You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

I must say Oderlesseye, I like th' cut o' yer jib matie!

If'n by chance ye ever learn how t' tie one o' them fancy cravats like them English blokes above then do let me know!

I believe th' one on th' right has it tight with a Waterfall style knot, but mine ne'er come out so fancy.

I have th' booklet "How to tie a cravat" 'n for th' Waterfall it say:

Waterfall, is made by tying it with a single knot, and then bringing one of the ends over, so as completely to hide the knot, and spreading it out, and turning it down in the waistcoat. The neck-cloth ought to be very large to make this Tie properly - It is worn by all stage-coachmen, guards, the swells of the fancy, and ruffians. To be quite the thing, there should be no starch, or at least very little in it

Ye may recall my attempt with th' one I wore on HMS Surprise? Not quite right for some reason...

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was referring to the weather mate. But me Lass would agree with thee as to me being hot as well. Alas I was caught unawares that the Utah crews were in to buggery. However that discussion is probably better served in academic form with Capt Twill on Sodomy & the Pirate Tradition English Sea Rover of the seventeenth Century. Here bees me in me wool frock to hot for South Carolina or Caribbean waters. zmgi8w.jpg

Edited by Bright

Nice gattors ye has...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hmm... MadL... I believe I've seen those two Gentlemen hovering around a particular "Norrington" I know from Keep To The Code. :) Navy men they be. Best be watchin' thyself, my good man. :lol:

As always, Oderlesseye, ye look mah-valous! Spiffy frock ye have there. I'd say poor Naval Gent, but I'm sure he deserved what upcomin's ye gave him. :o LOL

Right nice there, Bright! Ye look ready t' cause mayhem an' havoc... if ye haven't done so already. Hehehe.

Bo... I'd swear... ye've gotten even more handsome! Ye look splendid, my good man! Fine frock ye have there. And th' family looks equally handsome! Such a fine crew ye have there. And grand background, too. :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

'cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war'

14vpbah.jpg

yeah bright!! it's so nice to see clothes that are dirty and have stains!!! :)

i hate looking clean! *wink*

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• 4 weeks later...

Well the first pirate festival for my wife fresh in from the orient went well and I took a couple of pictures of her. Naturally we are still working on her garb but heres a start, remember she is not from Europe but was "acquired" in Siam and now sails with pirates.

SUC53963.jpg

SUC53962.jpg

SUC53866.jpg

SUC53867.jpg

And one of myself, I am working to make my outfit more befitting someone who has lived and sailed in the Orient.

SUC53927.jpg

id.jpg

Well the first pirate festival for my wife fresh in from the orient went well and I took a couple of pictures of her. Naturally we are still working on her garb but heres a start, remember she is not from Europe but was "acquired" in Siam and now sails with pirates.

SUC53963.jpg

SUC53962.jpg

SUC53866.jpg

SUC53867.jpg

And one of myself, I am working to make my outfit more befitting someone who has lived and sailed in the Orient.

SUC53927.jpg

id.jpg

Eye think she likes that sword..Beware!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_3159.jpg

A comparison shot to the mural

Now THAT be a portrait of a Portrait of EYE says I

Edited by Shipwreck John

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Happy Halloween!

scott.jpg

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Admittedly we are not too welcoming to the nylon crowd ....

this is very true here. my garb gets rave reviews at pirate events and ren faires, yet here it is looked down upon. i recomend to anyone that if you have garb not made from silk,linen, or wool just dont even show it here. thats what ive learned.its a good site to get ideas and info from.

In the very short time that I've been lurking here, I'm gonna observe that bit of advice. If anything, it's an incentive for me to either come correct or don't come at all. I was ready to post pics from this past Halloween of me and the family but....nuh-uh.

this is very true here. my garb gets rave reviews at pirate events and ren faires, yet here it is looked down upon. i recomend to anyone that if you have garb not made from silk,linen, or wool just dont even show it here. thats what ive learned.its a good site to get ideas and info from.

In the very short time that I've been lurking here, I'm gonna observe that bit of advice. If anything, it's an incentive for me to either come correct or don't come at all. I was ready to post pics from this past Halloween of me and the family but....nuh-uh.

tho....for the life of me...i'm not sure why??....i admittantly lean towa's the "wool and linen" variety....i dont believe this forum should be for "only the period"...which i find to be wholly outnumbereed yet somehow retain the monarchy??.....i for one thuroghly enjoy seeing EVERYONES garb...fact/fantasy/or other....there is room on this bench for all endevours....

so ...please....all are welcomed...and encouraged to post pics of garb... :P

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Hey.... this is "You in yar garb"...... not "You in yar "100% Period" garb.".....

This is where ye post pictures of what ye wear when dressed as a Pyrate......