You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words BlackJohn and Kenneth.

I needed to do a few ‘test runs’ before Blackbeard’s regarding the new do. Shame I didn’t have the purple court gown (Captain Sterling has it in his possession as of the moment)…just had to pull out my little old red number… (ya….sad…sad…sad) :D

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

My new hat and short jacket

fortune.jpg

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

My new hat and short jacket

Oh man! That's great! I really want a short jacket. Did you make that yourself?

Thanks!

I bought the hemp canvas, osnaberg and paterns for the shirt, jacket and trousers from Reconstructing History and the buttons from Greg (GoF) Anything visable is hand sewn including the button holes. My mother-in-law did all of the sewing for me. (she really likes me)

I dyed the jacket using products from Dharma Trading Company. The hemp canvas shrunk a lot when washing out the dye. The sleeves are about 2" to short now but it dosen't really bother me.

Edited by j8ksdad

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

they had a great time !! even alex did... this was his first event... they did not want him shooting my pistol because he wasn't 18 yet ( hey, their rules... we just have to oblige ) so instead, they let him shoot the cannons !!

how cool is that for a teen ??

Edited by silas thatcher

pic of me swabbing the cannon ... doesn't show much, but you get the idea :)

DSCN1802.jpg

Silas, what unit is the Officer from? It looks like a Royal Artillery uniform, but not one that I'm familiar with.

Hawkyns

(Gunner, Royal Irish Artillery)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

Silas, what unit is the Officer from? It looks like a Royal Artillery uniform, but not one that I'm familiar with.

Hawkyns

Hey Hawkyns,

I know you were asking Silas, but he might not know the answer...

So I am going to muscle in here.... I'm not sure of the unit, but it is a crew from just North of Columbus Ohio... These folks are thinking of joining up with us pirates. I don't know if they represent a specific unit or not, but I could find out... Or Mark G knows more about them than I do, maybe he might pipe up if he knows anything.

Michael_banner.jpg

Here is a bad cell phone picture of me without my new coat on in Hampton this past weekend. I will try to find on of me in the the new coat. If not I will take one tonight at some point. Im getting there....Still need some nice PC shoes. I just cant seem to find a pair that I love. I may have to buy/trade a pair and do some upgrades. I really want them in brown and all I see is black.

l_9ae306cf1fcb4d30968a358a948deaf3.jpg

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Here is a bad cell phone picture of me without my new coat on in Hampton this past weekend.

I will try to find on of me in the the new coat. If not I will take one tonight at some point. Im getting there.

Still need some nice PC shoes. I just cant seem to find a pair that I love. I may have to buy/trade a pair and do some upgrades. I really want them in brown and all I see is black.

Good to see the before shots, 1stMate Matt. It give more to the "Ooo Ahhh" moment.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

DSCN1802.jpg

Hawkyns

Hey Hawkyns,

I know you were asking Silas, but he might not know the answer...

So I am going to muscle in here.... I'm not sure of the unit, but it is a crew from just North of Columbus Ohio... These folks are thinking of joining up with us pirates. I don't know if they represent a specific unit or not, but I could find out... Or Mark G knows more about them than I do, maybe he might pipe up if he knows anything.

uh, yeah !! what michael said !! ok, he helped out with a far better answer than i could have given... all i knew is that his name is john...

Yer coming along right nicely mate. Right as rain I say, right as rain!

Right to find shoes you want and get them right the first time. Shoes are probably the third most costly single piece of personal kit, after good arms that is!

Here is a bad cell phone picture of me without my new coat on in Hampton this past weekend. I will try to find on of me in the the new coat. If not I will take one tonight at some point. Im getting there....Still need some nice PC shoes. I just cant seem to find a pair that I love. I may have to buy/trade a pair and do some upgrades. I really want them in brown and all I see is black.

l_9ae306cf1fcb4d30968a358a948deaf3.jpg

I've not been around much, since I've been so busy between work and house hunting, but I just realized I never showed off my new clothes! I made my first ever chemise (good lord. I sewed. What in heaven's name is going on here? WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO ME?!), the stays are JAS Townsend, but the skirt and mantua? Those are all Kate Souris's GORGEOUS work! Gorgeous isn't even a strong enough word. Seriously.

mantua2.jpg

mantua.jpg

Next up, I hope to have a house soon so that I have actual ROOM in which to attempt to make some things myself. I have a heap of fabric just waiting....

It is a very "common" impression - but I adore the colors Kate picked. The color of the skirt is just this fabulous rust and with the oatmeal mantua it just speaks of simplicity. I really love how it is all coming together.