How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Feeling kind of emotionally "wonky" these past few days. I have a condition that when it flares up, it creates, shall we say, problems. The day it flares up and doesn't go away, I will die. I've prepared myself the best I can, but have refused to dwell on it, since that's unproductive and doesn't help any. And it will probably go on as it has so far and I could live a long life. Typically, this condition only flares up for five hours at most and then I spend a day recovering.

Well, on Friday, it went on for fourteen hours. This scared the bejesus out of me and I contemplated going to the hospital, but the best they could do would be to hook me up to an IV and try various drugs to see if one would work (there's one that might work temporarily, but could cause serious issues due to my tendency towards migraines) and if the condition didn't right itself, I'd be in the hospital or otherwise hooked up to an IV for pretty much the rest of my life; even with a living will, I'm not sure my wishes would have been respected.

So... I spent fourteen hours contemplating my options: allow myself to die at home or spend my life hooked up to an IV. Thank goodness the condition started to right itself eventually and after a couple more hours it stopped completely. After a day and a half recovering, I tried to distract myself, but I couldn't hold off dealing with the attendant emotions forever, so I'm dealing with the aftermath of a very scary situation. So... emotionally it's been an eventful few days. It definitely helped me put things into perspective, though.

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling kind of emotionally "wonky" these past few days. I have a condition that when it flares up, it creates, shall we say, problems. The day it flares up and doesn't go away, I will die. I've prepared myself the best I can, but have refused to dwell on it, since that's unproductive and doesn't help any. And it will probably go on as it has so far and I could live a long life. Typically, this condition only flares up for five hours at most and then I spend a day recovering.

Well, on Friday, it went on for fourteen hours. This scared the bejesus out of me and I contemplated going to the hospital, but the best they could do would be to hook me up to an IV and try various drugs to see if one would work (there's one that might work temporarily, but could cause serious issues due to my tendency towards migraines) and if the condition didn't right itself, I'd be in the hospital or otherwise hooked up to an IV for pretty much the rest of my life; even with a living will, I'm not sure my wishes would have been respected.

So... I spent fourteen hours contemplating my options: allow myself to die at home or spend my life hooked up to an IV. Thank goodness the condition started to right itself eventually and after a couple more hours it stopped completely. After a day and a half recovering, I tried to distract myself, but I couldn't hold off dealing with the attendant emotions forever, so I'm dealing with the aftermath of a very scary situation. So... emotionally it's been an eventful few days. It definitely helped me put things into perspective, though.

Red Handed Jill, I can't even immagine the hardships confronting your every single day existance. Though through this adversity you without reason or need you have been a light of guidance and passion showing humor in the face of all this. I am without words but must try to tell you of the love and admiration we all have for you within these hallowed grounds known worldwide as the pub. Thank you for your wit and wisdoms, keep a song in your heart and a smile on your face and we will smile and sing right along with ya.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Peace to ye, Jill. Remind yer guardian angel not to nap so long next time. Ye be in me thoughts, lass.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I feel like I'm coming down with something. I came home late Sunday with a sore throat. This isn't the first time I've come home from Disneyland feeling icky. All those people around ya, kids coughing and sneezing, ugh! I first thought the sore throat was from all the ac running, but by now it would have gone away. I'm sneezing a lot, I feel warm at the touch, but I have the chills. Ugh, no fun and I have to go in earlier today for the stupid monthly staff meeting at 2pm. It's usually the same crap every month with these meetings, sighs....... B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I can't tell you how much your words of encouragement mean to me.

I figure I'm probably better equipped to handle this than most folks, mainly because I've had to live with it for so long, but I'm really having a tough time. And this condition also throws my hormones out of whack, so I'm very emotional right now. :lol: Drat those hormones!

Christine - there does seem to be something going around. Three of my co-workers have it. I hope it doesn't last too long; drink lots of fluids, take echinacea and try not to overdo it.

RHJMap.jpg

Aye Jill, yer a tough lass, I know you'll be okay, but we all are thinking good thoughts for ya. :)

Yeah, I'm hoping this is nothing, perhaps just more allergies from the change in weather. Went from hot weather to now cool and sometimes gloomy weather.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I don't feel so tough. I've spent the last two days crying on and off and feel like a total weakling. I know it's mostly the hormones and that my reaction is normal, but I feel I should be tougher than this. I tried to get my life back to normal - heck, I went to a ren faire on Sunday, once I recovered physically - but processing this is going to take as long as it takes. Drat these hormones!

Christine - those weather changes do tend to wreak havoc with sinuses. That happens to me and lots of folks I know.

RHJMap.jpg

... This isn't the first time I've come home from Disneyland feeling icky.  ...

ANAHEIM

AP Exclusive

"Disneyitus", a newly-discovered disease, is sweeping the West coast and is thought to be headed for the Orlando, Florida area within weeks.

The disease exhibits several stages of symptomatic growth:

1. Your hands begin to swell and become pure white

2. Your ears begin to darken and become more pronounced

3. Your tailbone elongates.

4. You begin to respond when someone yells, "Hey, it's Steamboat Willie!"

Although there are at present no cures, Dr. Goofy of Disneyland recommends washing your hands constantly when at the park, avoiding all small children, and wearing a charcoal-cannister respirator.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I can't tell you how often I've seen couples at Disneyland with a couple of kids, the oldest perhaps three years old. Yeah, like kids that young are going to get anything out of the Disneyland experience. These kids are unhappy and squalling and the rest of us have to put up with parents constantly hitting us in the ankles with their strollers. Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but if the kid belongs in a stroller, he or she does not belong in Disneyland.

