Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

Random:

So much life to live so little time to cram it all in..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

random thought....

If a woodchuck could chuck wood would he? and why would he? and where would he chuck it? would he be happy chucking wood? would he chuck wood just because his parents chucked wood? does he dream of doing something other then chucking wood?

I think I'm over thinking it

damn it, I'm sick of having to spend 20 minutes every morning chipping the ice from under my garage door just to get the darned thing open. I'm so ready for warm weather.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

wasted days and wasted nights

and yes WD-40 should help, or brush it with antifreeze

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

to your ice problem, the one guy I used to work with had the same problem. If I remember correct he stoped that by spraying wd-40 on the bottom of the door. Not 100% certian on that one so don't shoot me if it doesn't work.

I'll have to look into that trick.

The problem is that the garage floods when the ice/snow melts which has been happening during the day lately. Then when the temp drops again at night it freezes. Thaw, freeze, thaw, freeze, repeat until June.

Someone remind me why I didn't move south when I had the chance?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Well, your always welcome in the great North West. Best of all seasons, without the extreams. Although it can get hot for about a month here, into the 105-110 range. But usually not more than a month. The rest of the summer is 75-85.

Come on, Chole, head for the Rogue Valley. :) Bonus, you're only two-three hours from the coast, depending on which route you take.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Rogue Valley, I like the sound of that. Got space for house guests Ransom *bats eyelashes*.

Random: Drat! I missed my cross over into "dread pyrate" :o the title is so fitting too.

Dreaded Dread Pirate, get it, get it? :huh:

The problem is that the garage floods when the ice/snow melts which has been happening during the day lately. Then when the temp drops again at night it freezes.

I take it you can't leave the door open just a bit. :o

Could be worse, you could not have a garage Chole.

Rogue Valley, I like the sound of that. Got space for house guests Ransom *bats eyelashes*.

Random: Drat! I missed my cross over into "dread pyrate" :D the title is so fitting too.

Dreaded Dread Pirate, get it, get it? :D

You're more than welcome any time. 'Course, ya know you'd be sharing the house with five cats! Bring some of your books with ya. Between the two of us, sounds like we could load a simi.

Grants Pass is on the Rogue River, and I always thought it would be kewl to have a pirate group called Pyrates on the Rogue. You could be Rogue Dreaded Dread pirate. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Completely anecdotal evidence about VA hospitals...My father spent a year in a VA hospital in Baltimore and it was actually fairly decent. Old old building but they were slowly remodeling it nicely. This is about seven years ago so long before this latest news.

Random:

So much life to live so little time to cram it all in..

A thought on your pondering, Miss Jenny, if ye'll allow me;

Years ago, in a melancholy mood, I made notes to myself about the greatest tymes of my life. It took months of talking to friends, family and exes to have a good list, but when I was done I sat down and 'connected the dots', per se, to try and determine how I could live the rest of my life chocked with 'memorable moments'. I was surprised how some situations paralleled one another as far as the potential for an improved step in my life. In an objective light, I could see how I'd let a few opportunities slip by me. Silkie's quote about each moment is a great start, and believe me with the right choices(both life and partner)that 'full life' can manifest itself with an irresistable and desirable abandon. The right 'other half' is a great springboard in as much as getting yourself in the right proximity for a great life, I'm not saying it's absolutely necessary, and I always thought as such, but it's quite an adventure with two of likened minds and desires.

Proactive seems to be an overused buzz word these days, but it's relative to progressive growth in both personal and social endeavor. That attempt to shift my own life by 'connecting the dots' has greatly improved it. The right spouse hasn't hurt either.

There my thought goes being random again.....

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Completely anecdotal evidence about VA hospitals...My father spent a year in a VA hospital in Baltimore and it was actually fairly decent. Old old building but they were slowly remodeling it nicely. This is about seven years ago so long before this latest news.

I take it the media has reported something bad about VA hospitals. They couldn't have possibly found the worst possible case or situation and decided to expose that, now could they? (Somehow the reality of a media expose always seems so much tamer than they make it out to be. I'm still ranting about the news media, aren't I?)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I take it you can't leave the door open just a bit. :D

sadly, not if I want the stuff in my garage to *stay* in my garage. The joys of living in the city.

I take it the media has reported something bad about VA hospitals. They couldn't have possibly found the worst possible case or situation and decided to expose that, now could they? (Somehow the reality of a media expose always seems so much tamer than they make it out to be. I'm still ranting about the news media, aren't I?)

And well you should, Car, since media as we now know it, unfortunately, has turned into some form of alternate entertainment.

"These are the times that try our souls."-Jimmy Buffett

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Just got to work and found out they fired the *&&%&* that's been making my life hell here....Do I feel guilty for being part of the firing squad? NAh...ya burns yer bridges ye land in th drink... ;)

Just got to work and found out they fired the *&&%&* that's been making my life hell here....Do I feel guilty for being part of the firing squad? NAh...ya burns yer bridges ye land in th drink... B)

High hold, sweet Jenny lass;

A pat on tha...well, back fer now B) ...fer it.

Sometymes ya jest hafta pull tha trigger on such. I've dunnit meself on true occasion. Deliberation given in tha extreme account. Not an event of ease ever.

Lose no sleep over tha useless and wretched, fer they've missed their call......

Here's ta' swimmin' wit' loose limbed women....

Iffen ah'm drunk ta' tha' brink, do prop me up, me darlin'...

But iffen ah'm anywhere near bein' sober ta' me gills, do buy me a drink!

Oh Jenny, you'd like my vintage maroon wool crepe cheongsam with the sliver bamboo beading design. Found it from a vintage dealer out of San Fran many years ago. It even still has the original paper tag on the back.

Although it has nothing on the "wowza dress", which is appropriately named B)

Me first wife wore a short-sleeved blue Cheongsam as her weddin' dress.

Her grandfather was Irish an her grandmother Chinese. Aye, she was a red head wit' almond shaped eyes.

Mr. TAr...

Ye has a way wit words...

No wonder th ladies fancy ye from afar..

I take it the media has reported something bad about VA hospitals.

Yep, it's all the rage 'round these parts...

I have fond memories of Walter Reed... the Little Shop of Horrors... first place I ever got to see up close and personal like someone's internal organs... lungs, liver, pancreas... and someone's brain. And that wasn't even in the museum. The museum has such things as... the elephantiasis infected leg in a jar, and countless other things best left unmentioned in polite company.

After my experience of last year, I see hospitals in a new way. Hospitals are filthy places. My mom spent her last six months in Hopkins, in one of the most high tech neuro-intensive care wards on the face of this planet, and MRSA swept through that place like the plague.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.