Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheeky, darling. It's obvious that the sun was in your eyes. We all know you are gorgeous!

Thank you all for your kind words. I live but to serve...

Kass

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

:o What?! Come now, this is nothing but Tom Foolery! No one has said anything about you being barred from RF2?!

Please tell me that this is just a joke!

I distinctly recall these very words being spoken by you... as the cat was in possession of the Captain's tongue. I forget the exact context...

Never fear, for I am working on a Letter of Marque to grant myself save passage past the front gates of the event.... :lol:

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Kudos to all involved. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Sounds like it was a good event.

Definately, the Archangel has some of the best looking pirates i have seen.

Greg

aka

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I distinctly recall these very words being spoken by you... as the cat was in possession of the Captain's tongue. I forget the exact context...

Lilly still looking a bit flustered and still fretting....

You must have misunderstood me, Sweet Sir. I do apologize for the misunderstanding....perhaps it was the drink that made you falter in what you heard...and the excitement of the day, mayhap?

Again...you and yours have passage...

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Now, seriously. I believe it was in response to something terribly inappropriate, bawdy or over-assuming I said in jest. You and/or the Captain stated that, in this case, I must not be allowed to attend RF2.

At the time, it was all quite hilariously funny. Now I wish I could remember the context. I thought YOU would remember, and laugh when I reminded you. But now it's all gone terribly downhill.... :lol:

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Damn me eyes, such a fine looking crew and sailing so close to my own home port even. Yer gown is amazing Madame Actress. Might I enquire as to the fabric. 'Tis most beautiful.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

At the time, it was all quite hilariously funny. Now I wish I could remember the context. I thought YOU would remember, and laugh when I reminded you. But now it's all gone terribly downhill.... :blink:

:blink: Looking somewhat relieved she smiles.

"Well, in the state that we were all in (lack of sleep was my problem, mind you) I am surprised I can remember much of anything that day. But I did laugh a lot and had a grand time of it! I've even come up with a nick-name (like you need one?!) for you....Shackles!

Member of "The Forsaken"

AI cannot begin to sing praises strong enough for the captain and crew of the Archangel. A finer band of pirates? I think not.

I thought it was fun walking around with the lot of you a couple of weeks ago... But when I saw this crew of superbly-adorned and accoutered pirates approaching the Pig & Whistle Pub... words fail me. I thought the captain's recent words and threats against the sewing elves were all bluster and smoke -- but the results.... Oh, the results.

Captain Sterling, sir, you have a presence about you... I remain impressed and, again, words fail me.

Ratseye... Mister March... your new finery is to die for. I am still processing in my mind what you wore. I remain very, very impressed.

Rats, I would not have imagine that anything so understated could look so incredibly perfect. What you wore was almost identical to the vision of what I had wanted to make several years ago, which was the driving force behind my creating a pirate outfit in the first place. I am now rethinking everything I have done...

Skittles, I still remain dumbfounded by your button-making (weaving?) skills. Cheeky... I already ran out of words long ago.

People, it was an honor to be in your company for the day. Sadly, the party had started before ye arrived, I was already two (out of three) sheets to the wind, and was certainly not at my finest by the time ye all showed up (I was possessed by the Spirit of the Faire before ye got there!). But if I embarrassed myself, I hope ye got some good pictures out of the process. I cannot readily call to mind a more enjoyable day spent with people who were not immediate family members.

Captain Sterling,I remain a faithful member of another ship already, but if your crew ever musters at an event, and ye would be willing to press into service this lowly volunteer, barring any other conflicts, I would be honored to be in your company again. Ye have only to say the word.

Cheeky, I am angered at myself... did ye forget, or choose not to press me? You asked about borrowing my shackles and I said yes... but when we got to the car I was mostly concerned about securing my gear, and forgot what we had discussed. They are still yours to borrow, but now they are back in my hands, which may no longer be convenient for you. The promise stands, however, and we simply have to work out logistics. If it is for RF2 (for instance) it can be easily arranged. If ye had something sooner in mind, perhaps Mister March can act as courier (I plan to see him at the Minooka reeanctment). Again, just say the word.

