jacks throwing! Huzzah!