How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, sorry to hear about the Achillies tendon, Tradewind.

:o :::hugs to Cheeky::: what happened now?

:::another hugs to MerryD::::

Ransom and Rumba... those both sound VERY good.

Welp... I'm exhausted. Finally recovered from the Port Wash event this past weekend. But NOT prepared at all for what's happening here.

I didn't go to work cause I had NO clue if I would be able to get back home. Glad I didn't go (despite they are pissed that I didn't) cause yes, all but two bridges are closed! The main route I take is closed due to the flood waters. The alternate route I take is also closed off. The only other way is for me to go further south, down and around, come up and get onto I-380 and deal with LOTS of traffic (since it's the only route to get from the west side to the east side and vice versa), generally an hours worth of crap for two pathetic hours of work. I don't think so. Won't justify the gas I have to blow. Plus, I helped out a friend who's store is threatened downtown by the approaching waters. Moved everything up onto the second and third floors. Sandbags were already put out front.

While attempting to get into downtown to drop off boxes for her and leave, I took what pictures I could. It was absolute hell! Waters blocking roads faster than the police could catch up. And what does everyone do? Come down town to sight see! Oh, pissed me off when I'm trying to get back down town with boxes as they were getting wet with some most rain!

Did a bit of unexpected sandbagging as I and Dalton walked a couple blocks to the levy (having parked at a gas station that's sandbagged and moved a lot of stuff out earlier). The levy seemed to hold for now. But was being compromised in other areas. So, while leaving the levy, assisted some folks who rushed up with sandbags to attempt to stop or hold back the gushing water that was springing up from the storm drains. Maybe a futile effort but it actually somewhat helped. The waters were already up to the foundation of their home cause of the storm drain that was overlooked.

And the downtown store of the BBQ place I work for is NOT being sandbagged or anything. So, guaranteed, that store will be a loss as there is at least 4 feet of water yet to go on the river and that will cause the water to go over the levies and cement walls into all the areas. They are calling this the 500 year flood.

My sister is suppose to evacuate. It's not a full mandetory, but it's not voluntary either. It's kinda in between. She's near the edge of the evacuation point but within the bounds and will risk remaining until the police come knocking upon her door to tell her to leave immediately. In which she'll come here since I'm closer and I'm on higher ground (despite I'm just over a hundred yards away from the river). She's suppose to call me when she's on her way over. She better get out of there. Cause last I saw, the waters were around 2 feet deep on average and the closest was about 3 or 4 blocks away from her. Especially if the levies are being compromised and leaking... she better get her bum out of there.

Luckily, the girls (Hailey and Sydney) are an hour away down south with mom and John and no where near in danger. Cause otherwise the girls would be freaking out.

So... generally exhausted from the day. And another day tomorrow. Going job hunting (where I can get to) and possibly going down to the public works to help with efforts and/or sandbagging if it's needed. Sandbagging is only helping to slightly minuimize the damage. But not halting the damage at all. It's too late for a lot of areas already.

Waterloo (MerryD's town) has been hit hard. Vinton (north of Cedar Rapids, south of Waterloo) has been hit hard and without power. Palo is under a mandetory full city evacuation. And the water is flowing over the Coralville Spillway for the second time ever!

This is worse than 1929 and 1993.

And again.... more rain and storms and waters from up north on the way.

We need a ship here. Seriously... we need a ship now! :o

~Lady B

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well... a hug is a begining.

I know JUST what you mean however.

If you wanna talk just PM.... I'll be off line until tomorrow morning though. Back to the Dr's fer me, Yo Ho! :rolleyes:

Update...Much better now...

I cleaned up the blood, threw away any the gun and now feeding the next door neighbor's pigs the remains.

All is good with world... :lol:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

:rolleyes:   I sooo hope it's not your Martian Boss causing you such anger.

Thank you Ramson and Iron Bess...you're both so kind.

Lady B! I just heard reports about Cedar Rapdis being evacuated do to the river and flash flooding.

Be safe there...

Looks like our KISHWAUKEE VALLEY VIGILANCE COMMITTEE's annual trip to Usher's Ferry in Cedar Rapids, IA might be cancelled. We have a Wild West Event there in two weeks.

The Event Coordinator, Ann C. has informed us that 80 percent of the site is under water and there is a chance of buildings floating off their foundations.

I felt sick to my stomach when I read her email. This is a very cool site which we could do a lot of things...including bunking in the buildings over night not to mention actually cooking in the kitchen(s), working with tools, working with period correct equipment!

This wonderful late 1800s site is now roughly under 20 feet of water...and it doesn't bode well once the waters receed, either.

