Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it "killed" the elderly lady in the room next to my mom first. Then it moved on to each of the adjoining rooms. I'm not sure how many it "killed" in that ward while she was there, but suffice to say it contributed to the deaths of more people than would have died otherwise.

And the nurses and doctors... at Hopkins... did they follow proper sterilization procedures... eh... never mind.

Hey, would you like to buy a sword? How's this for a deal... $120... and a pack of Keebler fudge stripe cookies!

It's in my car down in the garage...

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

And well you should, Car, since media as we now know it, unfortunately, has turned into some form of alternate entertainment.

"These are the times that try our souls."-Jimmy Buffett

The stuff that I patently recognizable as being biased (ie. blatant entertainment) doesn't bother me that much. I know what they're trying to pull. It's the stuff that poses as being "balanced news" that is really just a thinly disguised attempt to alter my opinion. I find that offensive. (I find most attempts to subtly or (what I perceive as) underhandedly abridge my freedom or sneakily alter my opinions sort of offensive. It's one thing if I know going in that they're trying to alter my opinion, but when they sneak it in there...that's just underhanded and deceitful.)

As for the quote...well, that reminds me of a Patton pun.

During the invasion of Sicily, General Patton was getting ready to take Palermo. He checked with the weather forecasters who told him it would be incredibly rainy that day. So he issued an order to place copies of The New York Times at the back of his troops' personnel transports.

His staff was mystified. Why The Times? But Patton was adamant, and no one wanted to argue with him. As five tons of old copies of The Times were loaded, the General said to the war correspondents: "These are The Times that dry men's soles." :huh: (Oh, that was bad. Punning is the lowest form of humor. Good ol' George S.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I have fond memories of Walter Reed... the Little Shop of Horrors... first place I ever got to see up close and personal like someone's internal organs... lungs, liver, pancreas... and someone's brain.  And that wasn't even in the museum.  The museum has such things as... the elephantiasis infected leg in a jar, and countless other things best left unmentioned in polite company.

That display Our Body: The Universe Within is on display here in the Detroit Science Museum. I first came across this in last year's Bond flick and I want to go see it. I was going to ask this girl I know, but then thought the better of it. So I'll probably just go by myself.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

random thought.....

today I was contemplating many things great and small. Why am I here? What are we to do here? Then I thought of all the great thinkers that have come before me, Socrates and Einstein to name a couple. What did they think or know that we don't or haven't. Then a thought came upon me..... I want a nutty buddy and a pepsi.

;);););)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

;););) I agree!

Not so random thought...

Just got through listening and watching Sting's DVD The Journey & The Labyrinth - The Music of John Dowland. AWESOME!!!

Totally blown away. If I had the money, I would buy all my friends this CD DVD combo. If you have HDTV, like we do, it's as if you have a magic window to a labyrinth, the crypt of a church, and Sting's amazing 16th century manor house. So close you think you can smell the herbs, the beeswax of the candles, and touch the singers. Incredible.

BUY THIS SET!!! ;)

***So, can ya tell I liked it?***

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hey.... dija know.....

Pi Day [ Mar 14 ]

Ooops it's Pi Day people so all maths lovers have a happy time brain exercising. For my part I never liked Maths and to top that our maths teacher was this 'frowniferous' man who kept putting biiiiggg 'Zeroes' on my math paper ! That's Mr. Rogers for you. I don't wanna spoil my appetite talking about him. Every time someone mentions him I still get the heebie geebies ! But you folks needn't be afraid of the old grumpy, so go ahead and have loads of fun tapping the gray matters of your buds and families on Pi Day.

Sting's DVD The Journey & The Labyrinth

Oops... the Labyrinth I was thinking about was David Bowie.......as the Goblin King.....

There is a Ball in L.A. in July..... all about the Labyrinth.... I wanna make something "mind blowing" and go........ this is what I'm typing about......

http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com/

and this was my first experiment.....

Goblin-II.jpg

The Troll Lord will be even better..........

Another thing I wanna do....

I found a place..... "Second Life" that looks really fun....

http://secondlife.com/

.... But I can't get the downloadable program to ... well download....

Dang... a place where you can "make" anything...... sounds like a lot of fun......

OK.... so that was three different random thoughts..... so whatareyougoingterdo....... sue me ?

:lol:

11 exclamation points ... and it's march 8th which is 3/8... add them together and thats 11... and it's just after 11pm here.. ahhhhhh 11's are all around

oh shnickeys I put 11 periods in that

plus we're on page 43, add those two together it comes up with 7 and that rhymes with 11! Somebody help us!

Red Cat swoops in with a large haversack and steals all yer exclamation points..!!

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

heh hehe

....Hey! woagh those are loud....!!

On second thought ..ye can have em back..

*dumps them all out in a big tangled pile*

Grumble...how can I go about piratin wi all that ruckus!? sheesh!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:lol: Oh, please, let's not go there! (note exclamation point)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"SEX" on the cover.

Wot 'bout sex under th' covers ?........

Awh heck that was a question mark not an exclamation !

OH well... maybe I can do better next time ! ! ! ! !

<Notice that I put a space between the exclamation marks...... anyone can just type a string of them... It takes REAL dedication to do it right ! ! ! ! )

Patrick you are to be comended. Such dedication! :(

Aye but the true test of dedication would be putting something b'tween em to lead into the next exclamation point....not that dedicated this morn. :huh:

anyway me random thought of day be all roads lead somewhere does it really matter which one ye take?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Tonight for my random thought I think I'll answer one of my letters from one of my many fans. Let’s reach in the bag.....

*rustle*swoosh*paper shuffling*(sorry my sound effect guys out of town)

Oh look a letter.

Dear Dennis "the blue"

My name is Tommy. I am 9. I think you are cool. You are my second favorite pirate. Jack Sparrow, you, and Captain Crunch are my top three pirates. What is your favorite cartoon and why? How did you get the nickname "the blue"? I hope to hear from you.

Tommy Johnson

Middlesex, Pa

Thank you Tommy for your letter. I'm not sure if I would consider Captain Crunch a pirate or a naval officer but we'll go past that. To answer your questions I'll start with the first one first. My favorite cartoon would be the Road Runner and Willie Coyote. Reason for this is that it is simply a great metaphor for the middle class American trying to reach its dream of being rich. Thus the Coyote is middle class America and the road runner the life of luxury. We try to use get rich quick ideas only to have it blow up in our faces, just as the Acme products do in the face of the Coyote. I could be looking too much into this but I don't believe so. Now for your second question, I wear all blue DUH!

Thanks again Tommy for your letter. You will receive an autographed 8x10 from Spank da Monkey, plus a one size fits most "I'm a Dennis "the blue" fan how about you?" T-shirt in the mail shortly. These items and many others are available at our online store. So remember every one till next time, same random time, and same random place. GOOD NIGHT!

Oh but you could have so much fun corrupting him into the second version of Norrington.... :o