How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

We monks have it made - no human contact, no parties, no travelling...

Becoming a monk again or are ye still? :D

I think being a nun is inhuman..as Cindy Lauper said, "girls just wanna have fun" :D:D

I'm not having too much fun at this point in life but nuns..well they don't have any LOL :D

Christine, knocking on wood here *knock knock knock*

hero.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becoming a monk again or are ye still?  :rolleyes:

I think being a nun is inhuman..as Cindy Lauper said, "girls just wanna have fun"  :huh:   :huh:

I'm not having too much fun at this point in life but nuns..well they don't have any LOL  :lol:

Christine, knocking on wood here *knock knock knock*

...still...

If Christine were having such a great time, why would she want to escape it? ;)

Besides, there's more to life than just having fun 24/7...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I'm nearly succumbing to pain at the moment. I injured my back on a ride last week (the Mummy at Universal Studios FL), and it conjured up my (rare) reoccuring case of pleurisy (a lovely lung ailment). Hopefully the doctor can help me out tomorrow. For the time being, it's lots of pain killers, honey and lemon infused hot tea, and wheezing. :rolleyes:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

It's not fun when you're being pulled in different directions by yer friends and family. Tis why I need an escape.

Hey, why not do like in tug-o'-war - have the friends on one side holding the rope, the family on the other - let them pull to their hearts content while you get away somewhere...

~ Vegetius

Besides, there's more to life than just having fun 24/7...

There's escaping and there's escaping.

And in all seriousness, fun to me is more then that

Fun is a lot more and it includes all that is beautiful and and fun and chatting here for one or meeting friends, go out or anything..

A lot of stuff nuns give up..

But i guess some people are more right to be nuns, or monks...

I've got my toe in thick bandage now so i don't know for certain Jill, i just know it hurts and feels cold.

Thanks for asking :)

hero.jpg

...A lot of stuff nuns give up..

Actually, they don't give it up...

...I happen to have it on good authority, since my Aunt Tillie worked in a convent all her life, that the nuns had a secret underground playroom...complete with bowling alley, first-run movie theater, Olympic swimming pool...

They had great parties there, or so I'm told... :rolleyes:

~ Vegetius

Hey, why not do like in tug-o'-war - have the friends on one side holding the rope, the family on the other - let them pull to their hearts content while you get away somewhere...

It's always easier said than done. My problem is not wanting to hurt other people's feelings. I try to come up with ways to please everyone. I know, it's pretty much in possible to do, but I still do it. And besides, some people are more sensitive than others, they make me feel guilty.

Sorry to hear about yer toe Charity. Hope it gets better soon. :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It's always easier said than done.  My problem is not wanting to hurt other people's feelings. I try come up with ways to please everyone. I know, it's pretty much in possible to do, but I still do it.  And besides, some people are more sensitive than others, they make me feel guilty.

We always blame others for our own faults - trust me, I know.

No one can MAKE you do anything, especially feel guilty. It's like when someone says, "You hurt me by what you said" - hey, they're just words.

We choose to accept or refuse the burden of friendships, family, etc., and we also choose how far we let them push our buttons. Given an inch, they'll take a yard every time, so it's solely up to US to put the limits in place.

~ Vegetius

Whoa, is that ride really that bad?! I haven't been to the one in Hollywood in some time since they added that ride. Hope ye get better fast Sophia.

The ride isn't bad, if you know what's going to happen. Enough folks were yakking about the layout of the ride prior to its opening that I figured I could determine how to brace myself during certain parts of it. Well...when I went on it the last time (my 4th go on it), I failed to remember one thing...

Lean to the left on the first drop...not the right (lol). I smacked the middle of my back on the side of my seat. I left with what I thought was merely a bruise or a pulled muscle, but the pain has steadily gotten worse. And I think that's the cause for bringing the pleurisy back (typically viruses bring it on, but sometimes injuries to the right places on or near your lungs can do it too).

Anywhoo...I hope life's going a bit better for yah Christine, and you too Charity (ouch...yer toe!).

I'm sure everyone agrees with me on this: I wish there were ways to clone ourselves, be in more than one place at the same time. When more than one person is demanding yer attention, at the same time, this way you'd actually would be able to please everyone.

Ah, well....

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

We choose to accept or refuse the burden of friendships, family, etc., and we also choose how far we let them push our buttons. Given an inch, they'll take a yard every time, so it's solely up to US to put the limits in place.

Heh...some folks in my family used to attempt to push my buttons (I think they were bored)...so I moved far, far away. Now I value the time (however short) I do spend with them, because as they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and that usually is the case.

..I happen to have it on good authority, since my Aunt Tillie worked in a convent all her life, that the nuns had a secret underground playroom...complete with bowling alley, first-run movie theater, Olympic swimming pool...

Ah!

But there you say it yourself, a hidden playroom?

And always be in that convent..it's ok for some but i would go insane, one thing i love most is to travel and do as i want and go as i please.

The world is my playroom, not some basement in a stone building :lol:

Beside, as bhudist you of all people must know when desired one can get peace inside everywhere from inside yourself by meditation, why lock yourself away in a convent? :)

Christine, spoken honestly by someone who is too sensitive at times.. *blush* you cannot please every one.

It's impossible, at some point you have to listen to your own needs too :rolleyes:

hero.jpg

Christine - I'll bet you are one of the emotional backbones in your group of family and friends. And as such, more is always expected of you. Am I right?

There are folks that give and folks that take and the folks that take never seem to get that there should be a limit to what they take. If you don't create limits and say, "this and no more" then they'll always try to make you feel guilty that they couldn't keep taking from you (emotionally and supportively speaking.) And if they are your family, odds are they KNOW how to push your guilt buttons.

RHJMap.jpg

There are folks that give and folks that take and the folks that take never seem to get that there should be a limit to what they take. If you don't create limits and say, "this and no more" then they'll always try to make you feel guilty that they couldn't keep taking from you (emotionally and supportively speaking.) And if they are your family, odds are they KNOW how to push your guilt buttons.

Yes, i totally agree.

I've seen it with my cousin, she collapsed.

Everyone leaned on her, friends and at work etc and it just became too much.

Life should be give ánd take but some don't know how to give, just take take take all the time..

hero.jpg

Yeah I'm also one of the "givers" and it does get away with me every once in awhile. I try to set limits, but it usually happens after I'm pretty tired after being supportive to so many folks. My threshold is about three weeks, then I start feeling ill, so I make sure I get time to myself about every two weeks or so to recharge. I also have a pretty good network of supportive girlfriends who are ready to listen and let me know that I'm an okay person, so I'm pretty lucky on that front.

RHJMap.jpg

Christine - I'll bet you are one of the emotional backbones in your group of family and friends. And as such, more is always expected of you. Am I right?

Aye, that's me. Everyone comes to me with their problems, wants my attention, wants me there with them, wants me around and so on. I've always been that calming one of the family and of my friends too. I keep everyone in line while being calm about it. I've been that way all my life, I couldn't change even if I wanted to....it's just draining.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

That is lucky!

It can really drain you to hear other people's problems but i always listen as i am glad when they listen to me.

I have found after sitting up for a long night with friends, on internet for excample and that's happened quite some times..i'm totally drained for the days after.

There's nothing as heavy as emotional business..

hero.jpg