And I have run out of words. I am still processing the events of yesterday. Damn, I had a great time, and I thank each and every one of you.

Good Cap'n Pete!

Twas a grand time had by all and twas a pleasure to finally meet you. I must apologize for the lack of voice that day, unfortunately it seems to happen quite often, but I am blessed with a crewe that is more than happy to jump in and carry on for me. :D

So me lads clean up right nicely fer Sundays do they not? Worked hard they did to do so, I might add. And though I will sound most biased, tis the truth I speak when I say, a finer group of people CANNOT be found on the seven seas nor dry land. They are the best at what they do, including and foremost, being friends ye can always trust yer back to.

And you Sir, only added to the enjoyment of being in such fine company. You are a rare treat, playing off the crowd so well and bringing extra sparkle to all the day's fun. I wish I could have been in fine voice, there are many questions I wished to ask you, instead of having to go through the actress on many occassions...I do hope things will be different in that regard come RF2. I am glad you can join up with us then again. It will surely be a time to remember! As for Cheeky posting yer portrait by the front gate as the person to bar, she was only jesting. I will drag ye in personally if need be or better yet send the Empress after ye. She is a marvel at such things, she always has my ear on any subject, usually clamped tightly betwix her thumb and forefinger...

I have pmed ye with a few items that myself and The Archangel crewe would like to have you seriously consider. We do hope ye will consent to our request.

Again, Sir, twas an honour to meet ye and finally shake yer hand and to spend the day was a blessing indeed!!

As fer me presence, kind sir, must have been that haze of smoke from too many Spanish cigars :D .

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

PigandWhistleresize.jpg

Cap'n Pete, fear not...you pleased the Captain very much and your company is sought out if and when his ship ends up in these waters again.  We do enjoy the antics of a happy crewe, and do not be embarrassed by what past in your mind...we, sir found pleasure in your best company.

Aye tis true indeed. Fine words Mistress McKinney and now that I am back "in voice" Cap'n Pete I certainly want ye to know ye were the very best of company!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Kudos to all involved. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Sounds like it was a good event.

Definately, the Archangel has some of the best looking pirates i have seen.

Greg

aka

GoF

Thanks GOF!

Tis truly high praise indeed coming from such a devoted researcher as yerself. Thanks to folks like you, Kass, Foxe and Blackjohn, we manage to do what we do, as well as we do it. So give yerself a pat on the back for me!! Hey could you consider flying into the States for RF2?

Crewe of the Archangel

Damn me eyes, such a fine looking crew and sailing so close to my own home port even. Yer gown is amazing Madame Actress. Might I enquire as to the fabric. 'Tis most beautiful.

:D

Good Day to thee, CrazyCholeBlack. I see that we are neighbors here in WI! I cannot take any credit for the lovely gown I wore last Sunday.

'Twas the Captain's doing. He has the most wonderous eye for finery! The gown is made out of several types of silk. I know that the green has a lovely textured brocade with a nice silver thread running through it. The petticoat is a simple pink silk.

Seeing that you are so close to the Midwest area, CrazyChole...are you thinking of attending the Reenactor Fest II this February? We'd love to see more of your group there!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ye all bring tears to the eyes of this humble novice...

"Shackles," eh? I can live with that. Kind of beats "Peaches." Or, did we not discuss "Peaches?" Please forget I said anything about it.

Thank you (all!) for the assorted PMs I received...

Regarding out-of-state events, I will seriously consider them. I fear that my four consecutive weekends (this month) of pirate and/or Civil War events, as well as the probability of a work-related trip to Egypt & Jordan in December leaves me rather weak in the Leverage Department at the present time to lobby the Missus (typically so generous in this area) for an out-of-state pirate event. Making the commitment now for advance tickets, for instance, may not be a possibility. We Shall See.

RF2, however, is a Must-Do. Based on previous discussion (above), last night I was considering creating an antique-looking "Wanted" poster with a fake woodcut of my own grim visage (with some trumped-up charges) for your ease in posting at the gates to keep me out. I'll even bring my own shackles to make the job of capture that much easier.

...tis the truth I speak when I say, a finer group of people CANNOT be found on the seven seas nor dry land. They are the best at what they do, including and foremost, being friends ye can always trust yer back to.

Them's drinking words -- :D I wholeheartedly agree.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Seeing that you are so close to the Midwest area, CrazyChole...are you thinking of attending the Reenactor Fest II this February?  We'd love to see more of your group there!

Forgive me Madame Actress, I am but now getting my sea legs & have not heard of this event. Where might I find more of the, surely much coveted information?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Forgive me Madame Actress, I am but now getting my sea legs & have not heard of this event. Where might I find more of the, surely much coveted information?

Lilly stands there slack-jawed and amazed.

"Dear God in Heaven! I cannot believe that you have not heard of our wonderous event!"

She quickly runs over to Captain Sterlings writing desk and proceeds to toss paper and parchment into the air. "I know I have it here...somewhere...where the bloody....HERE IT IS!" She shouts and hands the link over to CrazyCholeBlack.

"Feast yer eyes upon this!"

http://www.reenactorfest.com

Member of "The Forsaken"

::Stunned silence::

Upon regaining composure Crazy Chole begins to grin in the manor that earned her the name.

"Twill take a storm of immense proportions to keep me away!" she stammers before racing off to begin planning.

She quickly runs over to Captain Sterlings writing desk and proceeds to toss paper and parchment into the air. "I know I have it here...somewhere...where the bloody....HERE IT IS!" She shouts and hands the link over to CrazyCholeBlack.

"Feast yer eyes upon this!"

http://www.reenactorfest.com

Sterling enters his cabin and sees all his hard work scattered about, blowing to the four corners of the globe.... "Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!! LILLIAN, WHAT THE BLOODY FU...." Symms quickly puts his hands over the captain's mouth...

Crewe of the Archangel

as well as the probability of a work-related trip to Egypt & Jordan in December leaves me rather weak in the Leverage Department RF2, however, is a Must-Do. Based on previous discussion (above), last night . I'll even bring my own shackles to make the job of capture that much easier.
...tis the truth I speak when I say, a finer group of people CANNOT be found on the seven seas nor dry land. They are the best at what they do, including and foremost, being friends ye can always trust yer back to.

Them's drinking words -- :ph34r: I wholeheartedly agree.

as well as the probability of a work-related trip to Egypt & Jordan in December

Do be careful if ye go!

I was considering creating an antique-looking "Wanted" poster with a fake woodcut of my own grim visage (with some trumped-up charges) for your ease in posting at the gates to keep me out

this would be a great idea...

Crewe of the Archangel

'Twas the Captain's doing. He has the most wonderous eye for finery!

Sterling looking over at the Actress..."That just doesn't sound right... at all..."

Crewe of the Archangel

Sterling enters his cabin and sees all his hard work scattered about, blowing to the four corners of the globe.... "Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!! LILLIAN, WHAT THE BLOODY FU...." Symms quickly puts his hands over the captain's mouth...

Isn't that what Symms is for Captain? Tess says with a smile.

Sterling enters his cabin and sees all his hard work scattered about, blowing to the four corners of the globe....  "Oh... MY... GOD!!!!!!!  LILLIAN, WHAT THE BLOODY FU...."  Symms quickly puts his hands over the captain's mouth...

Isn't that what Symms is for Captain? Tess says with a smile.

"Nay, that is one task Mr. Symms has taken upon himself to overlook," Sterling mutters...

Crewe of the Archangel