Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

My favorite cartoon would be the Road Runner and Willie Coyote.

Willie?

"Wile E. Coyote. Super genius. I like the sound of that! Wile E. Coyote. Suuuperrr Geeenius." - Wile E. Coyote

"Are you in, genius?

Are you in, capable?

In solent?

In possible?"

-Bugs Bunny

"Eh, what's up, doc?"

"Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Wile E. Coyote, Genius. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college..."

"I.."

"...and so, let's get down to cases: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are and I'm a genius! While you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarden. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers."

"I'm sorry mac. The lady of the house ain't home and besides, we mailed you people a check last week."

-Bugs & Wile E.

wile.jpg

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article about Chuck Jones and the animators of the Road Runner....

The Studio put them in a house 'Off-set" because they were just too crazy to keep around...... And some of the story-boards that they came up with were way too wierd for the studio to even consider........

Dang.... sounded like a fun place to work...... :huh:

I highly recommend Chuck Jones' book, Chuck Amuck. You can probably get it at your local library. He explains the environment and the situation that went on at Termite Terrace (which is the building you're talking about).

Jones had a whole series of rules that were mostly followed when he directed the RR/Coyote cartoons. According to Jones, the rules were:

• 1. The Road Runner cannot harm the coyote except by going "Beep-beep!"
    2. No outside force can harm the coyote—only his own ineptitude or the failure of the Acme products.
    3. The coyote can stop any time—if he were not a fanatic. (Repeat: "A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim."—George Santayana)
    4. There may be no dialogue ever, except "beep-beep!" The coyote may, however, speak to the audience, occasionally with his own voice or through wooden signs that he holds up. (The Coyote speaks normally in some appearances with Bugs Bunny, but the only communications between the Coyote and the Road Runner are written on signs.)
    5. The Road Runner must stay on the road—otherwise, logically, he would not be called "Road Runner".
    6. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters—the southwest American desert.
    7. All materials, tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.
    8. Whenever possible, gravity should be made the coyote's greatest enemy.
    9. The coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.
    10. The sympathy of the audience must lie with the coyote.
    11. The coyote can never catch the roadrunner.

Note: As I recall it, these rules were repeatedly and flagrantly violated when Freling and DePatie took over direction of the RR/Coyote cartoons in the 60s, after Chuck left WB. But then I find that these are some of the worst cartoons in the series as well. Plus the music is repetitive and tedious as the studio recycled it to cut back on production costs to compete with Hanna Barbara's TV fodder.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Wow!! Where the heck is Chole?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aha!!! Conspirin aye?.....

Red CAt heads below t' check th articles.... :P

Then finds summin shiny an fergets all about it...

Damn CAt!

Hmm...Miss Ray 's pretty..but nope!

and yes thanks fer noticin!

Hmm, Capt' Crunch as a pirate....

Maybe he could go through a Commadore Norrington period and go bad for alittle while. :blink:

Anyone remember the olde Crunch commercials with pyrate 'John La Feet'(bare foot of course)?

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Never did that one...but with water paints I always ripped the cardboard..same with pencil erasers...

Man it's like 78^ up here blagh B)

I have one of those clear 'snapshot moments' from when I was six or seven laying with my legs hanging over the couch arm reading an 'Ator' comic book and stopping just to watch the commercial with the 'pyrate in it'. Those went away, as best memory serves, by the late 70s. Don't remember ever seeing them past that. Some twisted political correctness going on there? I wonder. At least there was the 'Mad Jack' cartoon that was on Saturday morns for a while in the late 90s. Silly, but better than nothin'. I'm waiting for a 'what's in yer wallet' pyrate commercial.

I've already sent this to personal friends (some of which are here at the Pub), but I wanted to reprint this for all to see.

Well I got the news yesterday morning (3/13/07) about what happens with my back situation.

I was referred to Dr. Howard Tung, at SDSU (San Diego State University), Healthcare- a neurosurgeon.

First, no surgery. The doctor felt that because of where the problem is, that attempting to put any kind of replacement disk which would have to be held in place with screws, would not hold. That due to osteoporisis that surrounds the area, and weakening the bones.

He stated also that there would be no guarantee I would be pain free and he suspected the operation could make things worse.

He suggested cortizone shots to the area, which I absolutely will not do. I've had cortizone shots and I know for me they don't do any good and make it hurt worse---and I'm sure as hell not going to take in low back!

I won't be able to go and do the things that come so easily to movement as just a common walk. I cannot stand for very long, nor walk very far without having to sit down because of the pain in my back. So I'll have to live with it as I have continued to do so, thankfully I have my trusty scooter.

So this leaves me where I am, no getting better, no way to correct the situation, and my quality of life has just hit an all time low.

Rumba Rue

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not going to commit suicide or anything like that.

Rhumba,

I'm sure I speak for any and all who have lurked the Pub for any length of tyme regarding your station of high regard. Our thoughts and sympathies are with you in your peril of health issues, and as Jill mentioned a better treatment or aid could be around a very near corner. May I add you are revered, cherished and appreciated here, and the Pub could be nothing but dimmer without your light of wit, humor and insight(Speaking of humor, what ever happened to the dancing bananas? I laugh every tyme I think of that).

All gods' speed and tha best of cess to ya, lass.

Fin up, dear! We all luv ya'!

Hey, Rumba, I agree with Flintlock Jack 100% - even about the dancing bananas! The Pub would NOT be the same if you weren't around. I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud when you've managed to find just the right Smilie - the one that slaps its forehead and faints, busts me up every time. Also the hero worship one, and the "mooner."

I'll keep ya in my prayers, and like Red Handed Jill, I'll hope the medical community will come up with something that, even if it can't cure you, at least it might give you some of that quality of life back.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog