Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

What the... ? Oh dear... I really do not remember that.

You all say I missed the whores... I was too busy fishing with my hook -- see what I caught?

95c87449.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK for the record....

Oh hell! What can a person say about that !

THERE WAS NO CONTACT!!! By God!

Helluva good time!

Maybe it was from the lack of sleep, but I'm still laughing about a great time!

Like I said, think about laborday Sunday 4th Sept???

Rats

Oh...um...perhaps I should have asked before I posted the infamous blackmail shot. :P

I can sum up this shot in five words....booze and lack of sleep! But both of you were just a joy to watch...(by the way...not into that...sorry). But if you feel 'unsettled' by the shot...Just say the word and I will pull it!

As for Sunday, September 4th...I'm gonna see if the Captain can join us! He'll be in town for that weekend. It being my birthday and all....

Okay...if any one asks...I'm old.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

The elves better start sewing!!!!!!!!!!! currently the captain has taken to his bed from the shock of undone latchets sans the buckles....not to mention the rest of the crewe....this time we fear he shall not recover... :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I have to explain about the undone latchets.

You see, after entering barefoot, the gate nazi stood there and watched as we started to tend to the buckles.

In a fit of anger and spite our very own mistress said, "Enough! That hobgoblin is going to stand over us until these are secured onto your feet..... Just wear em!"( or something to that effect)

Which is what I did.... Hence the exaggerated "new shoes walk" I performed around the main gate and through out the faire. Until I buckled down that is!

Yeah, they (the nazis) loved us!

Rats

• 2 weeks later...
The elves better start sewing!!!!!!!!!!! currently the captain has taken to his bed from the shock of undone latchets sans the buckles....not to mention the rest of the crewe....this time we fear he shall not recover... B)

I still like the unbuckled shoe look... Of course, you had to walk like an arthritic duck in order to keep them on your feet.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I cannot begin to sing praises strong enough for the captain and crew of the Archangel. A finer band of pirates? I think not.

I thought it was fun walking around with the lot of you a couple of weeks ago... But when I saw this crew of superbly-adorned and accoutered pirates approaching the Pig & Whistle Pub... words fail me. I thought the captain's recent words and threats against the sewing elves were all bluster and smoke -- but the results.... Oh, the results.

Captain Sterling, sir, you have a presence about you... I remain impressed and, again, words fail me.

Ratseye... Mister March... your new finery is to die for. I am still processing in my mind what you wore. I remain very, very impressed.

Rats, I would not have imagine that anything so understated could look so incredibly perfect. What you wore was almost identical to the vision of what I had wanted to make several years ago, which was the driving force behind my creating a pirate outfit in the first place. I am now rethinking everything I have done...

Skittles, I still remain dumbfounded by your button-making (weaving?) skills. Cheeky... I already ran out of words long ago.

People, it was an honor to be in your company for the day. Sadly, the party had started before ye arrived, I was already two (out of three) sheets to the wind, and was certainly not at my finest by the time ye all showed up (I was possessed by the Spirit of the Faire before ye got there!). But if I embarrassed myself, I hope ye got some good pictures out of the process. I cannot readily call to mind a more enjoyable day spent with people who were not immediate family members.

Captain Sterling,I remain a faithful member of another ship already, but if your crew ever musters at an event, and ye would be willing to press into service this lowly volunteer, barring any other conflicts, I would be honored to be in your company again. Ye have only to say the word.

Cheeky, I am angered at myself... did ye forget, or choose not to press me? You asked about borrowing my shackles and I said yes... but when we got to the car I was mostly concerned about securing my gear, and forgot what we had discussed. They are still yours to borrow, but now they are back in my hands, which may no longer be convenient for you. The promise stands, however, and we simply have to work out logistics. If it is for RF2 (for instance) it can be easily arranged. If ye had something sooner in mind, perhaps Mister March can act as courier (I plan to see him at the Minooka reeanctment). Again, just say the word.

And I have run out of words. I am still processing the events of yesterday. Damn, I had a great time, and I thank each and every one of you.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Em-bare-assed??? NAY Capn' Pete!!!

Since we first met my friend, I've always thought of ye as a true gentleman of fortune and the sort that could keep a rabble a-rousing even in his sleep! Which is exactly what's needed (especialy with little to no sleep!! AGAIN!). Remember the lord loves a madman!! So he's got to be watching 'ore you me friend!!!

As for me own self, I thank ye for yer kind words! That jacket is what I figured me surgeon persona would fancy. Subtle and simple...

