How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

As always, another fun weekend at Disneyland. It actually wasn't as crowded this weekend like usual, but just was ungodly hot!! Ugh! :unsure: Today was spent in Long Beach at the Queen Mary ship. It was hot there too, but there was more of a cool breeze since being by the beach.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing pretty well here today, although probably like most of us feeling so saddened and helpless about the disaster in the Gulf Coast. Makes me teary-eyed to watch the news from Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Doing pretty well here today, although probably like most of us feeling so saddened and helpless about the disaster in the Gulf Coast. Makes me teary-eyed to watch the news from Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.

Yeah a customer was just telling me about our earths axis being off just a kilter enough by a millionth of a degree to cause flooding and higher tides caused by the poles melting and causing coastal recess throughout the whole world. Famine, plagues and wars, I said yeh? Green house? He says no has nothing to do with our ozone layer. That every so often the earth just shifts like a rear end gear and pinion skipping a tooth errghh something and it happens every so many thousand years. He said he's moving to oregon into the mountains where he can hunt and fish. Any body else heard of this strand o steam?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

That's a new one for me - doesn't mean it has no merit, though. My theory is that it's a whole bunch of things in conjunction causing this wacky weather.

I have a friend just outside of New Orleans, but haven't heard anything (and her family is in Pensacola, so it's not like she could go there to escape.)

And what is it about this time of year that makes everything so nuts? Like several other folks on the Pub, I'm being pulled in a million different directions right now and wish I could clone myself. And my better half Jack is going through the same stuff. I work from 8:30 am to after 8:00 at night and when I get home, I have more stuff to do and Jack is just as busy (thank goodness we don't have kids!) We finally collapse around midnight and get up the next day and do it all again. That's what we get for being so reliable and being the people that other folks count on to get things done... We keep promising each other we'll make time for a vacation later this year. We're thinking of spending a week in Maui - any other suggestions?

RHJMap.jpg

i'm feeling a little numb in places, actually - physically, not emotionally. My doctor has ordered a couple of tests, and i'm going for the first, a head CT, in a little over an hour. i'm a little nervous. Hopefully, they'll find that there is, in fact, a brain between these ears.

Considering what you've had to deal with, is it any wonder that something is manifesting itself physically?

As someone with a back injury caused by a bad accident, I can tell you from experience that numbness is usually caused by pinched nerves. Do you also feel rundown?

RHJMap.jpg

Well today I've been walking around in a daze. Last night I put my girlfriend on a train for New York. She has wanted to try life there as long as she could remember, and tried her hardest to convince me to go as well.

Last week she met a woman from Manhattan who had a room to rent out, and saw this as her chance to go. I know that I could have easily talked her out of this, but I also saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity. I could not live with myself if she didn't get the chance to live in NYC.

She's there safe and sound now and I'm planning a trip up there for Halloween. I hate that city, but maybe a weekend with her there might change my mind. Any way please join me in a toast to my love Carla, "I hope her all the luck in her adventures in the Big Apple, stay safe, and most importantly have a blast! "CHEERS!!!!!! :ph34r:

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

(raises glass)

Yer deed is very admirable, Master Studley. It's wonderful that ye love Carla so much as to recognize how important this opportunity be fer her. I wish ye both the best.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Any way please join me in a toast to my love Carla, "I hope her all the luck in her adventures in the Big Apple, stay safe, and most importantly have a blast! "CHEERS!!!!!! huh.gif

All the best of luck for her new life in new York and nothing but happiness to the both of you :)

Cheers mate! :ph34r:

hero.jpg

Arrr, mates, keep me in yer good thoughts on Friday morn. I be going to get a cortisone injection in me neck to ease the discomfort from me two bad cervical discs. This is the first time I've had such a procedure done, but am hopeful it will give some relief and buy some time before I have to go the route of surgery.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Arrr, mates, keep me in yer good thoughts on Friday morn. I be going to get a cortisone injection in me neck to ease the discomfort from me two bad cervical discs. This is the first time I've had such a procedure done, but am hopeful it will give some relief and buy some time before I have to go the route of surgery.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope this works out!! (And you're braver than me - I HATE needles.)

RHJMap.jpg

That's a new one for me - doesn't mean it has no merit, though. My theory is that it's a whole bunch of things in conjunction causing this wacky weather.

I have a friend just outside of New Orleans, but haven't heard anything (and her family is in Pensacola, so it's not like she could go there to escape.)

And what is it about this time of year that makes everything so nuts? Like several other folks on the Pub, I'm being pulled in a million different directions right now and wish I could clone myself. And my better half Jack is going through the same stuff. I work from 8:30 am to after 8:00 at night and when I get home, I have more stuff to do and Jack is just as busy (thank goodness we don't have kids!) We finally collapse around midnight and get up the next day and do it all again. That's what we get for being so reliable and being the people that other folks count on to get things done... We keep promising each other we'll make time for a vacation later this year. We're thinking of spending a week in Maui - any other suggestions?

Yes, I do have a suggestion! first you find company's offering a three day two night say in Las Vegas for sitting down and listening to their spleel on time share and then you get cheap tickets to vegas and you join the western U S there during the weekend of the Oct 7th -9th this year for one damn great ren faire. In case the likes of you all reading this don't know! (they have black powder there....)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Pissed off. Completely, utterly pissed off. I thought that my days of wearing a knee brace to ride were over, but If I'm going to ride Western pleasure at all, I have to drag out that damned infernal contraption. I should have known something was up when my knee started complaining about long bike rides. But this relatively new ACL wants to be a whiney baby about getting worked hard. Bah! I wish they could have reused my old one and be done with the whole business. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?