Member of "The Forsaken"

WAAAAHHHH... I MISS my crewe....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

had the surgery but sore and swollen. Still, better knowing they didnt have to take the whole thing.. and the water is recedeing slowly. We can cross 1 of 6 bridges now, instead of driving 10 miles out of the way.

seriously, I used to kid about being land-locked pirates.. I may have to change that!!

and Cheeky, and Sterling, and everyone on the Archangel, it was good to see you. MadDog, thank you.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

had the surgery but sore and swollen. Still, better knowing they didnt have to take the whole thing..

(easy hug) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Good news, indeed, Mary. :lol::huh:

How do I feel?

EXCITED

Leaving for NorCal tonight. Pirates, a ship, guns, rum, songs, parties...more pirates. How much better could it get. Oh, and NO tornados, just a good, stiff weatherly breez. :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

still sore and swollen but the nurse said its normal for this stage..

also, the friendship I have found here really helps out.. There are times when I wonder why I fight against the crap in my life, and then I see the strength and hope here.

Ransom, good luck on your trip and thanks for the pirate luv!

Iron Bess- your quiet and sometimes fiesty zest keeps me going.

thank you both!

cheeky and rat, thank you for the smiles.. does my heart good.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Anxious, homicidal, on the edge!!

Stuck here at work for another 4 hours but I be itch'n t' head north for th' faire!!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

and Cheeky, and Sterling, and everyone on the Archangel, it was good to see you. MadDog, thank you.

oi...thank you fer wot???? wot the hell did i do???? i didna do nuthin but stand back and watch!!!!.... :lol: ....talk 'bout feelin helpless.....got no control nor no say in the matters.....but God did give me extremely wide shoulders...great for cryin upon....if only i could reach them too?!?!

and remeber.....God only gives us as much as we can handle....just sometimes wished he didnt have so much confidense in us.....

really had/have a lot of prayer chains with yer name on them...pulled out all the guns... :huh: ..late father's family is southern baptist...mum 's family is four square gosbel and methodist....ex-wifes family is catholic.....now married to a Greek/Macedonian Orthodox(christian)...even called the crazy Mormon Aunt and the old Pagan Hippie down the road.....made em ALL put ya on there lists....one of ems gotta work!!!....

:huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Frustrated. The person whose spot I took is possibly coming back. He's been in the position I now hold for three years and he's great at what we do. I on the other hand had no training but what I taught myself and have held the position for nearly two months. There is not room for two of us to hold the same position in our store so im on pins and needles...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

kill him and hide the body... just my inside voice, Siren!

LadyB wanted me to post that she is ok but a bit water-logged. She is pretty much stuck in town, with low water usage and a curfew at night to stop the looters. I"ll be going down, if they let me through, with as much water as I can carry and a hand truck for moving stuff... I'll see about some bleach and garbage bags too.. the trip that is normally an hour will be around an hour or two. Should be interesting!

keep your prayers going for her and that the water goes down fast. I woke up with no power, but after 45 minutes had it back. Must be the power company doing repairs down the road.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Good to hear Lady B is doing okay. I of course was concerned after hearing about the floods on the news. How about you Merry, how are you doing? *hugs to you* Sorry this has happened to you, but you're tough and I know you will beat this. :ph34r:

I'm doing better today, yesterday started off bad. For quite awhile now I had a handle on the stress and anxiety. Things were going well, but then something going on at my work triggered me to stress again. I tried my best to not let it get to me, but then some minor things as well also stressed me out. It caused a mild anxiety attack. I say minor because I was able to stay calm. I was mad at myself for letting this happen. A resident at my work is harassing me. In front of me he just asks dumb questions, but behind my back he's trying to pry into my personal life. He's going around talking to people about me. One of my co-workers told me it's creepy cuz he's so fixated on me. He's a bit younger than some of the other residents, he's in his mid 60s. He's in a motorized chair due to a surfing accident. He only moved in about 3 years ago because his mother was in the alzheimer unit. She died at the beginning of this month, but yet he doesn't seem to have any interest in moving out. The job itself is not the problem, it's him. I've been told he's also jealous of my guyfriend. He wants to know all he can about him. Lately tho I've just been pushing it from my mind and not letting it get to me. I just consider the source, he's pathetic and bored with nothing better to do with his time. I was doing okay until I was told he's going around talking about me all the time. When next I go in I'm going to speak to my manager about this. This has to stop! If they don't do something I'll either quit or at least look into medical leave. This really has stressed me out bad. I just can't handle stress the same way I used to. Wish me luck when I speak to my manager. I really hope she puts a stop to this crap! :o

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

had the surgery but sore and swollen. Still, better knowing they didnt have to take the whole thing.. and the water is recedeing slowly. We can cross 1 of 6 bridges now, instead of driving 10 miles out of the way.

seriously, I used to kid about being land-locked pirates.. I may have to change that!!

