Corona Pirate Faire

Red Maria

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know you're all still meeting up in the same place.

And THIS place is going to get pretty quiet now. Most of the PRP'rs have left to go set up the encampment... and many others are travel'n I would imagine.

So fair winds mates, see you all in port!! :angry:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'll be lookin' fer me mates at the PRP and Stronghold encampments. You'll find me easy enough - I'll be wearin' me Hawaiian-style Star Wars shirt which sticks out like a sore thumb. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well, I have returned from Cutthroats of Corona, and had a great time. Unfortunately, I can't make it tomorrow, but it was a great pleasure to meet Rummy, Iron Bess, Red Maria, Diego, Cascabel, Petee, and many others. I'm kind of sweet on a couple of the female-types now. If you have any pics, I'd love it if you could post a few! Thanks, mates! Also, keep me informed of upcoming events around this area.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Aye matey, it were a fine time at t'faire; but a bit too hot fer this pirate.

It were grand meetin' ye and seein' Rumba and Bess again. Me cabin boys liked yer four-legged powder monkey a lot. T'were also a pleasure t'meet Cascabel and Isabel. And t'chat with t'crew of Stranglehold.

If'n ye be sailin' down t'the Ren Faire in October in Escondido, I may be persuaded t'put on me finery fer a day. :huh:

Ye mates what be stayin' t'whole weekend, be sure t'keep yerself "moisturized"; inside and out!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well me companion and I left Corona at 4:30 on Sat. normally we stay for PRP's pot-luck in the evening, but we were so uncomfortably hot we had to leave and come home. Besides my poor parrot, Gilligan was having a real bad time with the heat too.

It was about a 104 out there on Saturday!

Total insanity to have a faire of any kind at the end of August when it's the hottest time of the year in S. California!

I did take pictures, and as soon as I have some free time, hopefully tomorrow, I'll get them up for everyone to see.

Killian,

Nice pics! Thanks! BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Don't be holding me looks against me from Corona. It was hot as he$# and no water (ocean/lake) to be seen. I was in need of some sea breezes and cool waters. It was nice meeting you petey, wish I could have stayed longer to get to know you better. :(

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Don't be holding me looks against me from Corona.  It was hot as he$# and no water (ocean/lake) to be seen.  I was in need of some sea breezes and cool waters.  It was nice meeting you petey, wish I could have stayed longer to get to know you better. :(

No worries, I'm sure there will be plenty other times. I'm suprised I made it out of that fair alive.

Petee-2.jpg

I was there, me an me beau got there I am guessing around 6 and it was still hot. I think I saw a bunch of you there, I think at the table in the back of the restaurant. We were kinda stumbing around the place not being familiar with the grounds and such. We enjoyed the Pillage people at the stage and then later the cannon fire was wonderful to hear and see. Perhaps again next year with a bigger group of comrades. Whew was it hot even at 9!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Hey, I got this little postcard in the mail that lists all the faires going on in Corona.  Of course Cutthroat is the first, but then it has Koroneburg in September.  An old world Fall ren faire.  Anyone thinking of going to that?  I wonder if it'll be cooler by then.  You all are going to burn up out there this weekend, it's worse to be in garb when it's blazing hot.  Someone bring the kiddie pool with ya-lol!  :(

Yar it were hot and you know what Christine? Martina did bring a kiddie pool with her and there were times when the everneeded submerged noggin were there fer the dunking.

Next year lets get a Pyracy.com boothe??? with a waterfall! Like the one in the Moonlight Lagoon!

I forgot to mention the singing voices and talent of the Port Royal Privateers much enjoyed group the New Providence! Well done matey's!

Lady Alyx and Captain Grey how is it that I missed the likes o the two a you? Mayhaps tallships in Dana point in two Sundays?

Petee yer a lucky man indeed! Nice family and Killian nice pics mate!

To everyone there and those that couldn't make it. Though HOT as it were, you are all great and giving wondrous mates. Grammercy (and though it be a true Pyratical name as Red Skeleton would end his shows) "and may God bless"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Well here's the few pictures I took. Half the time I was in a heat-dredged state and forgot to take the camera out to take pictures...duh.

Corona Pirate Faire Pictures

This would be a great event if it was moved to November, December, January, or Febuary. If it's done again in August, I won't be there.

Nice pics Rumba could I have looked any more crazed? Damn what was I thinking? Oops sorry meant to write drynking?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Yes it was hot! But I found this glass blowing booth that was selling bodice chillers. Sort of a glass vase with out a base that can be filled with ice and slipped between the breasts. It made Sunday a bit more bearable.

It was great to see me mates BHP and RR and to meet some of you and put a face to names. Billy Bones you looked great everything a pirate should look like. Petee it was great meet you and thank you for listening to New Providence play. And that goes for anyone who stopped by and listened. I keep on trying to find you Killin but never was sucessful.

New Providence had to perform 4 sets on Saturday and 3 sets on Sunday ( We weren't told when or where they would be till Saturday morning) at 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 & 7:30 Sat and 1:30, 3:30 & 5:30. There were reports that it was up to 110 degrees. But nonetheless people recived us very well and desipte the small turnout we made some money in tips!

On top of that I was recruited at, literally, the last minute for portray Anne Bonney (the lady who suppose to play her unfortunately her husband fell very ill and she had to take care of him) for the trial of Anne Bonney and Mary Read. Luckily I've done the role before so I knew the part. Mary Read was wonderfully played by Gale Selinger . I hope some of you met her at the faire. If anyone has pictures please send them to me as I forgot to have someone take them for me.

It was dog hot but great fun. I hear the man who runs it will be moving it to early November next year. Thank the Gods! I lost 2 1/2 pounds over the weekend. I do not recommend this as a diet! :)

Edited by Red Maria

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency