You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Photo0085.jpgThought I'd post a picture of my jacobite garb which includes the tartan shortcoat I enquired about ealier. Here's what my character would look like at home in the highlands.

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0080.jpgPhoto0081.jpgand here is what he would look like once he joined up with the Yankee pirate crew.... The Iron Brigade.

and there you have it

Nice job!

ihtcbanner.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop modeling and get sewing (on my stuff)! Looks great man!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

McCool -

Mandalorian Pirates?!

Liam - looks great, sir!

Haha, no. It's not a Bantha skull (or Mythosaur skull, or whatever that damn skull is on Fett's shoulderplate). It's supposed to be a bison skull.

It's the official jolly roger of my pirate crew, the Pirates of Ill Repute, since we're all landlocked and such.

www.piratesofillrepute.org

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 4 weeks later...

gallery_11102_229_41426.jpg

Gee...now I wanna' crab on a leash for my outfit. Imagine the fun I could have with that...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

That is one of the most funnest photos Eye have ever clamped me eyes on!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Gee...now I wanna' crab on a leash for my outfit. Imagine the fun I could have with that...

Haha, yeah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. These costumes were entirely my girlfriend's idea, and it all started out of her desire to create a pirate hat with a bird's nest in it. You can see the sandpiper sticking up over the top of her hat here, actually. And she has this fascination with crabs (yeah, I know, I know), so she really wanted to put one on a leash and take it around the ren faire with us. Oh the brilliant bits we played with that thing, hehe.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Looks like Mission has found a multi-arm loblolly boy as an assistant. wink.gif

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Haha, yeah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. These costumes were entirely my girlfriend's idea, and it all started out of her desire to create a pirate hat with a bird's nest in it. You can see the sandpiper sticking up over the top of her hat here, actually. And she has this fascination with crabs (yeah, I know, I know), so she really wanted to put one on a leash and take it around the ren faire with us. Oh the brilliant bits we played with that thing, hehe.

Ya done GOOOOOOOOD !!!! I can only imagine the fun you must have had messing with the "anal retentive" types !!! Rock on, Shipmate....

>>>>> Cascabel

:rolleyes: Your girlfriend and I would probably get along famously.

X (The Dread Surgeon Mission)

Dread_Surgeon_Mission_Hmmmm_small.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Someone has a clothes problem and needs an intervention. rolleyes.gif

Looks great sir!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Van Henry aka Moose , Ye be setting the mark fer when Eye turn my attention to a more "Period" kit!

Well done....

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Oi Mooseworth, what is yer opinion on the shoes yer wearin?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thanks a million, Mission, Cascabel, and Oderless, and anyone I might have forgotten. Sarah is delighted that you like our "castaway" duds so much, and especially the crab biggrin.gif

And Moose, I really dig the period ensemble here, as with pretty much every other shot I've seen of you. Nice stuff, mate. LOVE the matchlock. Very cool.

And I second Sterling's question, how are the shoes holding up? Are those the ones from Loyalist?

Edited by Captain McCool

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Hmmm... who is that masked man on a mission? Oh! Tis Mission! <_< Interesting but hilarious pic. :blink:

Kudos on th' look, Mooseworth! Ye look like a man who can take on th' world and give Sam Bellamy a run for his money.

McCool... that's just pure brilliance there, nevertheless! <_< Absolute creativity. A fine mix of realism with the fantasy. Hats of to ye both.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Avast! Mooseworth! T'is meself, Ol' Dutch o' th "Meka"II. Right fine appearal if I may say so, and I do so, sez I! I be askin if'n ye has plans ta'come down ta' Beaufort, NC fer th' Invasion wot takes place in August? T'will comence on Friday the 13th with th' Battle, on land and sea on Sat., the 14th. Sure t' be a good time with much merriment being made!

• 2 weeks later...