Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

Shame? Shame, eh?

Well, I will have you know that August 19 is already marked on my calendar!

This was my son's last weekend with me this summer, so he picked the Ren Faire from among several "Things To Do" choices. This was only an added weekend for me, not a replacement!

However, I already had (and continue to have) my sights on the Faire for the 19th. I plan to attend and will look you all up if I make it.

... a brief report on yesterday's festivities when I have a chance. But it only whetted my appetite for a THIRD visit this summer.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap'n Pete~

Lilly (Cheeky Actress) in her all too cryptic way said if you find the Pig something tavern that is nearest to the cigar/cigarello shop, they will be in either place most of the day... as well as a visit to the ship... eyes rolling... she's busy at the moment with visiting relatives but if, perhaps you were to post a meeting place and time that would be suitable to you, they'll find you... Honestly, don't give Lilly the map, and I honestly don't know if the rest of the crew can even read... B) but as long as there is food and smokes close together you'll be able to find them...

Remind them to pick up some thin Spanish cigars for the Captain or there will be hell to pay...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

It's the Pig and Whistle Tavern... I know it all too well. I found Saturday that the ENTIRE crowd entered the Faire in a clockwise fashion, while my son and I went counter-clockwise. Thus, that end of the Faire (including the Pig & Whistle) was utterly empty for about the first hour. It was a bit early to start drinking, however.

I plan on being largely around that area myself, but will assuredly catch the Japanese drummers featured that day. It would help to know when the various crew are planning to arrive.

I plan to be wearing my hook, thus I should not be too hard to find.

"Thin Spanish Cigars" noted.

You should have something else in your mailbox before long...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

It's the Pig and Whistle Tavern... I know it all too well. I found Saturday that the ENTIRE crowd entered the Faire in a clockwise fashion, while my son and I went counter-clockwise. Thus, that end of the Faire (including the Pig & Whistle) was utterly empty for about the first hour. It was a bit early to start drinking, however.

Hmmm you don't know my crew...its called breakfast... :huh:

I plan on being largely around that area myself, but will assuredly catch the Japanese drummers featured that day. It would help to know when the various crew are planning to arrive.

I can find that out for you without a problem...I believe they plan to be there as early as possible..

I plan to be wearing my hook, thus I should not be too hard to find.

Good to know and I'm sure Cheeks will print out yer portrait...

"Thin Spanish Cigars" noted.

You should have something else in your mailbox before long...

Ah ye are too kind good sir, eagerly I await said something! :huh::huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

we plan on hanging around the East end of the Faire (more or less around the Pig & Whistle Tavern) most of the day.

Hail Cap'n Pete!

'Tis true what Captain Sterling says! Myself ,along with several of his crew (we all live out here in the midwest - Parts of WI and IL) will be attending the Bistol Ren Faire August 19th. The Pig and Whistle is a favorite place for several of us. A good place to stop, listen to some music, partake in a bit of grog, grab a cigar and enjoy meeting new folks.

It would be a great please to meet up with you (and I do hope we have the pleasure). It's always a treat to meet those from the chat world. Haven't a clue on how we shaw discover one one another there...but I think I will manage something...(Look for a sign from God - GRIN).

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Remind them to pick up some thin Spanish cigars for the Captain or there will be hell to pay...

My Sweet Captain Sterling,

What flavor?! Rum soaked? Vanilla soaked? Please let your Pet know...so she can make her Boy happy!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Yes, that would be grand Johnny Tar, especially since I have been in arrears about replying to your last pm... my apologies!

And Darlin Lill, rum soaked if ye please...some for Sept2, and then Nov 4 and then RF2... yes I know I have to go outside to smoke for that... do let me know if there be any decent pipes as well, just broke the bowl of my latest one... again... <_<

Crewe of the Archangel

It would be a great please to meet up with you (and I do hope we have the pleasure). It's always a treat to meet those from the chat world. Haven't a clue on how we shaw discover one one another there...

Easy: I am 99.999% positive I will be the ONLY pirate there with a hook for a hand -- so after a short while, I will have established a path of people who have seen "that pirate with a hook for a hand." At present, I plan to arrive before the gates open (but we shall see), and a mandatory plan for me is to see an entire performance of Minstrels of Mayhem at the Pig & Whistle. I am quite confident we will meet (unless you plan on hiding).

If you have not seen me (here on the pub), I will be wearing virtually the identical garb pictured earlier in this thread.

I am also looking forward to meeting you and others from your crew!

Aug 19 might even be possible for me. Not to sure about that right now the loot from my last raid is starting to run thin.

Master Tarr, keep us posted. I will likely check this thread as late as the morning before I leave, so give us all a shout if it looks possible for you. In case you are not familiar with the layout, you turn RIGHT inside the gates to head toward the Pig & Whistle. Also, here is the map of the Bristol Renaissance Faire.

