Who's gonna be a pirate this halloween?!!!

Well gosh, it seems that my idea for little red riding hood has gone out the window....well, now, with me handy scissors, needle and thread, a chop here a cut there, a bingo, I just turned it into Little Pirate Red Riding Hood, oh yea gotta have the fishnet stockings! Hmmmm, gotta push the 'girls' up a little higher for the right look (pushing boobs up in tight bodice).

Now who wants to be the big bad wolf? :angry:

RumbaRue

** :D **

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do 'ave a beautiful coffin for the front porch. This year the house will be the "Lost Souls Tavern" complete with graveyard on the side of the house......Yes I am mad......."wood ye lyke t' see the gryveyard...awl me friends arrr in there...

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

I be with ye, Capt. Westyn Elizabeth Roberts... I'm lookin' at doin' as much as humanly possible to work of me fine outfit,... bought some makeup with stuff t' make yer face look like it's peeling, .. some latex, etc... try to be like the cursed undead from PotC. I highly doubt there will be many from around here that will dress up as such. Despite the box office hit that PotC was. B)

I was looking at being a pirate anyway, if I didn't have my dragoon uniform by this time. Which I don't yet. :: le sigh:: :D

All I know, is I've heard from friends that a couple people have dressed as Jack Sparrow (only Jack Sparrow) at some conventions. Including a PotC party B) this coming Thursday night at some convention in St. Louis. My friend has promised pix. So.. we shall see how good these young cub will be. B)

I look forward to seeing pix of pirate costumes ... somewhere. :D

"Take watcha can! Give nothin' back!"

Huzzah!

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

We just had the last weekend of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival (I've worked out there for eight years or so) and this year there where at least four new characters (people who work there) as pirate captains. One dressed as Legolas. And all the leather workers were selling tricorns, that used to be special order only. How's that for movie influence.

Guest [BB] lkg

man i wish but i last yea i shelled out a mucho denero for a clown costum my friend and i were like dead clows it was a lot of money so i have to atleast use it for one more year then to pirates yarrr

We had a couple of Jacks that visited Ojai...one was pretty good, and I made it a point to introduce wee Undead Jack to his "twin".

There is a picture that is taken, but not on my camera...

Matter of fact, I would say the Jack puppet was quite a hit. He'll be even better once some of his "mannerisms" are better programmed.

...and when his leg ceases to fall off.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

*LOL*

I had someone inform me I could make a lot of money off of him if I really wanted. Of course, I am sort of silly and greedy.

I am, however, considering the idea of getting a couple of more skeletons and playing with the idea of making a second one of say, either Will or Anna Maria so that the two could play off of one another.

We'll see. Right now, Jack needs pants and boots...amongst his other effects.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Oh, I'll be goin' as a pirate, although I'm startin' to feel a bit frenzied about getting all the pieces together. The trouble with bein' a newbie is havin' to assemble the whole blasted thing at once.

Still, it'll be a breath of fresh air over last year. I chose a costume that a good match for me, but lacked a certain humor and sense o' fun (which hopefully was NOT part of what made it a good match...).

So...aye. A pirate. I've even pressed three of my officemates into duty as well...

B) I'll be packin' the candy cannon and firin' it from the remade front porch, which turns once a year into the pirate ship Diogan (Gaelic for Revenge). My wife and I and our whole crew o' friends don our pirate gear and make the front porch into the deck of a ship, complete with treasure chest full o' chocolate coins.

'Tis truly a fun time...we also have some fake rum casks labelled "rum", "more rum", and Red Rum. The candy cannon fires tootsie rolls into the crowd o' kiddies on the sidewalk.

Then, as I've heard some others mention, we head off and celebrate Samhain. Then we has us a party full of piratical debauchery. It's a big night for us. I'll try to post pics of the "ship" this year. B)

I be hostin' a halloween Pirate Party, closer to the date o course... but r ye all from the americas? what about this scurvy ridden isle they call the UK?

I'd be happy to help you celebrate Halloween in the UK... only problem bein' my presence on the west coast of the US and the price of plane tickets. (And considering recent world history, commandeering an airplane is a topic that isn't funny, not even for a pirate.)

(And considering recent world history, commandeering an airplane is a topic that isn't funny, not even for a pirate.)

That reminds me of an article I found recently about "High Tech" pirates using GPS receivers and cell phones to coordinate hijackings of merchant vessels. Some of the pirates have even had missile launchers.

If I remember correctly, the ICC recorded something like 260 pirate attacks in 2002.

Wish I could find the link again.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Capt'n Wolf here supportin' the cause! Piracy during Hall'ween all the way! Me house'll be decked out in the latest of the Captain's creative pirate decorations, n' the neighborhood'll have a new reason ter fear!

Actually, the Captain be dressin' as that fine spec'mn of a pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow. She should keep her real pistols and sword away from those pesky mini swabs, at any rate. They be tricksy.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Oh of COURSE we're gonna be an entire pirate household with the kids and everything! MIght find an eyepatch for me cat, too! Gonna fly the Jolly Roger off me deck, if it ain't rainin' (Portland Oregon? Rain? Good freaking luck...)

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"