And good to see ye as well... still keepin ye in our prayers and they be for a complete recovery.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Lady B! I just heard reports about Cedar Rapdis being evacuated do to the river and flash flooding.

Be safe there...

Looks like our KISHWAUKEE VALLEY VIGILANCE COMMITTEE's annual trip to Usher's Ferry in Cedar Rapids, IA might be cancelled. We have a Wild West Event there in two weeks.

The Event Coordinator, Ann C. has informed us that 80 percent of the site is under water and there is a chance of buildings floating off their foundations.

I felt sick to my stomach when I read her email. This is a very cool site which we could do a lot of things...including bunking in the buildings over night not to mention actually cooking in the kitchen(s), working with tools, working with period correct equipment!

This wonderful late 1800s site is now roughly under 20 feet of water...and it doesn't bode well once the waters receed, either.

Yes, Cheeky. Cringe and cry. Last I heard of reports of Usher's Ferry... it wasn't good. :D But I don't know. No one has been able to get to Ushers Ferry. And I know there are a good number of CR citizens stranded that way. :lol: Poor things.

Rumba Rue set up a Thread under the Beyond Piracy section. I did a little update there. Having finally been able to pop on after a couple days of attempting with no luck due to communication lines so busy. Even my sister and I have had troubles with our cell phones.

It's incredibly unbelieveable and unimaginable.

But, yes, I don't think it's good for Usher's Ferry at all. :D

Thanks to all for yo'r prayers. Water is rather rocky but barely stable for drinking at least. Anything else is out of the question.

MerryD and I have been trying our best to remain in contact as Waterloo got hit just as bad as Cedar Rapids did. So... I know the water is still high up north, too, with recent rains further north. That's all coming down this way... again. It's making us all cringe. Even with all the rains and storms lately.

It's been quite the challenge here in Iowa... that's for sure.

To all I saw at Port Wash... Thanks for the fun time. :) Granted now I haven't had the time to work on pictures or even consider recalling the event. :D But pictures of Port Wash and also of the Flood will be put up soon enough.

MadL... Christine... and everyone else. Hugs to you all. Oh, the challenges in life. What interesting ones that come our way for sure and break us to be humble and know humility and be incredibly meek.

Hang in there, Christine.

Syren... I'm with MerryD... hide the body. :D

But for now... this exhausted lady need some rest to deal with another day in the flood prone world of Cedar Rapids. God help us as there are suppose to be storms off and on on Sunday. :D NOT what we need.

May go out to help with the animals who are flood victims, too. Many of them left behind. Poor things.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I tried to drive down there with as much water as I could carry for LadyB and her family, then found out another storm was headed that way. I didnt want to end up another 'guest' at LadyB's Drop On Inn. I'll try later on this week or maybe Sunday.

I was shopping at Target and started to feel tired. Ended up calling the surgeon cause I felt so tired. I guess I did too much too soon. I'm glad I wasnt on the road, getting so tired.

Right now, I can get down there (about 48 miles) in 1 1/2 hours, then another hour to a friends house (who owes me dinner) If I get caught down there when the last road goes under water, its at least a 4 hour trip around the flooded area. We had a freaky bad storm last night here, water driven under the window sashs, lightning, BAD winds. I"m getting tired of battening down the hatches.

http://www.myspace.com/godivalover

I have some pics up on myspace of the flood just around me, or go to MSN for more and look up Cedar Rapids, IA. or use this link for the Iowa DOT pics... very scary! look up the Union Pacific bridge in Waterloo and the Fort Atkinson bridge.

http://iowadot.gov/floods/2008gallery.html

Christine.. I feel for you hun, I have negative and annoying people around me at work. About the best advice I can give is try to sort out your battles, and decide which ones you need to fight, and which ones you can just pass on by. I have a friend who wears a stone bead bracelet. He fingers each stone, and by the end, he is more calm. The cold of the stones helps him cool down his emotions.

Good luck, my friend!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

...and Cheeky, and Sterling, and everyone on the Archangel, it was good to see you. MadDog, thank you.

(A bit late on this response :rolleyes: )

Merrydeath,

Sending you lots of well wishes and prayers with your recovery. It was great to see you again.

I know that you've been a bit 'tired' as of late...it is to be expected, but you are strong and will recover quite quickly...I am sure of it!

Just take your time...and have faith...

Member of "The Forsaken"

OMG... I'm exhausted and tis only the beginning of the season...sleep....I want to sleep... send all get well cards care of Martha Jefferson Hospital...ugh...

Crewe of the Archangel