Who's gonna be a pirate this halloween?!!!

Wow Captain Vale.. your costume is awesome!! The costume I wore I made myself .. and just like the one from the movie. I wish I could have competed in it at the Don Cesar .. my usual spot. I have one different prizes there a couple of times. But had to work...

Hey Captain Vale are you going to the Pirates in Paradise event this year??

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a pirate this year, too. I was officially supposed to be Anne Bonny, but I definitely went for a more Captain Jack Sparrow-esque look -- the red bandana, the hair beads (I was *very* proud of the hair beads), the mascara 'round the eyes. :) It was great fun.

I went to my college classes in costume on Halloween (and got bonus points from my history prof for doing so -- thanks, Prof Dave, you're the coolest) and also attended my very first college party that evening . . . it was pirate-themed! Right down to the (non-alcoholic) grog and "cannon-ball-apple-dumplings" . . . it was delightful. We talked pirates, we quoted "Pirates of the Caribbean," we listened to sea shanties and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack -- and wrapped up the night, for some inexplicable reason, watching a DVD of the English comedian Eddie Izzard. (We figured, Hey, Eddie Izzard is _British_, and a lot of _pirates_ during the Golden Age of Piracy were British, sooo . . . yeah.)

So it was great. Best of all -- I am actually dressing up in a modified version of my costume for my senior yearbook photo. Yes, this is actually happening. No head scarf, caked black mascara, or plastic sword -- but the wenchy Renaissance blouse, pirate doubloon necklace, sash, and vest will remain . . .

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)