Who's gonna be a pirate this halloween?!!!

Not at all (thank God) like the girls who all they did was toss on a cowboy hat and were rodeo ho's. How is that a costume? Thats how they dress every day! And here's something I don't get... It will be 60 degrees and they are half naked. Why? Don't they realize that huddling, hunched and shivering completely ruins the sexy look they were going for? Seems like a lack of common sense to me.
Aye! 'ften wonder'd meself at the brains of such foolishness. Ha! And them shoes they be wearin', how do ye board a ship, without landin' on the arse? :huh:

Captain of The Morrighan.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And them shoes they be wearin', how do ye board a ship, without landin' on the arse?  :(

I'll admit, there are some shoes that really add that sexy flair. But honestly, I won't even wear them anymore unless I'm going out for a nice dinner with me captain. No sir! Now it's gym shoes or really comfy loafer shoes. Age and many-a-painful younger years has taught me well. Dressing up is nice to do, but if I don't have to.. It's all about comfort for me! :(

~MG~

Kuthroat Kim, I've send you an email with a tad of info in it. Hopefully you received it. If not, the pattern McCall's #2258 is colonial style garb. Jacket, vest, britches, shirt and even a tricorn hat are included in it. Good Luck, and email me if you have further questions. I'll try to help.

Oh of COURSE we're gonna be an entire pirate household with the kids and everything! MIght find an eyepatch for me cat, too! Gonna fly the Jolly Roger off me deck, if it ain't rainin' (Portland Oregon? Rain? Good freaking luck...)

I'm with you. The whole family be pirates for the party we had last night. But the Santa Ana's be a blowin last night and me Jolly Roger was torn from me mast. Also, Me giant inflatable Jack o Lantern, complete with new eye patch and bandana, did not fair well either.

Our "ships" also took a beating. The Black Pearl withstood the winds, but alas the smaller Interceptor's main was torn to shreds. I'm a planning on re-rigging in time for a presentation out in the front for Halloween night. That did not stop the boys from an epic sea battle.

But alas, all is not loss. As tommorrow will be a good day for a sail on the land locked Lake Pleasant. Me first "lab" for sailing class. :)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Avast, I wantin to add an excellent costume seen at me party last night. Me good mate came was Roy Horn of Seigfreed and Roy. It be a bit gruesome with a wound at his neck and a white stuffed tiger toy from Toys r Us all covered in blood. It be one of those costumes that may be a wee bit over the line, but it clearly was a hit.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Avast, I wantin to add an excellent costume seen at me party last night.  Me good mate came was Roy Horn of Seigfreed and Roy.  It be a bit gruesome with a wound at his neck and a white stuffed tiger toy from Toys r Us all covered in blood. 

Har! What a deliciously tw'sted costume. :ph34r: Thar be sum huevos!

Aye...that too...thou theyst not be as good cooked with a wee bit of butter and garlic. ;)

Mmmmm, that sounds good. I think some huevos for breakfast are in order this morning.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I think you be meaning cajones, not huevos.

Just to be pedantic...

...cajones and huevos are both terms for the same thing.

"Huevos" (eggs) is just another way of putting it...

This totally useless bit of trivia is brought to you by the letter C...

------

Bein' a pirate at work today...all our potlucks fall on Tuesdays, so there you have it. Just got to threaten my officemate with me flintlock.

Life is good.

Just to be pedantic...

...cajones and huevos are both terms for the same thing.

"Huevos" (eggs) is just another way of putting it...

This totally useless bit of trivia is brought to you by the letter C...

I think you be meaning cajones, not huevos.

Ohhhh by The Twisted Shank o' Johnny Corkscrew....Who knew a simple colloquialism about the boys downstairs could generate such rhetoric.

'Course...now my question is...who is dressing up as a huevo pirate fer halloween? :D

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

We began preparations at work this morning-

Two pirate flags be a-hangin' in the hallway and signs saying "Silicon Valley College prepare to be boarded!" and "Ye have been warned!" hang from the walls. I be recruitin' students to come dressed as pirates too... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I'd really like to be thinking about halloween righ now but a few work related things have me preoccupied. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to think about halloween.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I hope ev'ryone had fun on Hallowe'en, becuase I know I sure as hell did! Everyone loved me costume and they knew what it was, arr. I won third place at me school's costume contest, but it's all a popularity contest anyway, and I be not so popular among the kiddies there. I am a senior, though, an' they respect that, I think.

Anyway, I had a grea' time, and it was definetly the year of the pirate. How many people saw other pirates on the day? I saw a bunch of the cheap costumes from party stores, but there were also three kids in me grade who were good pirates that made their own costumes! Took a pic of them, I did, an' was very happy wif that. Heh.

Captain Wolfy Wench

I was a pirate all weekend... I had to do a promotion for my work and we had a huge festival.... so they asked me to be Elizabeth Swan .. I will have pics when I get them....

It was kind of tough wearing that corset for 9 hours under a tapestry dress lol. But truly beautiful.

Gabriella

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

PS

I saw a miniature Captain Hook and went crazy and had to get my picture with him... he was about 2 years old.. but his costume was so authentic... dark wig and all...he was too adorable in his red velvet waist coat!!

Yes it is definately the year of the Pirate... all though I think this is going to keep going into the next year with the new Peter Pan movie coming out and the 100 years Gasparilla Celebration in February. And living in Florida is a nice perk tooo.. Pirates seem to never go out of style!!

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Aye.. tis the Year of the pirates! With Treasure Planet kicking it off, to PotC, Master & Commander, Jason Isaacs as Hook in Peter Pan (Dear god help me! ;) )... & I suppose one could include Survivor Pearl Islands... if one wanted to.

I dressed up as a pirate, made my own costume. Had a lot of compliments, a few people take pictures of me. Unable to go to any contests anywhere, working the whole time. Had a Halloween event open to the public on Thursday night, wore the costume then. Then wore it all day & night Friday as I worked more than 14 hours... in a manner of speaking... however, I did plunder some candy, threaten a tavern wench, get some root beer in place of rum... & was gracefully 'given' a silver spoon! LOL... was a hoot & a riot! ;) I would have enjoyed going to the mall where a friend stated that if I were able to go I would have won a $500 gift certificate hands down! No competition... but.. alas,.. working. A pirate has to gain money somehow, be it honestly or dishonestly. ;);)

Hopefully, I will have pix of meself soon.

Huzzah!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!