Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnnyTarr -- we shall miss ye, but shall drink to your health in your absence. Let's see... one round to Johnny Tarr's health, another in thought of the absent Lady Barbossa, two more rounds have already been promised & accounted for other reasons.... at this rate, I'm not sure I will make it to noon!

Cheeky Actress: I wouldn't worry too much about what ye choose to wear. The overall theme for the Faire is "Where Fantasy Rules." I saw a guy there the other weekend wearing a Darth Vader costume. My son was mocking people who obviously only wanted an excuse to carry a sword ("Your Renaissance shirt doesn't go with those jeans and Nikes, dude.")[/i]

I myself will be dressed about 100 years inappropriately.... as mentioned earlier (elsewhere?) over two weekends at the Faire only one person questioned my anachronistic choice of garb -- and that was a food vendor whose booth was equipped with a deep fryer. Most people (and I mean quite a lot of them!) went out of there way to compliment me on what I was wearing. And if previous weekends are to be any clue, the place will be crawling with "pirates."

= = = = = = = =

As of right now, the weather forecast for Saturday calls for 40% chance of showers (with thunderstorms a possibility) and a high of 78F. The local weather guy (whose predictions I trust) says that any rain should end in the morning. The gates open at 10 AM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

LOL! Thanks for the words of encouragement about my attire. Fear not, I am not going to look too out of place. I do plan to go was a lower class wench (stays looking more late 1700s). Heck, if I were in better shape, I would wear my Pakistani belly-dancer outfit. (Which by the way is period correct). I know that belly-dancers are (were?) big down at the Texas Faires for a while.

It’s funny how some Ren Faires are snobby about their visitors (or as we use to call them up in Oswego, NY - “Playtrons,”) being dressed properly in period correct attire. Heck, it’s all about having fun isn’t it? So, let’s have a bit of fun!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aye neither Cheeks nor Rats should be hard to find... thanks to not getting kit done in time for them... they should both be part naked... :lol:

As for Skittles and the First Officer... hmmmm, haven't even gotten the fabric yet... :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

LOL! Thanks for the words of encouragement about my attire. Fear not, I am not going to look too out of place. I do plan to go was a lower class wench (stays looking more late 1700s). Heck, if I were in better shape, I would wear my Pakistani belly-dancer outfit. (Which by the way is period correct). I know that belly-dancers are (were?) big down at the Texas Faires for a while.

It’s funny how some Ren Faires are snobby about their visitors (or as we use to call them up in Oswego, NY - “Playtrons,”) being dressed properly in period correct attire. Heck, it’s all about having fun isn’t it? So, let’s have a bit of fun!

I can say on good authority, that belly dancers still flourish here in Tx. Though just because the title is belly dance, I truly wish some would not show so much of theirs. :lol: I am sure it has much to do with the heat here. Such adornments are much more tollorable in order to withstand the temps.

:lol:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

There is actually a belly-dancing demonstrstion/show at the Faire. Somewhat ironically, this is not on my "Must-See" list.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Sometimes those are "been there, done that" but I must admit there were two girls at the last pyrate feast in Maryland, that were very good...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Revised forecast: The rain has all moved past the area. Small chances for light scattered sprinkles remain (Ha! I scoff at thee!!). Temps between 78 to 83.

awesome.

'Tis Faire weather for a Faire day.

I'm on my way.....

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

CapnPetestrawflag.jpg

The Crewe of the Archangel Enjoyed a happy Saturday! With a slow start (delays with some of our crewe) we finally got in and had a lovely time. As you can see, here is our own Captain Pete Straw standing with the Archangel pennant.

Cap’n Pete, it was a pleasure meeting you and spending time with you today. Those in our group take our hats off to you for spending a bit of time in our company. Such a good-hearty fellow with cunning wit and gracious manners! I do hope to make Port Washington next year…(yup! Checked the dates for 2007) and plan to attend, hopefully with our good Captain Sterling in tow.

Speaking of which, Lady B., Johnny Tarr and Captain Sterling; we drank to your health and good fortune at the pub today. You all were missed very much.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Rateyewithdoc2.jpg

Here is our very own Cutter; J. ‘Rateye’ Reiley – Ship Surgeon. Happy son of a gun, ain’t he?

(Ah…yes, Captain Sterling…that’s your ‘legal’ works in his hand. Don’t think you’ll see that documentation any time soon!)

Member of "The Forsaken"

Rateyewithdoc2.jpg

(Ah…yes, Captain Sterling…that’s your ‘legal’ works in his hand. Don’t think you’ll see that documentation any time soon!)

Just so we're clear... that Letter of Marque is an extra I made specifically to show & give to Rateye... although it bears the name "Sterling."

...Captain Sterling, sounds like ye need to keep your quarters under better lock & key, eh?

I cannot hook my camera directly to the computer, so I went to the One Hour Photo place... in addition to the prints I want, they dumped my entire photo card onto a CD... making it possible to upload them to my Photobucket account. I need to go pick it up, but that means some of my pix will be posted soon... I think Cheeky Actress got better ones.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Archangelgang2.jpg

Lastly…this is are crewe….God Help Us…

Excluding the good Cap'n Pete.....God help you indeed.. ;) .. Stay tuned for the Reconstructing History Make Over!!!

Crewe of the Archangel

Rateyewithdoc2.jpg

(Ah…yes, Captain Sterling…that’s your ‘legal’ works in his hand.  Don’t think you’ll see that documentation any time soon!)

Just so we're clear... that Letter of Marque is an extra I made specifically to show & give to Rateye... although it bears the name "Sterling."

...Captain Sterling, sounds like ye need to keep your quarters under better lock & key, eh?

I cannot hook my camera directly to the computer, so I went to the One Hour Photo place... in addition to the prints I want, they dumped my entire photo card onto a CD... making it possible to upload them to my Photobucket account. I need to go pick it up, but that means some of my pix will be posted soon... I think Cheeky Actress got better ones.

**Sigh** can't trust the Actress, can't trust the surgeon now I see... Hopefully there is still Skittles...or at least Little Liz, I can tempt her with a duck ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

Rateyewithdoc2.jpg

(Ah…yes, Captain Sterling…that’s your ‘legal’ works in his hand.  Don’t think you’ll see that documentation any time soon!)

Oh Cap'n Pete.... REALLY Looking forward to whatever Blackmail prints you have... especially of Cheeks!!!! ;););)

Crewe of the Archangel

And to think they even made me go put me shoes on. Geuss they diddn't like (As Lilly said) my furry hobbit feet.

THEY ARN'T FURRY!

Should have stuck around Pete! We were besieged by a pair of shameless husseys... You would have loved the banter between our own Cheeky Actress and the "ladies" about proper usage of ones tongue and their advice toward our soon to be wed couple.

Needless to say, it was a blur and me feet are killing me! Should have stayed with a half size bigger!

I litterally had no sleep! Not a wink, that is until I took that nap in the afternoon... Then more beer!

I still think we should have bound and gagged the parking Nazi, when he came up whinning about eating in the parking lot!!

I actually just got back from going again...

Them harlots must have slolen that legal work while I was making the... I mean petting the cat. It's a long story.

Actually I went back and picked up another book Lilly had suggested and picked the brain of their surgeon, who has offered me some sites for study and has offered to send some more information and sources.

I'm actually wondering about the 4th (day after the work day/ meet)I actually have off that Sunday.....?

Should have been there captain! I have to say, we didn't really get crazy or nothing, but I really had a great tme with our bunch!

This weekend was over due and well deserved!

Rats

Should have stuck around Pete! We were besieged by a pair of shameless husseys... You would have loved the banter between our own Cheeky Actress and the "ladies" about proper usage of ones tongue and their advice toward our soon to be wed couple.

I'm actually wondering about the 4th (day after the work day/ meet)I actually have off that Sunday.....?

Should have been there captain! I have to say, we didn't really get crazy or nothing, but I really had a great tme with our bunch!

Rats

Aye I would have loved to have been there but then Cheeks wouldn't have been so "entertaining" ;) **sigh** Actresses! ;)

4th does sound tempting....

Crewe of the Archangel

I need to go pick it up, but that means some of my pix will be posted soon... I think Cheeky Actress got better ones.

Oh Cap'n Pete.... REALLY Looking forward to whatever Blackmail prints you have... especially of Cheeks!!!! ;):lol::lol:

Dearest Captain....

There are no BLACKMAIL photographs of myself. Oh Cap'n Pete...do tell him that I was a 'good girl'!

But Cap'n Pete, you did miss a bit of banter with the whores around 6 pm at the Turkey Leg booth. Very witty indeed!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Then there was the bit (or should I say bite) something about the importance in "the way a lady holds the meat as she bites it"???

And they did say the itch had gone away! Ah the wonders of modern medicine!

Rats

I need to go pick it up, but that means some of my pix will be posted soon... I think Cheeky Actress got better ones.

Oh Cap'n Pete.... REALLY Looking forward to whatever Blackmail prints you have... especially of Cheeks!!!! ;):lol:;)

Dearest Captain....

There are no BLACKMAIL photographs of myself. Oh Cap'n Pete...do tell him that I was a 'good girl'!

But Cap'n Pete, you did miss a bit of banter with the whores around 6 pm at the Turkey Leg booth. Very witty indeed!

Then there was the bit (or should I say bite) something about the importance in "the way a lady holds the meat as she bites it"???

some things never change... :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

And they did say the itch had gone away!

Then there was no need for the hook after all...

Alas, dear Captain Sterling, she speaks the truth. In all the excitement (as well as the stress dealing with Security) I completely neglected to obtain incriminating evidence of any kind. Perhaps more disappointing, I witnessed none that was not committed by myself.

(And Cheeky Actress seems to have displayed restraint in documenting the overly friendly drunk mom that was sitting in my saved seats at the Pig & Whistle. "Sleep in the middle" indeed.)

Believe me, I was sorry to leave, but I had to get back home to take my mother to dinner to celebrate her birthday. I know, my priorities are all screwed up. I barely made it through he dinner (and the two martinis....).

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Ah but pyrate or not, where would we all be without Mom! Hope her day was grand!

Crewe of the Archangel

Rats

Ney, Good gentle...'twas asked by the pale-faced wench to demonstrate to her how to, (clearing throat)..."Eat my Meat".

T'were a sight to see! I am surprised that you didn't choke to death as you sat across from me, Rateye!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Alas, dear Captain Sterling, she speaks the truth.  In all the excitement (as well as the stress dealing with Security) I completely neglected to obtain incriminating evidence of any kind.  Perhaps more disappointing, I witnessed none that was not committed by myself.

Pray Good Cap'n...is this the BLACKMAIL in which you speak?!

:huh:

Loverboyz2.jpg

Member of "The Forsaken"