You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace

Wow... you really got it down. Cudos to all your efforts. You know I am not a Sparrow fan, but I support what you are doing as it certainly fills a niche.

Just curious though, to me, your Sparrow kit looks spot on, but what do you think needs improvement?

Also, what do you think is the hardest part of the Sparrow "kit"?

Greg aka GoF

Thanks GOF,

The kit is close. My breeches are not proper at the moment and neither is my pistol. I don't have functional pockets on my waistcoat. Little junk like that is always being improved.

As far as the most difficult aspect... That would have to be the hair/head sash. Getting it to all sit properly and achieve "the look" is not easy. And then getting it to stay that way while performing, playing, or just walking all day at a festival in the heat.

It's too bad you can't make it across the St. Lawrence and down to Sterling on pirates weekend...we will be missin' ye. That's a nice set up...were the movie goers interested and respond well to you?

Mags

It was interesting.

There are people in this world that a canon going off next to them wouldn't even get a look.

I'd say about 80% of people stopped and cheered or watched.

20% tried to be polite Canadians and just ignored us.

Inside the theater it was crazy. People were cheering during the fight. Unfortunately, the radio station gave away that we were doing something before each show. Many people brought camera.... flashes everywhere.

The little kids were the best. We gave little gold coins to 'prospective crew', only if we got a really good "Arrrrr!". The kids loved it :huh:

They won't soon forget their time with the Pirates!

Here are more pics in the thead "what are you doing for PotC2" including a full pic of our space. The sails and cordage we got from the local tall ship really helped the look. That's the Briginteen StLawrenceII that comes down for the Pirate fest in Alexandria Bay NY.

It is a shame I can't make the pirates weekend. I've got two other events happening the same time. I'm already ducking out of our fencing groups next demo that is that weekend. :huh:

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

wir250.jpg

Trading card Done by: Kings Pyrate!! Thanks Joe!!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

wir250.jpg

Trading card Done by: Kings Pyrate!! Thanks Joe!!

Tis my pleasure Ma'm...glad you like it...send your pirate friends & I'll make them cards and pirate pages...as I get the time...did ye get to go pirat'n this past weekend?

KP

mmb.gif

It was ok, I didn't get to stay but 2 hrs, so all I did was sit in the lobby and wave. I did get pics taken with the group, but I didn't do much else. So for me it wasn't very productive. The group however did so well they got asked back this week end to do it all over again.

This experience has taught me 2 things

1. I need to pick promos more carefully (closer to where I live) , By the time I got home I was completely whiped out!

2. I need to find someone to do this kind of stuff with me. "A partner in crime" Abbot And Costello

Actually more like Hepburn & Tracy If any one is interested and you live in or can come to Pinellas County (Clearwater/Largo) contact me!

Edited by Kendra The Sea Maid

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

That looks very nice, indeed, Kendra! And King's Pirate did an awesome job with the design! Me hat's off to ye both! ;);)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

:ph34r::huh: Thank you !

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Good picture of you William, but you need to PhotoShop the photographer's shadow out of the lower left of the triangle. You know how to use PhotoShop, right? (Joke! Joke! Toungue firmly in cheek there)

And you say Tempest was wearing a hat?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...