You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a photo of myself and youngest son Patrick taken this afternoon on The grounds of the Casements (Rockefeller's old Mansion) at the Ormond Beach(Florida) 2nd annual Book Bash.

It was another hot Florida day inspite of being on the river and all in white...sold lots of books, did a radio interview, met lots of nice people and had lots of fun.

joepatcasements.jpg

King's Pyrate... looks great... but maybe just a little too much on the clean side... :lol:

OK... maybe as a world famous writter, you gotta do the clean bit..... but aaargh... your son could be a dirty scummy Pyrate...... :rolleyes:

( I hope that typed out funny as intended........)

Argh... (That's frustration, not pirate-speak)

I couldn't even post a link to my Klingon and Civil War photos (which are located in respective Yahoo Groups folders).

Alright, I'll take pix of myself in my Pirate garb later today, and THAT (and ONLY that) will prompt me to finally open a photobocket account and post the damned things.

Much-promised photos forthcoming. This time for real.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Well, I be a pickleheaded pirate.....

I be sittin' on the cusp o' 'can use this here buggery machine' to 'don't ask me why it will never co-opry-ate'!

I been tryin' t' post one, bloody photo since I came t' this here pub......

an' it be strikin' me pic e'ery time......an' don't even gets me started on that there avatar....... :lol:

Iffen I  gets a pirate volunteer I'd be willin' to email them the photo an' then THEY could do it an' then say it was me.......

That be known as.....Blonde Logic........

:lol:

Holdin' me photo as ye read this........

:)

~Foxmorton

Mimi,

Feel free to email me (so I have your address). I'll respond (so you have mine) and you can send me whatever you've got. I'll resize it for you, post it on my website and send you the links so you can post them yourself. I'll even create an avatar friendly one if you tell me which photo you want to use and how much of it you want seen.

-Mission/Caraccioli

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

King's Pyrate... looks great... but maybe just a little too much on the clean side... :lol:

OK... maybe as a world famous writter, you gotta do the clean bit..... but aaargh... your son could be a dirty scummy Pyrate...... :lol:

( I hope that typed out funny as intended........)

Yep!....looks clean in the morning but but the afternoon we were not quite so pristine, with the wind blowing sand and dirt and a few hot dogs lbut true might not be the everyday true pirate look....in fact on short notice I could not get Patrick regular pirate pants so I grabbed him a nice pair of baseball pants.....they looked just fine.

KP

Rumba, the skinny one is my 14yr. old and he eats twice what I do! He's as tall as me and won't stop! Got any ideas? The Big'un is my best friend and brother Ed, he's dropped over a hundred pounds in the last year. He's got the same B.D. as me only a year younger.

Funny though I never noticed the size comparison! Good one! :)

Capt. Bo

Well... let's see if I did this correctly... Here I am in all my piratical finery:

PeteStraw2.jpg

Well, I'll be... It seems to have worked. Wanna see a Klingon?

KlingonJeff.jpg

... Or a Civil War guy?

JDinkle.jpg

Okay, that's enough for now. I cannot believe it worked, after all this time.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

About that Happy Pirate grin -- I was deliberately mimicking the Captain Morgan pose (a bottle of Spiced Rum is sitting just off camera for reference). I made the hat, the coat, the waistcoat & the belt. The shirt is from International Male (Xmas present), and the trowsers and boots are Civil War gear. Probably this weekend I will get new pictures incorporating my new breeches (finished this morning during my commute) and buckle-shoes.

The Klingon? I require two hours to do that make-up, which is why I charge extra to perform Klingon weddings. Made the entire outfit (except the pajama pants), and the Russian Air Force boots (but I affixed the metal spikes in the toes!).

Civil War outfit: Did not make the pants nor Brogans (shoes), but I made everything else (hat, tunic, gloves, belt, haversack and unseen shirt and braces [suspenders]).

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Sorry ... misplaced punctuation. The Russian boots belonged within the parentheses identifying those Klingon items I did not make.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

This is a great topic thread: Who you want to see in thir pirate garb.

But ever since it surfaced, I have wanted to note that a much, much more interesting thread would be "Who you want to see OUT of their pirate garb." Except that would probably fall outside of the general PG-13 guideline...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg