Pirates at Bristol Renaissance Faire!

Cap'n Pete Straw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank ye my dear!

I have to admit, though I favor myself as the very best of riff-raff, the gents I manage have been especially unpleasant and quite.... Dangerous :o

I am simply looking forward the next raid or at the very least RF2! :o

But I thank ye again!

Rats!

Rats,

September 11 is the one day -- if no other -- that all Americans should have a might more respect for people in your profession.

I will raise my tankard to yer health -- and mental health -- this evening.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Decisions, decisions...

9-10-2006-237.jpg

"No, Captain... I am pretty sure the trigger guard is supposed to be UP..."

9-10-2006-241.jpg

"You don't need a bottle opener Bartender -- I can get it from here."

9-10-2006-239.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I thank you all for the kind words.

When I was a young man, I thought it was all about "making" people respect me, and doing what was right. Because I thought everything was clear cut, right and wrong.

Now I realize the world is much bigger and sometime worse place. But things are far from clear cut. It's also about allowing people their dignity AND showing respect, while TRYING to do what's right. Then if you can manage to hold on to some honor and self respect, AND go home in one piece, you can look forward to your next shift.

I also realize that I'm not just doing this for myself anymore. There's a much bigger picture. It's about doing what ever it takes to ensure your partners (your crew) go home in one piece....

I geuss that's why ol' Rats is as loyal as he is. Anything for yer crew right?? :)

So I thank you all again, because truthfully you all are also the reason why I do the job... So you all don't have to! ;)

Now how about those pics!!! ;)

I can't believe those came from a little digital camera!!!

As a shooter, it's so great to actually be in the shots!!

Here's to ya Capn' Pete!! ;)

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Wow!

I can't tell you how happy I am to see these kinds of pictures. The crew of the Archangel is really moving the bar up by several notches!

Since I am not familiar with who is who, could you post the names of the members (or PM me?)

Thanks

Greg aka GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

9-10-2006-220.jpg

Allow me.

From Left to Right (because that's the way these things are typically done)...

(1) Pete Straw (application as Ship's Pilot/Navigator pending...)

(2) Jacob Reiley (aka "Rateye"), the Ship's surgeon

(3) Young Miss Lizzie (who seems to know no fear)

(4) "Skittles," the Norwegian bride of Mr. March, who serves onboard as seamstress, laundress, and cook to the ship's officers

(5) Andrew March, first lieutenant

(6) The famous london actress Lilly McKinney ("Cheeky Actress")

(7) Captain J H Sterling.

... I hope I got these right, but I expect the Captain or other crew regulars will correct me if I get something wrong.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Can I also add here.... If I am ever posing again in a photo, can someone please just whisper to me: "Box your feet!" I would like to call your attention to the photo-perfect foot placement of Capt. Sterling and Rateye... while Lt. March and Mr. Straw have the stance of a couple of Civil War reeanactors.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Contrapposto is the word of the day, Mister Straw, but that particular pose has become such a token look for you. Your own signature style.

The knuckles of one hand placed high above the hip with the elbow turned out sharply. The chin, always raised slightly. One foot turned smartly outward, with the other in parade formation, falling in behind. The tankard raised, neither too high, nor to low, as if in pause or regard.

Don't knock it. You have a token look, and a fine outfit to boot I might add. Aye. The Archangel crew is looking very grand indeed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Rats got the lady! Rats got the lady!

I'm actually putting this out there, just cuz I already have me schedule for next year, and it looks like I have off the 1st 2nd and 3rd of Sept. Which means any and if needed all three of those days work for another raid on the Port of Bristol! Seeing that that's the last weekend each year, we should make it a "traditional raid"! :lol:

When does Bristol start??

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

(1) Pete Straw (application as Ship's Pilot/Navigator pending...)

(2) Jacob Reiley (aka "Rateye"), the Ship's surgeon

(3) Young Miss Lizzie (who seems to know no fear)

(4) "Skittles," the Norwegian bride of Mr. March, who serves onboard as seamstress, laundress, and cook to the ship's officers

(5) Andrew March, first lieutenant

(6) The famous london actress Lilly McKinney ("Cheeky Actress")

(7) Captain J H Sterling.

... I hope I got these right, but I expect the Captain or other crew regulars will correct me if I get something wrong.

:lol:

Oh Cap'n Pete! These are wonderous! And, if I may add...you have everyone's name and occupation/service correct! Not bad for a man who was 'feeling no pain' that day! :lol:

We might wish to give the title of 'fetcher' to Lizzy. She made a day of it, as you said, collecting "EVERYTHING" under the sun.

Everyone looks happy...and it was a great day. We'll keep that one as a bench mark...and we'll strive for better...that's for sure.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

No, young Mistress March is our "Naturalist" as she is into collecting all sorts of things both flaura and fauna.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

No, young Mistress March is our "Naturalist" as she is into collecting all sorts of things both flaura and fauna.

... and mineral.

... and textile.

... and... what the hell is that??

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

You are all such a handome lot, but...doesn't Mr. March ever smile? He always looks so intense.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You are all such a handome lot, but...doesn't Mr. March ever smile? He always looks so intense.

He is intense! And when he slips into his character, he's hard to budge out of it.... Since he acts as the captain's "bodyguard/blindside protector" he has a tendency to be "always on his guard" keeping an eye out for those that approach the captain or helping the captain when necessary. You see, being blind in one eye, causes one to lose their depth preception, judging actual distances can be a real nightmare, and although I do well enough, Mr. March is always a welcome addition when getting through the day

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

He is intense! And when he slips into his character, he's hard to budge out of it.... Since he acts as the captain's "bodyguard/blindside protector" he has a tendency to be "always on his guard" keeping an eye out for those that approach the captain or helping the captain when necessary. You see, being blind in one eye, causes one to lose their depth preception, judging actual distances can be a real nightmare, and although I do well enough, Mr. March is always a welcome addition when getting through the day

I thought he had that "bodyguard" glare! :lol:

And I stand chastised. As your first mate and back-guarder, he must be on duty 24/7. A daunting, yet commendable job, to be sure. My compliments to Mr. March. May he continue to keep any hurt from the good Captain.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

The main thing the good man protects me from is setting my wig or nose on fire when lighting cigars or my pipe! ;):lol: Like I said judging distance can be a real b***h!

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...
B) Well, at least there is the November event, Rats! I understand fox tails at that event are optional!

Oh, I get to be a Too-Chuck Woman! (Pensic reference for those who don't know)

What November event??

Crewe of the Archangel