It goes without saying the tailor and the designer hit the mark! And as for the "Prickidy Stitcher"... He's sure to go down in history!

I simply can't forget you helping that poor (And Pretty) mother, by yelling for "Reiley" to get out of sand box!! That lad moved like the devil was on his arse!

It goes without saying, Aye! I had a great time and I'm sure that's just the start of the legenday times we're all going to have!

Here's to you, my friend and to the next time!

Rats

;) Lilly raises her tankard. "A Toast to All of you who were in my good Company at Bristol yesterday!"

PigandWhistleresize.jpg

Cap'n Pete, fear not...you pleased the Captain very much and your company is sought out if and when his ship ends up in these waters again. We do enjoy the antics of a happy crewe, and do not be embarrassed by what past in your mind...we, sir found pleasure in your best company.

The laughter, the antics, and drinking...I did not want the day to end! Please do not fret over the shackles, Cap'n. I would love to be able to use them at RF2. Just remember to bring them. If I do not wear them (and I am sure I will) they will be used as a display of items for our booth.

God Bless you, Cap'n Pete!

Member of "The Forsaken"

To the Crew of the Archangel and her gracious Captain,

You all look so SHARP!!! I'm so very proud of the "elves"!

Cap'n Pete, I'm jealous of you... B)

Kass

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

And here's to you my dear lady Kass, for the inspirational patternage to which our favorable works were based.

I will personally be forver grateful!

And also to our good captain, for having braved the hordes of faire nazis and leading our crew to a much more presentable level trechery.

My dear Mistress McKinney.... I hope your birthday weekend was one to be forever remember!

And if i may be so bold... LONG LIVE THE "PRICKITY STITCHER"!! B)

BTW: I love that pic of the proper usage of shackles..... Priceless!!

Rats

Kass... As I see these pictures and review the ones in my camera, I'm jealous of myself! I wish I could remember half of what happened yesterday!

...I did not want the day to end!

The day dragged before you arrived. While I caught three or four musical acts, and was certainly not bored, the first three hours of the day lasted forever.

Then you showed up, and I swear the next five hours were over in 15 minutes. Time flies when you're having fun? I fear humans were not supposed to have this degree of fun. Any more fun, and we would have actually started travelling backwards in time.

By the way, Rateye, thank you most kindly for not ever suggesting I attempt returning to the parking lot during the day. Naked chainmail lady aside (that was in another thread ... and I forgot to share that story with you), I had no desire to attempt park re-entry. Worked out rather well. In fact, I avoided Park Security like the plague.

Speaking of which -- why did neither of us think of getting a photo of the plague doctor guy? I could totally make one of those masks.... I guess I can do it from archival pictures... Oh! Look! here's one for sale!

plague_doctore_history.jpg

Yeah, this looks like a great Ren Faire costume:

physician.jpg

Please do not fret over the shackles, Cap'n. I would love to be able to use them at RF2. Just remember to bring them. If I do not wear them (and I am sure I will) they will be used as a display of items for our booth.

Will do. I would love to know what else you plan to display ... I would be more than happy to help augment your collection, if there is anything I have that would do it justice.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Please do not fret over the shackles, Cap'n. I would love to be able to use them at RF2. Just remember to bring them. If I do not wear them (and I am sure I will) they will be used as a display of items for our booth.

... especially since I am apparently already barred from entering that event, which will contain real uniformed Nazis.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

And here's to you my dear lady Kass, for the inspirational patternage to which our favorable works were based.

I will personally be forver grateful!

You're very welcome, good Doctor! I'm glad to see them put to so good a use!

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

See?  Good Lord, I look totally wasted in those portraits...

Ney Sir...you look 'blushingly' fine. You were in good humor that day, Cap'n Pete. Never have a found someone who is so constantly 'on' as you! I left the faire with both my sides hurting from laughing so hard!

Member of "The Forsaken"

... especially since I am apparently already barred from entering that event, which will contain real uniformed Nazis.

<_< What?! Come now, this is nothing but Tom Foolery! No one has said anything about you being barred from RF2?!

Please tell me that this is just a joke!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Dear Kass,

Thank you so much for your hard work and the endless hours of research in order for us to look so 'Ab Fab' this past weekend.

JRateyeCutterDreadnaughtresize.jpg

Rateye and Andrew March looked splendid in their attire

LtAndrewMarshresize.jpg

and well...(sigh) the Captain looked wonderful!!!

CaptainSterlingDreadnaughtresize.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"