Corona Pirate Faire

Red Maria

T'will be a pleasure meetin' t'Stranglehold Pirates again. I were in my Professor McGonigal costume with Harry Potter when I chatted wif ye at t'City of Hope Picnic last June. :D

Bin tryin' t'convince me First Mate that Cub Scouts and Star Wars CAN mix. LOL. :D

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T'will be a pleasure meetin' t'Stranglehold Pirates again. I were in my Professor McGonigal costume with Harry Potter when I chatted wif ye at t'City of Hope Picnic last June. :D

Bin tryin' t'convince me First Mate that Cub Scouts and Star Wars CAN mix. LOL. :D

I be rememberin' you, it be a pleasure to be seein' you again. Ifin I'm not mistaken we have a picture of you, from that port. Feel free to stop by and say 'ello.

She e-mailed me back when I sent it in. But I haven't heard anything about the corona event, that deals with applicants yet. Will they send something out?

Smilin' Pete, you probably heard from me. I re-route email that comes to PRP's info@portroyalprivateers.org account, making sure it gets to the right people. I just looked you up, and you sent your application to the Info address, so I forwarded it at the end of June to our Secretary at membership@portroyalprivateers.org.

Since then, you should have received a newsletter with some event info. As to the applicant process, go here:PRP Applicant's Guide. You need to contact the Secretary or the Event Coordinator to let them know at what event(s) you'll be auditioning. If you want Corona to be your audition, let them know. Email contact is fine.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I dont know how much auditioning I will be able to do. What does that entail anyway?

Go here, PRP Applicant Guide, see step #3.

If you're coming in on PRP's gatelist, you should plan to spend some time with PRP in the encampment.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Okay another question, does anybody know if there will be any belly dancers there or tribal belly dance? Would definetly want to be there on time for that show if there are to be any belly dancers.

:rolleyes:

p.s. Petee love yer countdown ;)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

only the employees and guild members (gate listed folk) are subject to following the inpertanent guidelines written by someone without any cleavage! If you know a bunch of belly dancers I'll show them a grassed area there where they can dance all day and into the night and nobody will say shinola!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I know one of the members here Dutchess is a tribal belly dancer and she at one time had a post about belly dancing pyrates..I loved it..as to I started Belly Dancing classes last summer and love it, so I always want to see the pro's dance. I hope they do, cause I think it would fit in well even though they say in the costume guidelines no middle eastern...geeez....pirates collected anyone I believe who wanted to join their cause....of pyracy...lmao.

Is there any schedule of performances they are going to publish like ren faire does?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

only the employees and guild members (gate listed folk) are subject to following the inpertanent guidelines written by someone without any cleavage!

Diego - I can't imagine following the guideline for costume - the part that caught me off guard said "no cleavage" I can't imagine being able to conform to that - not since I was 12 have I had no cleavage! :( Watch out Cutthroast of Corona - here we come. Hide yer booty! Should we all plan on making a Pyracy meet-up? - let's hit the Ale Stand at the far end of the site at say... 4:00 Saturday - what say ye?

only the employees and guild members (gate listed folk) are subject to following the inpertanent guidelines written by someone without any cleavage!

ROTBDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

True, true. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

[quote name=Diego Santana de la Vega' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:09

Diego - I can't imagine following the guideline for costume - the part that caught me off guard said "no cleavage" I can't imagine being able to conform to that - not since I was 12 have I had no cleavage! :ph34r:

(Hefting a tankard to your wisdom...)

Well said (and speaking from a problem as equal as yer own)

Besides, it's why the women Pirates always survived any wreak at sea.

If the ship sank.... we float. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Okay another question, does anybody know if there will be any belly dancers there or tribal belly dance?  Would definetly want to be there on time for that show if there are to be any belly dancers.

:ph34r:

p.s. Petee love yer countdown  :ph34r:

As a belly dancer I have been told that there will be no belly dancers at this event. The reason I was told that this faire is set in the Caribbean hence no belly dancers. Yeah I know other faire are set in England and there should be no belly dancer there either. But what I can I say? I'm not running this event.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Okay another question, does anybody know if there will be any belly dancers there or tribal belly dance?  Would definetly want to be there on time for that show if there are to be any belly dancers.

:ph34r:

p.s. Petee love yer countdown   :ph34r:

As a belly dancer I have been told that there will be no belly dancers at this event. The reason I was told that this faire is set in the Caribbean hence no belly dancers. Yeah I know other faire are set in England and there should be no belly dancer there either. But what I can I say? I'm not running this event.

Like in Escondido lets hope there are some drums to get started during close Saturday night and we can all dance in the streets!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.