You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

I just enjoy posting pictures too much! Here is a color pic of my "dressy" garb that y'all saw a couple posts back. This is before me and my head wench "Saucy" Liz headed out to the (lame) RenFair in Moscow (craft fair). Enjoy!

n40300359_30291637_6013.jpg

I will be sure to put up pics of my other garb for you fine folk!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My compliments to ye both, Gentlemen. :ph34r: Ya both look right dashing! :)

Ye always know how to bring a smile t' this Lady's lips.

A smart look, BlackJohn. Has that... Blackbeard and Roberts mix to it. I think I am missing a couple other Pirate Gents ya look like as well... but it's a nice mix. Right nice and 'nough for a Lady t' fancy. :ph34r:

Hope ye enjoyed yerself, Theobald.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

John, you look a little like Blackbeard shortly after he decided he didn't want to be Cap'n Cleanshaven any more...

Here's me coming ashore at the end of the SWPF.

endofday.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Man you guys look great! Blackjohn, it's amazing what a wig can do for a costume! Patrick, what can I say, that thing on your head, it looks like it's sleeping. And Foxe, the perfect looking sailor! Great work, all of you!

Blackjohn, I can't see yer shoes lad. Are ye hidin' a pair o' bucket boots down there in the foliage?

I'm tellin' Petee....

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

John, you look a little like Blackbeard shortly after he decided he didn't want to be Cap'n Cleanshaven any more...

Here's me coming ashore at the end of the SWPF.

Hahaha... I believe that was the period when he was known as Blackscruff.

Cool pic Ed. It has that really nice look of authenticity about it. Pics like that, that is, without any "background clutter," can be difficult to get.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

'Young' Jim Hawkins the clean shaven pirate...(ive tried facial hair, it just doesn't work for me)

young_jim_hawkes.gif

Hmm either that tricorns too small for my head or it needs to be smushed down some. Possibly both.

Nice wall Jim!!! Looks very familiar... ;)

You know, that is an excellent hat. I believe I have seen a drawing of a 1690s guy with a hat that is cocked in the same way.

My Home on the Web

Blackjohn, I can't see yer shoes lad. Are ye hidin' a pair o' bucket boots down there in the foliage?

I'm tellin' Petee....

BRAVO!!! I'm glad you noticed the shoes hidden by the grass. That's one of the things I noted about that photo. Suffice to say, I'm wearing shoes!

Seeeeeee...

johnshoes.jpg

Another thing about these photos. Every time I look at them I think I SHOULD be wearing bucket boots. I think I look very much like some odd turn of the 18th century Eastern European dragoon... or some Cossack irregular cavalryman.

My Home on the Web

Another thing about these photos.  Every time I look at them I think I SHOULD be wearing bucket boots.

Lets see now, first I take the quote out of context, add my own interpretation and BEHOLD!

Blackjohn thinks we should all wear bucket boots!

Just (Captain) Kidding. I really must get a pic of me in my own buckle shoes to dispell the notion that I am turning to the "light" side.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

New pictures of new garb coming up... Stay tuned, campers! :rolleyes:

Oi! wearing bucket boots is turning to the "light side"? Tell me, matey! How does one hide their boot flask in buckle shoes? :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

This is some pretty cool stuff. John was the first "real" pirate I ever saw at an event.... I was in awe then, and still am now. Cheers mate.

Patrick

Dude... you rock. Not many people can pull off the "thrum" look, but by golly, you sure do!

Ed

Again, setting the standard.... but is it true that sea chest was full of twinkees???

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

but is it true that sea chest was full of twinkees???

Nah mate, freezer blocks and cold Red Bull ;):lol:

John, I was going to say that, so I'll have to content myself with "Since when do pirates drink from flasks? Barrels!"

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk