Corona Pirate Faire

Red Maria

OK, kids - I just want you to know that I had a blast at Cutthroats of Corona - (heat and all) because of all the great Pyrates that were there to enjoy the festivities! I have uploaded the pics - and some are much better than others - but, by all means - please take a look! This link should work...

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/10...436995208yhsxxl

Select - just view the photos! <_<

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yarrrggghhhh! I love the picture of all of us in the petting zoo cages! That was cool! (closest thing the faire had to a brig!

Ya know the more we thinks abouts it the more things we coulds do with the empty booths next year like make a brig fer a kodak moment stop !!!!!!ya know a couple large skeletons chained against the wall. lots to write down here and there

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

OK, kids - I just want you to know that I had a blast at Cutthroats of Corona - (heat and all) because of all the great Pyrates that were there to enjoy the festivities! I have uploaded the pics - and some are much better than others - but, by all means - please take a look! This link should work...

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/10...436995208yhsxxl

Select - just view the photos! <_<

Great pictures lass, it looks like you took more than I did. Which wasn't hard to do since I forgot most of the time I had a camera on me.

yarrrggghhhh! I love the picture of all of us in the petting zoo cages! That was cool! (closest thing the faire had to a brig!

Ya know the more we thinks abouts it the more things we coulds do with the empty booths next year like make a brig fer a kodak moment stop !!!!!!ya know a couple large skeletons chained against the wall. lots to write down here and there

Aye that is a great picture.

And I agree, there is a lot of missed opportunity at this faire. My guild we tend to go out and play more and interact with the crowd which we really did not do until Sunday, when we decided it would be funny if we went out and claimed to be the law in town, specially playing with highway men.

I be spotting many a brown recluse spider on said property. If any of you have bug bites that not look to be healing, please see a doctor immediately. Better to be safe, mates.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye, it wer a pleasur ta meet ta likes o' Diego, Rhumba Rue an' Petee...in me mad rum soaked search o' shade n' breezes I fergot ta show at ta 4pm meet'n but ta pictures sur look like ye be hav'n a grand time. Hopes ta see some o' ya at Escondido in October...now 'scuze me whilst I tend ta me burns an' itches...... <_<

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Aye, the pictures be wonderful.

And I warned ye I would stick out like a sore thumb amongst you cutthroats! :lol:

(I'm in the "family photo" in Rumba's album with my First Mate and cabin boys.)

Lookin' forward t'October Faire in Escondido. Only 3 miles from me home. :o

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Ahoy thar Mates, Corona Cutthroat Pyrate Faire was just fyne! Yea the heat was like an Inferno, just like bein' down below decks in some tropical weather or worse.... But I spied one pyrate crew with a dousing booth of Water buckets. Sweet... Port Royal Privateers went through a record amount of ice as well!

Thank-ye to all that listened to New Providence!

As fer Rumba Rue's information regarding Escondido/Ojai and other faires it will certainly be interestin' ta see what transpires now.... Corona I hope took in enough draw... I personally had about 15 relatives show up ......

:lol::o

Pyracy in all it's Glory,

Yers,

D.L.

aka DurtyLaFey

member of a few crewes....but that be a personal question.

I be spotting many a brown recluse spider on said property. If any of you have bug bites that not look to be healing, please see a doctor immediately. Better to be safe, mates.

Well said lass! thar be enough a them ta goes around and aggressive little Effers they are too! me aunt was bit by one and errrghh arm swelled up and toxins went throughout her fer a month nearly she were in the hospital after she went to the doctor. Had one chase me once like a black mamba just kept comin after me. finally got it out where I could scratch its back and did so with me boot! (squish) I hates spiders.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Sounds like the funnel web spiders in Australia, they chase ya too. Only thing is, they be a lot bigger than the brown recluse, but just about as deadly I think. I hate how the apartment complex I'm in has so many of the big ones all around. Those damn things build their webs in areas where you'll walk in to it on accident. Freaks me out, can't stand them! I hate spiders too, the bigger they are the more I run in the other direction!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye Me ole son and a right nice share it be. All B S but right nice it be. Just cause its printed you don't believe it do ya? Sir Ifin I might not a mentioned it I at one time in another life a long long time ago I were employed by a small pest control company ye might a heard of. TERMINIX? I was a branch 2 liscensed inspector here in this fine state of confusion. I were training manager, route supervisor, new account salesman, buyer, and started as a route man. Now I gots story's that'l make you never get to sleep but that sir we can discuss with grog! there are brown recluse spiders everywhere. They get packed, bagged, moved and transported by train plane and truck from there to here and back every day. The nice write up doesn't mention anything about the fact that spiders don't have lungs so they don't activly partake in what we understand as breathing. They have spiracles that allow an oxygen intake behind their front set of legs and they can close them off if any change in sensory perception is needed. (you can't gas them to kill them even when tenting your house for termites) They are not effected by residual chemicals the likes of which do effect ants, roaches and earwigs because spiders aren't "clean" they do not groom as other insect familys do so to kill them with chemicles it must hit their body directly to work and all chemicals don't work! Read labels follow instructions and don't think if the label says one ounce per gallon two is better it's not! one does what its suppose to do without going into leaving a toxic dose for birds and wildlife to encounter.

I would think Diatamous Earth would kill brown recluse spiders through dehydration, much like it does with Arizona scorpions.

The sand substance scratches their exoskeleton and cause them to dehydrate. It is harmless to humans and animals.

Just my off-topic two cents worth,

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I would think Diatamous Earth would kill brown recluse spiders through dehydration, much like it does with Arizona scorpions.

The sand substance scratches their exoskeleton and cause them to dehydrate. It is harmless to humans and animals.

Just my off-topic two cents worth,

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif