You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

IMG_1306.jpg

Nice Cod piece . :wub:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Cod piece . :P

That naught be a cod piece :P

That be me shark tooth pricker fer t' clean out me pecker, th' rum flows thick this time o' year ye know :wub:

I am think'n o' stripping off th' leather from th' shell guard on me new Dutch cutlass, I read somewhere where someone found reference t' velvet being use'd and I think that would be nice. She be th' LAST one o' her kind that Windlass made, there aint be no more, but there is a another maker what now be make'n a Dutch style cutlass, a bit broader, heavier and with three blood grooves, I read mixed reviews about it so I was glad t' catch this last one from Windlass.

Now I need t' find some fine period type silk t' re-do me let tie garters, or perhaps some other fancy pattern linen, but silk would be nice. I have a piece o' leather sew'd inside them so they don't bunch up during th' day and they don't slip pass'd me calfs.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

vvveerryyy nice MadL, love the detail on the belt....wonderful mate

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Here is my lastest and greatest....and though this thread states..."You IN your garb" ...it is as close as I could get for now. The stays are the by the lovely hand of our very own Haunting Lily Alexander.

The mantua gown is cream silk with brown and green silk embroidery. Petticoat is also silk - goldenrod is the color.

Frontcreammantua2.jpg

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

In the beginning we all concentrated on getting our garb passable. Then folks started raising the bar, getting our garb merely historically accurate. Then you go and put the bar in another galaxy in a time far, far away, historically accurate and impossibly fashionable. You are hereby officially designated an FB, you and all of your accomplices.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

:lol:

Very loverly, Cheeky. Can't wait t' see ye in that finery. Yo'r summer daydress I suppose?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

.....You are hereby officially designated an FB, you and all of your accomplices.

:huh::o:huh::huh: !

Thank YOU Captain Jim. I'll take that as a HUGE compliment.Uhm…Captain Sterling? Now which number FB am I? I think we left off on 5 or was that 6?

Member of "The Forsaken"

Here is my lastest and greatest....and though this thread states..."You IN your garb" ...it is as close as I could get for now. The stays are the by the lovely hand of our very own Haunting Lily Alexander.

The mantua gown is cream silk with brown and green silk embroidery. Petticoat is also silk - goldenrod is the color.

Frontcreammantua2.jpg

OOOOOOOh Cheeky, my lady you have set the bar quite high! Tis, quite beautiful madame...could we maybe get a closer picture of the embroidery? I dare ask if its all hand made????

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

The whole outfit be simply astounding !

Eye might be a bottom feeder when it comes to

the astute requirements of passing for period

but I knows a great work when Eye seez one!

Well done Cheeky Actress! ~

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

.....You are hereby officially designated an FB, you and all of your accomplices.

:o:huh::huh::huh: !

Thank YOU Captain Jim. I'll take that as a HUGE compliment.Uhm…Captain Sterling? Now which number FB am I? I think we left off on 5 or was that 6?

'Tis the highest compliment I know. I think all FBs should be made to wear badges or something so that we can see them approaching from afar...Cheeky Actress, FB License Number Six...not that we can't already tell them apart from the rest of us; the unwashed, the unworthy, the unseemly jealous...

And I will shoot the first one of you that brings a Jamaican sloop to Key West, I swear...

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

Thank you LadyB, Rumba Rue, Mr. Tignor, Oderlesseye, and Captain Jim for you kind words.

Yes, LadyB this is part of my warmer weather/summer attire. I had the intension of bringing it with me to Blackbeards, but I never finished it in time.

Thank you Rumba! All you really need is to have great resources to find the best deals.

The embroidery on the fabric, Mr. Tignor is not hand done. The fabric came that way I confess that I do have moments of madness...but I ain't that crazy!

Thank you Oderlesseye. If ever we do have a chance to meet, a glass of fyne rum for you!

Captain Jim, I will gladly wear my badge "FB License Number Six" with pride! As for a Jamaican sloop ..."cough...cough"...I know know nothing of such things..."cough". I am but an actress of the London stage. :rolleyes:

Member of "The Forsaken"

In the beginning we all concentrated on getting our garb passable. Then folks started raising the bar, getting our garb merely historically accurate. Then you go and put the bar in another galaxy in a time far, far away, historically accurate and impossibly fashionable. You are hereby officially designated an FB, you and all of your accomplices.

Hmmmm...... Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is an "FB" ????? Don't think I ever heard the term....

>>>> Cascabel

It’s a term of endearment made up of extreme envy mixed with approval and affection. It may have originated in Key West, PiP 2007, but it may have existed before that. It consists of calling someone a f***ing b**tard (or b**ch, in this case) in a most affectionate way because they have done something or made something that fills you with envy and pride of knowing a person that can do such a thing. It also has something to do with the whole "raising the bar" thing, knowing that one will now have to achieve a higher plane to stand in such august company. It’s a big, backhanded compliment.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Thank you LadyB, Rumba Rue, Mr. Tignor, Oderlesseye, and Captain Jim for you kind words.

Yes, LadyB this is part of my warmer weather/summer attire. I had the intension of bringing it with me to Blackbeards, but I never finished it in time.

Thank you Rumba! All you really need is to have great resources to find the best deals.

The embroidery on the fabric, Mr. Tignor is not hand done. The fabric came that way I confess that I do have moments of madness...but I ain't that crazy!

Thank you Oderlesseye. If ever we do have a chance to meet, a glass of fyne rum for you!

Captain Jim, I will gladly wear my badge "FB License Number Six" with pride! As for a Jamaican sloop ..."cough...cough"...I know know nothing of such things..."cough". I am but an actress of the London stage. :rolleyes:

In that case, if it would not be too forward of me, where did you get the fabric? Id like a bit of something similar for a mantua i have to sew for a friend(though im sure itll kill me)

This is what I thought though I had no proof of it, not knowing if the term had been used before in such a fashion. If, in fact, the term originated in Key West then I must report that Mr. Jack was the first FB, owing to the ease with which he and his family adapted to Pyracy and looked so damn good doing it.

And then there was that flower pot...

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

that is amazing! i cant wait to see a pic of you in it!!

ohhh-- and i shall prowl for some green silk of just the right shade-- so you can have 2 skirts to go with the mantua!!-- perhaps some thing sage-y........ make the flowers POP on the mantua!!

absolutely amazing fabulous work!!

good for you!!

makes me down right proud to say i know yah!!

now i shall pray for a screw up say , perhaps size 4-6?....... a slip of the scissors?

:)

cant wait to see what you come up with next!!!

This is what I thought though I had no proof of it, not knowing if the term had been used before in such a fashion. If, in fact, the term originated in Key West then I must report that Mr. Jack was the first FB, owing to the ease with which he and his family adapted to Pyracy and looked so damn good doing it.

And then there was that flower pot...

being the one who first called Aman,aMamijeerri.....Jack...that........it was first used to describe those Damn Beach Boys...tho it was never in it's abreviated form.......and we were the ones who passed on the ..."title"....as it were....

the proper pronuncaition should be said under ones breath, and said behind the intendeds back......used when a Newbie shows up to saids FIRST event....and surpasses all said expectaions...without seemingly even trying or aware of it.....

tho not the original....Mr. Roberts is an F.B. of di-stink-tion....

...him and his frigan flower pot :rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

My gear has been through several different stages, thanks to bodice fit issues, weather, and sparks of creativity...

Version 1ish. Ignore the bodice fit

2889633019_94d8f7c816_b.jpg

The cold weather version(with Commodore WeirdBeard)

3174791513_ab38640752_b.jpg

And the latest(with my friend Lady Molly in front of my shop)

3664847671_d58ecdcfc5_o.jpg

My bodice was made by Damsel In This Dress, the rest of the cloth parts were made by me. My leather is the work of Ashton Synn(Commodore WeirdBeard). If you couldnt tell, I kinda like roses :)

Edited by corsairsboutique