Who's gonna be a pirate this halloween?!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye must be jokin'. An easier question would be who AIN'T wearin' the official garb o' this here pub. As a member of a minority of Captains of the female persuasion, I can't imagine not showin' me true colors when I has the opportunity. :(

Well, I suppose if I *had* to be different this Halloween, just to cause a fuss, I could resurrect my Frodo costume and just blow a hole in my attendance at this forum... :(

Well, I suppose if I *had* to be different this Halloween, just to cause a fuss, I could resurrect my Frodo costume and just blow a hole in my attendance at this forum... :(

...rightly followed by me as Lucius Malfoy, which would make it all roll downhill from there.....

:(

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Oh, and RumbaRue, I just saw your post for the Little Red Riding Hood costume. Just thought I'd let you know that my honey (Bob the Swab) and I beat out another Little Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf at a costume contest last year. She had a really shiny PVC costume, and he had a mask (ordinary mask = boring). Although I was really glad to see other folks getting into Halloween, I never like the idea of just throwing on a mask for a costume.

I wore a (homemade) light blue fleece dress with a little white apron, a red velvet cape and hood, white tights, black patent Mary Jane shoes and carried a basket. My honey wore old overalls, a t-shirt that said "Party Animal" and had prosthetics all over his face.

If you do find that Big Bad Wolf, tell him to get a wolf mask and cut the face out of it. This lets you use just the hairy part and the ears. Plus, you don't have to inhale vinyl all night long.

My honey used spirit gum to attach the partial mask to his face. He also used an eyebrow/nose prosthetic, which made him look pretty creepy. He kept his goatee and I painted his entire face black, brown and gray to match the mask. He looked awesome! As soon as we walked into the place, the crowd cheered. It was fun!

;)

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

...rightly followed by me as Lucius Malfoy, which would make it all roll downhill from there.....

;) Well, at least Lucius has the soul of a pirate. What a collision of worlds that'd be, eh?

Somewhere in here I've said once before Jack makes an excellent Slytherin....

*giggle!*

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Jack as a Slytherin? I dunno abou' that one. Ambitious? Maybe. Mean? Sometimes. Malicious? Absolutely not. Jack'd have 'is own House, methinks. ^^

I'd've dug out my Gryffindor student costume this year, but I was already wearin' it LAS' year on Hall'ween. I don' think Lucius'd be too happy with a Gryffindor walking 'round. ^^

Captain Wolfy Wench

Jack as a Slytherin? I dunno abou' that one. Ambitious? Maybe. Mean? Sometimes. Malicious? Absolutely not. Jack'd have 'is own House, methinks.

So long as he isn't Sparklypoo.

*ducks!*

All right ye' swabbies.... answer me this-

Halloween is a Friday. How many o' ye are pirate enough to wear yer pirate garb at work, eh?!!!

Me, I wear mine, Saber wears his and I encourage the instructors and students to come as pirates also. We hang up jolly rogers in the hallway outside the class rooms and pirate the class for a day. Hmmmm, maybe I'll even bring Jeff this year!! Then out for the evenings festivities!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

i am, i am!!!

luckly i work at a very cool and relaxed animal hopspital. eveyone dresses up.

of course...they EXPECT me to wear me pirate garb!

[i'll have to loosen me bodice as not to distract]

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Halloween is a Friday. How many o' ye are pirate enough to wear yer pirate garb at work, eh?!!!

Not ONLY am I wearing mine to work, I've gotten at least two other employees to join me! AND I get to wear it to this charity fair hosted by a huge local business. Nuthin' like drumming up business, dressed as a pirate!

Arrrr, the non-profit, profiteering pirate.

Errr. I suppose that made no sense at all...

I was gett'n all me pirate garb ready when several friends called so see if'n i could help them get their's together. The question should be ...How many are going as pirate's this year? I think we will have a total of 6...can anyone top that?

I know I'll be a pirate... halfway done with my costume now. I'll have pix taken of me in my fine attire. Rather .... dark & wicked I do hope. :ph34r:

I'm swooned with the idea of a gent who will be at the Renfest in NC this weekend, joining another gent. I'm sure both shall be very familiar. Keep yer eyes wide open, ladies & gents. :ph34r:

Huzzah!

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye, I surely be dressin' as a Pirate this year. Me mate and I were goin' t' walk around Pioneer Square or somethin', with a sack o' loot (candy) fer the young-uns... this, o'course, because I can't seem t' locate a good Halloween Party in the Seattle area.

Anyone have word of a good Puget Sound party?

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

Pirate for halloween?! Of course! I can't wait. And the few new friends i've met this semester at school can't wait to see me in my garb. It's fun dressing up for halloween and going to school (college) or work. Last year I was one of the very few who actually dressed up and had fun with it. I was a mad scientist/professor. Played out me charactor all day. Hair stickin' straight up, lab coat and evil laughter. Not at all (thank God) like the girls who all they did was toss on a cowboy hat and were rodeo ho's. How is that a costume? Thats how they dress every day! And here's something I don't get... It will be 60 degrees and they are half naked. Why? Don't they realize that huddling, hunched and shivering completely ruins the sexy look they were going for? Seems like a lack of common sense to me. But enough of my ranting. I'm done.... for now.

~MG~