Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

Stares at empty rum bottle, my only consolation for not being at such a wonderful event. Scrolls through pictures again, shakes head at the unfairness of distance, time, and coinage, which prevents my own participation with such an amazing group. Crosses arms on desk, drops head, and sobs bitterly. :lol:

You all looked magnificent, and I am so, so...so JEALOUS!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great time was had!

Though not open any longer, I think a raid should be put in the works for either the 14th or the 21st of October!

Think I'll start looking around to see what's available! Maybe some local bar or interesting establishment wouldn't mind a raid!

..............any ideas?

Rats

Drink a toast to me, Archangelians! My birthday is the 13th! :lol:

With pleasure Habibi!!!! We all love ye Empress!!!!!!!!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Is there a website with more pictures of the archangel's crew from this event (or any other???)

Greg

:lol:

Hello Greg,

Captain Sterling is working on 'creating' a website/webpage for our crewe members to post event and photo information. Alas, it is still in the 'draft' stages.

And the Empress is correct. This is the first offical 'event' that we have been able to attend...but fear not...there will be more in the future!

As for additional shots...please contact me off the list and I'll see what I can find.

I'd be happy to help.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

bump

You really should excuse yourself, woman, whenever you "bump." I mean, you know, polite company and all.

Regarding October... my birthday is on the 2nd (same as Sting, Don McLean, Groucho Marx, Confucious, Ghandi... all the great thinkers). A good traditional Irish Tavern sounds good for a raid, in my opinion.

I have a really great shot (with me in it!! yay!!) from Bristol of the crew in my camera. These things typically take several days... I will definitely post it here very soon.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

bump

You really should excuse yourself, woman, whenever you "bump." I mean, you know, polite company and all.

I have a really great shot (with me in it!! yay!!) from Bristol of the crew in my camera. These things typically take several days... I will definitely post it here very soon.

(Blushing) <_<

Sorry about that Cap'n Pete, I just can't seem to judge distance with my bum roll on! :huh:

Oh yes! Pictures Please. I do have a shot of us together but sad to say the gent who took the photo was not of steady hand (way too many ales perhaps at the pub?) and we are all blurry! Please forward it as soon as you can, Sir. Thank you!

Member of "The Forsaken"

bump

<_<:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: Cap'n Pete our lives would be so much duller if we hadn't met you!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Oy CaP'N PETE!

Is it the shot by the stage were we all were able jump in?

We actually had a few good ops!

If I remember right, I took an excellent shot of you and the young lady "Robin" I believe her name was??? Rock ON! Remember??

It was with Lieutanant March's camera though so we'll have to get that from the Marchs.

What a great time!

RATS!

The picture I have of all of us was behind the large stage in front of the ratty wall (the really GREAT back-drop). The gentleman who used my camera also flubbed the shot on my camera -- it was so blurry, I already deleted it. But I had asked him to take a second one while he was still holding my camera, and I am so glad I did: it turned out great. Photos to be uploaded to CD this weekend, and then several to be posted here.

I remember the girl who could not find her parents (I was 99.99% of the way to actually getting her phone number to win the non-bet... But I didn't really need nor want it.) Alas, I have no photos of all of us on that stage.

Yes: there were dozens.. nay, scores... Nay: Hundreds of superb photo ops for us through the course of the day. And my camera seemed to stay in my pouch the whole time -- what's up with that? We should have hired a professional photographer to follow us around the entire day.

I have a great photo of Rats & Lizzie at the Falcon show. I have another one, straight up at the bird's butt, which should be aptly labled "Look Out Below!" And a few at the Armoury, with Rateye, March, and the Captain handling weapons. But not too many more...

Watch this space...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

...Wait... I just re-read your post... Which "young lady"?

"Rock On"? Was this the goth girls down near the jousting field who were HOT for pirates? And when I suggested they go to some other more interesting area, they asked if there were "any hot guys over there?"

Or was this the two girls near the exit, and I crammed into a chair with them together for everyone to take pictures?

So many women... So many blackmail opportunities... So little long-term memory retention...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

We should have hired a professional photographer to follow us around the entire day.

Lilly tapping her foot. "Oh...by the way Cap'n Pete....didn't Rateye tell you!?" Rateye IS a professional photographer! Well, he was before changing his profession.

He does lovely work too!

Member of "The Forsaken"

...Wait... I just re-read your post... Which "young lady"?

"Rock On"? Was this the goth girls down near the jousting field who were HOT for pirates? And when I suggested they go to some other more interesting area, they asked if there were "any hot guys over there?"

Or was this the two girls near the exit, and I crammed into a chair with them together for everyone to take pictures?

So many women... So many blackmail opportunities... So little long-term memory retention...

No Dear Cap'n Pete...

Robin was the Goth gal standing on the tall 'town crier' stage on the way to the front gate. I've got a shot of you and her. She also gave little Lizzy that lovely peacock feather. I will have to down load that when I get home.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Yes, yes, that's the one I orginally had in mind... then I started remembering others... so many others...

"Robin"? You remember her name? I am terribly sorry, I was concerntrating on getting numbers. The challenge was not how many names you could collect.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

:rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

"Robin"? You remember her name? I am terribly sorry, I was concerntrating on getting numbers. The challenge was not how many names you could collect.

If it had been names then only Lizzie would have won!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::ph34r::lol::lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

"Oh...by the way Cap'n Pete....didn't Rateye tell you!?" Rateye IS a professional photographer! Well, he was before changing his profession. He does lovely work too!

He should carry a camera... hint... hint ...

If it had been names then only Lizzie would have won!!!!!!!! 

Indeed. Also: Collection of most pebbles. Plucking of most plant life.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Oh... who would have won the contest: "Shat upon by greatest number of creatures of the air"?

Photos on their way! Watch this space! Some of these are to die for...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg