Corona Pirate Faire

Red Maria

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I'm planning on attending with the whole crew in tow. Now that me mates "unemployed", he be wanting to join me in me fun. As long as he doesn't try to hold me back, we should be having a great time. ;)

Girl a twelve pounder couldn't hold you back! I know I met ye and ye be a non stopper ye be! Huzzah! See you there!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

...since never been to this gathering of pyratey folk, ..what's the best way to get there from the LAX area?

it's the 91 FWY east (in Corona) Lincoln exit north to River Rd. (about 1 1/4 miles) then turn left almost two miles (you'll go over the Santa ana River) and when the road forks turn left and immediately look for the parks entrance on the left.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

No Jamaica/Christine Lampe is not one of the organizers.

Her husband Michael Lampe is.

Michael and Tom Wilson who runs the regular Corona faire during the spring are the Top People.

It was Michael's idea after being disgusted by so-called pirate fairs with a Queen Elizabeth as head; to do what PRP has wanted to do for many, many years. Have a Pirate Court! The group Rogue's Cove out of Las Vegas will be heading the Court as they have been regulars at Tom's faires.

Let's all make this the best Pirate Faire there ever has been! Huzzah! :lol:

I does hope the restaurant is open as well! (on a small note) there is this cool vendor there that I have never seen at any other faire anywhere it's the "get it off yer back" booth and the lady there sells you plates (Pirate phil you'd love this) you buy them and throw them as hard as you can into a brick wall..... :lol: It is so cool! I hope she is there!

Oh, I've been to this faire site before, but when they have faire back in March. When it's a lot of cooler! Well, we'll see how hot it is that weekend.

we are going to open the fair at gate working M & G then go to the movies in the hot afternoon and return for dinner and the afterdark partying that will fer certs present itself in a way only mostly understandable as me sees fit. Ifin it never been said before "Why Die"

Thanks Diego for the directions...I really hope to make it...I as well am wondering how hot it will be. I don't think I will be donning my velvet frock coat..eh!

So how many pyracy.com people are going? T'would be nice to all meet up and meet face to face or tankard to tankard so to speak.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Thanks Diego for the directions...I really hope to make it...I as well am wondering how hot it will be.  I don't think I will be donning my velvet frock coat..eh!

So how many pyracy.com people are going? T'would be nice to all meet up and meet face to face or tankard to tankard so to speak.

I'm not hard ta find lass but saturday night it will be open till nine i hear and i will be in the shade holding an ale enjoying the company of all those surround me with beauty. I dare say that an enourmous amount of boisterous laughter will too be a part of the event festivities. Rummy and I will be working the opening hours at main gate meet and greet and peace tying. And then drink till blind, nap and eat about dusk in the restaurant if its open for this event (we certainly hope it is) then start drynking all over again. till the parties beginns! Then Then I dont have any plans exceptin gettin to the car without being got by the skeeters. Oh yes I would think after dark the mosquitos should be about huge by the end of august!

25 days left

Aye can't wait! (actually I can as San Diego is this weekend and Big Bear is the following two weekends and then Corona!) But Corona goes on at night on Saturday so even if all of you think its too hot (nay not) just make the trip there in the afternoon / evening like from 3-4 and from 5-9pm it will be cool enough to carry all yer 80 plus pounds of weapons around! huzzah!

I'll be up there on Friday the 26th for set-up for PRP if any o' you come lookin' for me. I know my hair will be up due to the heat, an' probably wearin' a hat (not pirate). So be sure and look for the hot and sweaty blond hangin' round the PRP camp. :lol::lol:

Welp, it looks like I won't be going to this at all. Main reason: My sister's birthday is that weekend. Everyone is planning on going to Disneyland and then staying over at the Disneyland Hotel. It's also just way too hot in Corona, ugh! I think I'll wait til faire in March instead, when it's cooler out there.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg