Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

I subscribe to the local (Illinois/Wisconsin border) Renaissance Faire e-newsletter, and just received this anouncement concerning planned events:

"The summer of 2006 is not to be missed as the Bristol Renaissance Faire celebrates its 19th season in high seas fashion with all things nautical. Sea dogs and pirate wenches make ready as the Dreadnought, a 100-foot, triple masted privateering ship, sails for Bristol's port. Landlubbers and seafarers alike, now is the time to set your inner pirate free."

Good enough for me!

You can get details, maps, etc., etc. here.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooo.... You've grabbed my attention, Pete! Damn! Now I'll have t' start plannin' something for that, too!

Ooooh, what fun we all can have again!

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ooooooo.... You've grabbed my attention, Pete! Damn! Now I'll have t' start plannin' something for that, too!

Jeepers! I don't know how many trips to Wisconsin I can take in one summer (Port Washington, Green Bay and now Kenosha?) It sounds like a lot of fun, though. May be too good to pass up....

No particular "pirate weekend"? Any idea when we might all be able to get together for a raid?

:P:P

Amen there, Red Bess! Too much goin' on between May an' October.

Not sure how many times or how much treasure I'll have to make so many travels!

Not sure when, lass. I guess... we best start pondering an' puttin' in our 2 doubloons worth, eh? :)

An' true enough... a 3 masted vessel... it too good t' pass up!

:P

:lol::lol:

Oh how so adorable! Tis a pity I wasn't there t' see that! If not assist... or maybe ... be the competition!

:lol:

Splendid, Gabriel! Ditto.

Perhaps I'll visit on the weekend in conjunction with the Tall Ships fest at the Navy Pier. Wouldn't want to miss visitin' th' Royaliste in all th' world! :huh:

:ph34r:

I'm not sure when I can make it, but I think we better check with Hawks to see when he can be here..and maybe others too.

I'd love to see a big crew of pub patrons there.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Aye! I be with you, MerryD!

Would be grand t' see th' lot of seafarrin' scoundrels convergin' upon Bristol.

:o

They have a half price ticket pre-sale special (4 adult tickets minimum) on their website. Two of the tickets are, however, are for a "limited run" (the first few weeks of teh Faire). I have purchased mine already.

I intend to take the family, hopefully all decked out in pirate regalia, if I can get the sweatshop up and running. I have to go, as I have already paid for it. Let me know as you guys make plans, and I will post likely dates for me as the event draws closer.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

do not shoot your foot..

oh wait its just a camera.. well then shoot away!!

Not sure what to take pics of, but try to find a way to show size... bigger then a bread box if able.

Bilgemonkey... you rock!

and LadyB and Red Bess... I miss you both!

and Pete.. I miss you too but my aim is getting better.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Hah ha! Next time I shoot you, Merrydeath, I might not be using my camera...

Blgemunkey, you are aware, I hope, that you now must take at least one photo of your foot...

Regarding this summer's schedule, July 15 (Saturday) looks like it will be the best date for me to go to the Faire. Things may change, but this is the date that is marked on my calendar. This allows me to use the discount tickets (they expire July 23, and I have a Civil War Reenactment that weekend). I might be convinced in going a second time, should a large contingient of pirate be rumored to be descending upon the event...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Lots of pictures of the ship and various views of it, please. and details on it if you could. Ya lucky sea dog!

Miss ya, too, MerryD. We'll have so me fun soon enough.

B)

So B-Munky how was the tour?

I'm headed home (Milwaukee) this weekend for Easter and driving down to Chicago on Sunday. Can you see any of the ship from outside the gate?

Bristol is my personal favorite even though I work at Minnesota Ren Fest. I think that is because it was my first "taste" of a faire.

Aye, Jib, mine as well. I dragged my friends there every summer.

Then I actually got a job, when it was still "King Richard's Renaissance Faire," and worked there during the summers of 1978 & 1979 when I was, er... um... ten years before I was born.

Bilgemunkey! We want to see those pictures!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Bilgemunkey, you are aware, I hope, that you now must take at least one photo of your foot...

Bilgemunkey, you never disappoint us! Very awesome photos, mate. That ship is going to be quite the attraction! (Your foot, however, just looks like a foot.) I hope I get to see both (the ship and your foot) in person this summer. :lol:

Where be these images, Red Bess? I'm eager to see the Bristol ship. I can't guarantee I'll be at Bristol this year.

~Lady B

:lol:

You can see them from Bilgemunky's site.

http://www.bilgemunky.com

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's just you. You have to click the link for the "Dreadnought", then the one that says "See the pictures" (or something like that).

Great photos!

Nice foot! :o

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg