You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Very Very nice! Too bad they could not get the hat as well...Now that would be quite an ensamble..Not that it isn't with just the coat. Still all i can say is..I want one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Francois -- very nice, indeed.

I was engaged in the bidding wars on several of those Jason Isaacs coats on eBay. My only satisfaction is that I didn't let the the high bidders get them at a bargain.

Actually, all the coats I bid on went at quite a bargain (IMHO) -- they simply ended up out of my personal expendable cash range. And, after purchasing a replica Jason Isaacs hook at Port Washington, that range just shrunk, limiting my ability to obtain an actual Isaacs coat to match my hook. Rather ironic, I think.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

:lol:

And oh does that hook befit ya, Pete!

:lol::lol::lol: I STILL laugh over that little kid! Too hilarious!

It's a fine coat. And better yet... a coat that JI wore. ::Le sigh:: again, I miss out on JI stuff. I know a lass who was able to obtain one of the Tavington outfits... yes, the WHOLE thing. Including the helmet. Lucky girl.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

A fine lot of pirates! My compliments to all 3 of ya!

Blackfoot... where was that image taken at?

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Oh, Nay Blackfoot. Yer as dashing and as fine a man as ever.

The 3 of ye look like a trio that can cause enough hellish havoc to make any legion of Marines quake in their shoes. :)

Now... do forgive this Lady for being rather daft.. but Muskogee be.. where exactly? I'm no Ren faire attendee really. I can easily ramble off Rev War places than I can Ren Faires. :lol:

~Lady B

:ph34r:

We should distinguish that phrase t' be "Her Majesty's Royal Marines"..... ;)

That Blue Mermaid is sure a comely lass! I could see me crashin' int' th' rocks o'er her, fer sure!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Ahhh.. Thank ye, Blackfoot.

I'm afraid not, luv. Sad, isn't it? ;)

A fine outfit ya have there though, Blackfoot. Compliments ya emensely. :)

I pray I get that chance soon enough to meet you all. ;)

~Lady B

;)

Ahhh... I see a few new added items, Ace. Updating to the DMC Jack, eh?

Nice.

Now.. where, if I may ask, did you ge the coat? Looks familiar. Familiar as into.. looks like one that Toby has or.. had at least. I know he updated his Jack Sparrow outfit and it looked fabulous when I saw him again at Port Washington.

Or did you make the coat yourself?

BTW, all... and if MerryD doesn't mind... here's a pic of Toby as Jack Sparrow and myself.. I LOVE this picture most of all...

JackLadyBpistol.jpg

~Lady B

;)

I say that is a fine looking Sparrow hat. Your whole set up is very well done. My I ask (with out sounding like a thread counter). Is the hat a leather hat or a period correct hat (waxed over beaver pelt). I was at a Rev War event this past weekend and the vendors there had some outstanding stuff. One was a hatter who made period correct hat out of beaver pelt. Including, what was a GAOP sailors tricorn as I stated above. Check it out this guy he makes some fine hats and well worth the price.

François

Dirty Billys Hats

PyrateAvitar.jpg

I am a Free Men of The Sea I don't pillage and plunder.
I covertly acquire!

François Viete Domont de la Palmier
I haven't been accused of Pyracy...............YET

Francois, haven't a clue who you were talking specifically to.. but, with Toby... I will have to ask him for sure but I do believe he makes his hats out of leather and distresses them accordingly. He's been able to have GREAT reference since there is a gent he knows who lives in the area who has one of the Sparrow outfits from the film. I know a good couple other gents who have awesome Sparrow outfits. Toby keeps on top of the games with his costuming. It honestly stuns me every time I see him, either in person or via pictures.

But my God! Francois! That Hook coat! DAMN! :::Whimpers::: what a lucky man you are!

::le sigh:: again, if only I could have a pieces of Jason Isaacs. ;)

~Lady B

;)

Aye Lady Barbossa, I have been adding. :) Learning to cast pewter and such.

The coat and the hat are both made by Toby hisself. His coat pattern is taken directly from a screen used coat as well as the hat. He also found a good supply of a fairly accurate material. However as you may have noticed it looks quite brown Sparrows does indeed have a lot of browns in it but what with all the processing that film goes through and the various lighting, it many times looks much more grey and sometimes a bluish tint as well. So, I took a little acrylic paint to it and dry brushed a light coating of grey/blue over it and then wiped it down. It ended up being exactly what I was looking for. In some shots at a recent shoot we did for the Pirates of Harbor Bay, the coat looks blue/grey like this shot and in others it looks quite brown with hints of grey. After all, i am going for the look that most people remember seeing Sparrow as, even though i am not Jack Sparrow but rather...Jack Spareribs. :)

I also modified the hat by rubbing it down with mink oil to soften it a bit. Toby's hat is quite stiff as it's a very thin vegetable tanned leather. He soaks it to shape it and lets it dry in the proper shape. Now it keeps the shape fairly well but also gives when squished (which you can see in the film as Jack presses it against his chest in the first few shots of Jack in the film.

That should also answer your question Francois. I am a true Hollywood pirate and will use any means to create the look I'm going for. Thanks for the comment. :)

By the way the recent shots of you are fantastic!

;)

Ace.. the name you chose is priceless! My compliments, mate! :)

And my compliments to ya for a fine out fit and updates.

~Lady B

;)

:angry: :lol: Thanks Callenish. I did attend the Pirate and Smuggling Museum dressed like that. The owner liked to have fell off his stool when I walked in. The museum is small but was intresting and the owner did say he was hoping to ad more things to come. I had so much fun..*grins*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png