How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In true gemini fashion, double.

I've been fighting it all i can but i keep being pretty depressed :lol: and realize i'm stuck in my mourning my mum so i'm getting an appointment with a socal worker.

I've been feeling dreadfully lonely too lately..

Double because i'm also excited, tomorrow..going to the Batavia :)

I am getting pics if i can of an exhibition there is in the museum next to the warf of shoes found at ship wrecks, if there's any period ones from the age of sail and i can take them on pic i will share them on the pub and in the potccostuming group :)

Anyone any requests for pics of parts of the ship?

hero.jpg

Anyone any requests for pics of parts of the ship?

Oh, parts of the ship! Ah, well, a shot from the quarterdeck looking forward, I suppose. keith.gif

And for you, love, a huge hug! pophugbyzappe1ak.gif (OK, maybe not that huge...)

Me? I'm feeling extraordinarily mischievous, happy to be rid of a pesky annoyance, and way too ready to go the Ren Fest tomorrow! william.gif

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Much better as i am looking forward to my trip tomorrow!

I'm going to love it weather good or not..

I've written down the requests :o

And for you, love, a huge hug! user posted image (OK, maybe not that huge...)
:o 'Love your sense of humour :o

And for you... smooch.gif Thanks mate B)

hero.jpg

Tired, got up early for my trip and ofcourse went to sleep to late.. ;)

But i know i

I'll get lots of energy when i'm on my way, i'm looking forward to it!

By the way everyone, some people asked for pics of the quarterdeck, i will take pics but i assure you that you can get a MUCH better view at the virtual tour here:

Batavia virtual 360 tour

Each one of the places it has in that list, you can do a 360 turn around to see the whole deck or whatever place you go to :)

Have fun ;)

hero.jpg

How i be feelin, well you asked so guess ill tell. I am quite mixed up at the moment, there be two lasses who have me attention. The first one has herself a lad who treats her like crap and well that doesnt sit well with me, even ifn she were just my friend i wouldnt like her to be in such a relationship but bein i care fer her i really dont want her to be in it. The other is a lass who serves me my beer, she had me at the first free pitcher, she tells me she wants to hang out and will call me, yet none of it has come to pass. So now my head is all swirlin about not knowin what it is I should be doin.

Tired, but my day went well. I was unsure at first cuz my sister and I went down to Bonita to see my great aunt and uncle. It was my great aunt's birthday. My dad also came down with his new wife. I have not seen them in a very long time. My great uncle is not doing well at all, so that was a little depressing to see him so feeble. But it still went well, just nice to see them again and catch up. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Well I must say I feel kind of lost I guess my main Problem is my job. Surely it is not what I would like to do and it sure isn’t creative enough for me especially since I have already had a career in theater and ending up at a regular crappy paying job really brings me down but who knows what will happen next I have some ideas that I am working on. But thanks for asking.

The Vikings lost in another embarrassing debacle. What a shock.

Dinner (pork and apple en croute) was a rousing success.

The Minnesota Renaissance Festival yesterday was a hell of a lot of fun, and we didn't leave until after 6:00 PM.

Dinner last night was great, even if we were still in costume from the Fest.

I'm still drunk. Huzzah! :)

Got back from today's pirate invasion of the Northern California Renaissance Faire. The folks there were pretty happy to see us. Jack and I wandered the faire, playing sea chanteys and bantering with the visitors. It was a heck of a lot of fun, with two exceptions (which ultimately were quite amusing.)

There was one incident when a confection vendor and one of the "taverns" asked us to stay awhile and play some chanteys (Jack on the guitar and vocals and me on the bodhran.) No problem - we played and sang a handful of songs and more and more people were hanging around and buying the food and drink, so the vendors were happy. Then, a woman who had been selling ocarinas approached us and told us that we were interfering with her sales, since no one could hear her play the ocarina. Now by "play", if she meant making random noises not connected in any way with actual music, then she was accurate about what she was doing. We thought briefly about telling her that she had a better chance of luring people to buy a musical instrument with actual music than random noises, but decided it wasn't worth it and moved on. I'm sure the other vendors weren't too happy with her...

And at another shop, I was reminded of how many people out there erroneously think that playing a drum is "easy". I was doing a wee bit of shopping and Jack was strumming his guitar outside. One of the employees, a woman in her 50's, grabbed a couple of drums and started beating on them. She asked Jack if he would play a song so that she could accompany him. He proceeded to play and she started "playing" the drums, with her eyes closed and swaying her head. She was kind of able to play the basic beat, but couldn't decide the sequence of the drum hits, so she basically hit them randomly. And she couldn't maintain the beat for more than 20 or 30 seconds (which is fairly typical for a non-drummer.) I gritted my teeth through this and at the end, she asked Jack if he'd come back later so that she could accompany him again. He said something non-committal and we got out of there as fast as we could. Now, I'm not trying to be a musician-snob, but I was told by someone wiser than me that nothing messes up a song worse than an inept drummer and not to even think of playing in public until I could do a good job of it. I've talked with too many people who think that all they have to do is buy a drum and practice a couple of times and they're ready to go. It doesn't work that way...

RHJMap.jpg

Monday morning and I am anxious to get this week overwith! Just 4 more days and we'll be heading to Ojai for the Pirate Fest! ARGHHH! It will be a weekend full of partying with some of the finest pirates around ! We are planning ta have us a Pyrate BBQ in the campground Saturday night. Nothing better than 3 days with good friends! ;)

The Vikings lost in another embarrassing debacle. What a shock.

The Minnesota Renaissance Festival yesterday was a hell of a lot of fun, and we didn't leave until after 6:00 PM.

I'm still drunk. Huzzah! :)

do you think without Moss the Vikings will win more than five this year?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The Vikings lost in another embarrassing debacle.  What a shock.

I'm still drunk.  Huzzah!  :)

do you think without Moss the Vikings will win more than five this year?

The Vikes might win 5, if somebody decides to suit up The Little Sisters of the Poor instead of their normal roster.

A bit sleepy - still recovering from a busy weekend and getting ready for Ojai.

I'm having a pretty good time at work, though. I'm wearing one of my pirate outfits to work and providing no end of amusement to my co-workers. Good think I have no client meetings today or they might be a bit taken-aback.

RHJMap.jpg