See you all there!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Thank-you Captain Straw. I am an old hand at the Bristol Ren Fair. I go back as far at King Richards Fair and I think I still got the pictures I took there. My usual route is to go left at the old front gate till I get to the corner. There is a bar right there at the top of a small rise and right behind that is a bakery (or at least was the last time I went). I have always stoped there to get a cinnimon (?) bun. From there it is to the stages. I have three cds of MoM and one of Molly and the Tinker. I always have fun when I go. I will know soon if I will make it or not so we all can just take over the Pig n' Whistle. It will be a shame that Bounding Main will not be playing that weekend though. If I do come watch out for my camera I get the best blackmail with it. <_<

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

If I do come watch out for my camera I get the best blackmail with it. <_<

Oi Lill, watch out indeed... no need for more pictures that set my teeth on edge! ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

do let me know if there be any decent pipes as well, just broke the bowl of my latest one... again...

:ph34r: (Giving him the look regarding his broken pipe)

This does not surprise me...very well...rum soaked for you, Sweet...

And I will see about the pipes.

Member of "The Forsaken"

do let me know if there be any decent pipes as well, just broke the bowl of my latest one... again...

:ph34r: (Giving him the look regarding his broken pipe)

This does not surprise me...very well...rum soaked for you, Sweet...

And I will see about the pipes.

Thanks Pet...

Crewe of the Archangel

...I am an old hand at the Bristol Ren Fair. I go back as far at King Richards Fair and I think I still got the pictures I took there....

Same here. I worked there (when it was KRRF) some 25 (or so) years ago. Still have the requisite employee badges.

And you reminded me: I have to dig out some photos of people who still work there -- I promised to bring them with me. I am pretty sure I know exactly where they are ... which is a rare thing for me to be able to say with confidence.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Well Cap'n Pete,

I, too, have a few years of Ren Faire under my belt. My claim to fame is the Sterling Summer Marketplace and Ren. Faire of Oswego, NY. I worked it for about 10 years before I moved here to the midwest. I truly miss the group of perfessional performers known as "Bless the Marque". God Love 'em!

I really miss them!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Can't believe I constantly miss out meeting the lot of ya! :(

Alas, I won't be able to make it to Bristol... variety of reasons.

::le sigh:: as always.. have a few drinks for me.

I keep praying that someday we'll meet. I'm trying not to be reclusive... I just am by twisted, evil quarks of Fate.

Welp... perhaps next year at Port Washington!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Can't believe I constantly miss out meeting the lot of ya! :(

I keep praying that someday we'll meet. I'm trying not to be reclusive... I just am by twisted, evil quarks of Fate.

~Lady B

Well there is still Reenactor Festival in Feb... maybe things will work out for that!

Crewe of the Archangel

Can't believe I constantly miss out meeting the lot of ya!  :(  

~Lady B

Well there is still Reenactor Festival in Feb... maybe things will work out for that!

Aye. Perhaps. If God and the Fates be willing. Depends upon how my schedule is in Feburary.

~Lady B

I doubt they have whiskey or rum there. They didn't last I was there. So.. since I know a couple places there had wine... then wine it be. I'm not much one for stout or other drinks. But.. if you wish and prefer... drink what you wish... just toast me, luvs! B) :)

And then afterwards plunder as many folks as ya can. Including one of the Lords with LOTS of jewels adorning his person! :lol:

~Lady B

LadyB, were ye aware they have a Black Pearl shop at the Faire? I have a picture of myself below their sign, but cannot recall if I posted it somewhere in the Pub, or on the FG site.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

LadyB, were ye aware they have a Black Pearl shop at the Faire? I have a picture of myself below their sign, but cannot recall if I posted it somewhere in the Pub, or on the FG site.

Yup. :)

I had done the same (picture taken infront of the store) when I was there a couple years ago.

If ya notice those earrings I wear (hemetite, silver and black pearl)... It was at that Black Pearl store that I bought them at. I couldn't pass them up!

Commandeer the Dreadnaught in my name. Tell Mr Breza hello and I do hope he makes it to Port Washington '07.

~Lady B

B)

I am very disapointed in my last haul. It shall cost me more in repairs, and paying the crew than I almost managed to capture. So it seems that I will not be able to make it for this weekend. I must find cheeper entertainment or go back out to sea. I will miss meeting you all. I hope to be able to goto Bristol for Labor Day weekend.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

I hit Bristol Faire on the first weekend of August and had a great time. I enjoyed the Dreadnaught but it might not be for everyone. It was small and short and at the cost of $5.00 a person. For some folks the period ship might be avoided and beverage purchased in replace of it.

The grouonds looked great and the streets looked active with characters from the 1500's. This faire also has unique fantasy characters like a living statue and assorted elemental fey.

My only 2 complaints involved the the drum jam (when did it become standard to yell and scream in drum jam? I think this was just the patrons but you never know) and Little John as he complained about the large numbers of pirates when he walked by (Hey John, didn't you notice that Bristol is even marketing a pirate theme? Stupid Maggot Pie Merry Man!)

JohnnyTarr,

Sorry to hear that we will miss the chance of meeting you this weekend. I plan to bring lots of film and promise to share a few 'choice shots' with those here.

As for my dress...not sure yet. I've done 1580s before and now I need to know if my Faire kit still fits! It's been a few years.

And dear Jib,

Thank you for your 'insight' on some of those certain elements of the faire that might spoil the feeling of the event.

But I am sure that this happens at every Faire. Once you add good drink to any faire event you are bound to end up with something 'strange' happening. I have quite a few tales regarding this...if only I had the time!

Member of "The Forsaken"