How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a lot has been dumped on my plate. So much crap going on and then to top it I get an email from my dad this morning. My grandfather, his step dad, had been giving less than a year to live. He's had surgery for his heart and all that. The doctor said there isn't much more they can do. He was really sick over this past weekend. They have a hospital bed set up in his house and has hospice coming over. I miss how they used to live in Anaheim, I'd be able to go visit him easily. They had moved to San Antonio back in 1994. My grandmother wanted to retire in her hometown. So, from the way it sounds, it's just a matter of days now. Ugh....sighs..... ;) It just goes flippin' well with everything else going on. Things are really sucky with my sister's job right now, they're pulling a lot crap with her. She's not sure what's going to happen, I'll find out when she gets home tonight. It's just so peachy cuz her birthday is this Saturday. We have reservations at the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland and also hotel reservations. It's supposed to be a fun time, but things are just so sucky. And then I feel guilty cuz I had thought of trying to go to the Pirate faire in Corona this coming Sunday. But no one else wants to go and it's way too nutty right now anyway.......sighs again..... ;)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The flu is no fun either tho. Hope yer feeling well and thanks for the good thoughts. I'm hoping things will get better, I always try to stay positive. :)

I knows ye do lass you be of the clan "UP ARE WE" Yer concerns is well met! Grammercy as well.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I really do believe that cliche, 'when it rains, it pours'. Sometimes seems like one's stars get all out of alignment. Christine, I am truly sorry to hear all that you've got going on. Me heart goes out to ye, lass. Take good care of yerself and those ye love.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Diego, hope yer feeling a bit better today, mate.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

aye wish to thank ye all fer yer concern as the lass to which shared the germ did serve up me dinner friday night musta been with the sicks as I am fine as rain right now mates thanks fer the well wishes. (Edited) in front of the port royal privateers encampment in Corona at 4:00 pm I hope this whole group of friends here shows fer a standin say hey toast and tell!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Not to worry - we had a great weekend even though San Diego didn't work out for us- right now, though, I am freezing. After 3 flights, my 4th and final flight out of Bethel, Alaska has been cancelled and now I am staying in a Bed & Breakfast called the White House. I am supposed to be teaching tomorrow at 8AM and the soonest I can fly into Mountain Village :huh: (look that place up in Mapquest!) is 11AM. Bummer - so I already know I'll be working into the night the rest of the week to assure I get to go home for the Cutthroats of Corona this weekend! Well - that will make me happy again! Huzzah~

I be feelin' like me head 'as been put in a vice, an nothing be 'elping.  I 'ave left work early and wil be going to mebunk fer a bit of rest.

Rest well, and sweet pyratical dreams to ya, Killian! :ph34r:

yar lots of pillagin and none a't'other! I bet its sinus mate! it be santa anas here and me office is all [plugged up and snifflin like wet diapered babies they are.. damp towel feet up closed eyes and put it right on yer brow! in the shade mate even better if ye can find a breeze!

yar lots of pillagin and none a't'other! I bet its sinus mate! it be santa anas here and me office is all [plugged up and snifflin like wet diapered babies they are.. damp towel feet up closed eyes and put it right on yer brow! in the shade mate even better if ye can find a breeze!

I be thinking you be right, but it had effected me badly yesterday, I seem to be feelin better now though.

sorry kids worse sore throat o me life goin on so I'm here ta gets a doctors appointment and close a few last minute situations I anticipate needin ta do. You all look out fer each other and I'll get to ya on the tack!

You'd know if you had one, that's fer sure! The pain be worse than a regular headache, yer sensitve to light and ye also become nauseous. They're so horrible, count yerself lucky ye never get one.

Then I have had them, that's exactly what happened yesterday.

I've had a hell of a sore throat too, since I came back from Pennsic. At first, I thought it was rum withdrawal, but now, after a little over 24 hours on antibiotics, and a marked improvement, I'm suspecting it was more than that. Can you imagine what an impediment it is for a "lady" such as myself to not be able to swallow?

And for the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with Diego's illness...