RHJMap.jpg

We were making jokes this past weekend as strollers were everywhere and knocking into people. My uncle said they should make strollers in double decker form, stack the kids instead. He said that after we just saw this one lady pushing this very wide stroller with 3 kids side by side. Ugh, it's ridiculous! I've seen tiny infants there as well. Come on people, the kid is too damn young to be in a theme park! My parents did not take me or my sister to Disneyland until we were old enough to walk and also to understand what was going on. I was 3 on my first visit. Also, kids are so out of control these days. They run wild, getting into everything, being such total brats and what do the parents do? Not doing a damn thing about it! The more I've been going to Disneyland every weekend, seeing these lovely children wrecking havoc, it makes me glad I'm on the pill-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I agree with before mentioned :)

How do i feel

Excited! :lol:

I'm watching the covered live on tv Sail In Parade of the Tallships which will participate in Sail Amsterdam 2005, check out the site guys!

http://www.sail.nl/english/

Tomorrow i'm off to the site and visit as many ships and see as many things as possible, man i'm looking forward to it

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

hero.jpg

We were making jokes this past weekend as strollers were everywhere and knocking into people. My uncle said they should make strollers in double decker form, stack the kids instead. He said that after we just saw this one lady pushing this very wide stroller with 3 kids side by side. Ugh, it's ridiculous! I've seen tiny infants there as well. Come on people, the kid is too damn young to be in a theme park! My parents did not take me or my sister to Disneyland until we were old enough to walk and also to understand what was going on. I was 3 on my first visit. Also, kids are so out of control these days. They run wild, getting into everything, being such total brats and what do the parents do? Not doing a damn thing about it! The more I've been going to Disneyland every weekend, seeing these lovely children wrecking havoc, it makes me glad I'm on the pill-lol!

So! I take it you are just jumping at the chance to create little curtain climbers huh?

Just kidding I think the whole pub knows your stance on offspring!

So how was your "Meeting" yesterday?

Not a bad day as far as I know, few too many beers last night at the dart matches but all in all just another day in L.A.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Curtain climbers - that's a new one for me.

Christine, I am so with you on that one. I recommend getting snipped and tied - it's very liberating.

One thing that bugs me is this tendency of parents nowadays treating parenthood like it's some kind of cultish religion and their kids like sacred beings. Not that kids aren't important, but it really has gone way out of proportion.

RHJMap.jpg

Curtain climbers - that's a new one for me.

Christine, I am so with you on that one.  I recommend getting snipped and tied - it's very liberating. 

One thing that bugs me is this tendency of parents nowadays treating parenthood like it's some kind of cultish religion and their kids like sacred beings.  Not that kids aren't important, but it really has gone way out of proportion.

Aye in my agreements as well to you fer that. I don't need to get phsychological but many will see this op too fill in blanks of opinions to be shared indeed. I think (very little as it hurts) those parents with the future king and queens of the human race that are spoiling them rotten are not only heading for heartbreak but are a direct result of the computer / magazine educated society of today. 50 years ago was the T V educated society and before that the Radio educated society. Magazines are written by authors that cant put a sequence of thoughts together with any meaning other than for selling copies! so the :lol: kids are all going to be little readers digested clones! :lol:

I dont know I see it everywhere in public but I said this before and I'll say it again

in the past year i have seen the likes of many a middle school event Multiple thousnads of youngsters (all ren faires) and I think the country has a very good chance to make it out O K with these kids growing up to take the reigns from us! ( maybe they are the first of the computer age kids

Post birthday celebration exhaustion, but happy.

I am terrified of pregnancy. Nine months of having a parasite that makes you puke everyday. Yippee... When I decide it's time for kids I'm growing them in a jar in the basement :lol:

:lol::lol: Now that is funny :lol::lol: I never really had that problem, but I do agree with Christine, and Jill. WHen I take me kids somewhere we are constantly after thenm to behave and not run around like idiots as I see lots of kids do. Seems to me parents just don't care what there kids do. I guess I'm different I try to keep my kids from doing something stupid. :)

Glad you had a great birthday celabration.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

I don't want people to get the wrong idea here tho. There are people out there who actually are good parents with very well behaved children. It's rare, but it does happen. I just wish it happened a lot more. There is unfortunately more brats out there and parents who don't do a damn thing about it. Le sigh.....

Anyway, the meeting was so flippin' annoying Diego! Probably what made it worse was cuz I don't feel well. They were giving us lectures on the same shit we always talk about. Ugh, they should just record themselves and just play back the tape. It would be the same effect and would save their breath. I still feel like utter crap today, loopy on the sudafed so I can breathe normally. My sister was driving me nuts cuz she has the day off and wanted me to join her down by the beach. I looked like a zombie, just wanted to sleep until I have to go to work. I can't get out of work unless I die-lol! I'm covering for the one co-worker this Friday and the other co-worker has covered for me too much in the past. If I can just make it to 7:30 tonight all will be well. I have tomorrow off and I can just veg out...... :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I don't want people to get the wrong idea here tho. There are people out there who actually are good parents with very well behaved children. It's rare, but it does happen. I just wish it happened a lot more. There is unfortunately more brats out there and parents who don't do a damn thing about it. Le sigh.....

I suspect our parents said this same thing. And their parents... and their parents...

Either chaos is taking over, or it's just a matter of perspective... or something else...??? :lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.