Pirate tattoos

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be nautical themed but not traditional pirate. A celtic type design (for me Irish ancestors) with a couple sea creatures entwined in it. I don't care for large tattoos on females.

Grace lass,

Check out the site for Pat Fish. She is a supreme artist for Celtic knot works. There are photos galore to inspire you and you can even download a few patterns.

She's right inspiring that one! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:ph34r: RRRRosalinda! 'bout them, er, guidelines...'ow many blokes do I hafta waylay o' them guidelines ta be usin' me grapple?? :huh:

All of 'em! And that begs the question: how many cat fights would I have to engage in to be usin' mine?

Blush! Me timbers have been shivered!

:huh:

As far as tattoos, I have no idea about how much they hurt. My cousin has a Tweety on her belly, a Celtic sun across her lower back and one...nevermind. She said that she would have the one on her tummy done over a hundred times before she would EVER get another one on her back.

My other cousin has a tattooed bracelet on one arm and (her favorite bird) a hummingbird at an ornate flower on her ankle. She said that the bracelet hurt a little, but the bird on her ankle hurt like a SOB.

My honey has three tattoos. One from the army with a flag, an eagle and "Live Free Or Die" underneath it (He's a New Hampshire boy). He has one with a rose honoring September 11, and one of a beautiful sunset. They are all on his upper arms. He said that they hurt, but someone told him that his upper arm was the best place to put it.

I've heard that your belly, your upper arm or your arse are the best places to get tattoos done...they don't hurt as bad. There's more fleshy tissue to pad the injury.

And I would say for the price...$40 and up. I got a simple navel piercing at a shop, and it was $40. I'll try not to mention the fact that the gal at the parlor grabbed too big of a chunk of skin to pierce and therefore it never got well and had to be taken out. She also used a hoop instead of a curved barbell to hold it! But, I won't complain...you live--you learn.

And, most (reputable) parlors will not allow you through the door, much less in the chair, if you've been drinking. So, nix the rum, bite your tongue (unless that's what you're decorating) and try not to scream loud enough to make the cops come...

Before you decide to get a tat, make sure that the place is clean, the techs use gloves, and ALWAYS use a new needle! They should open the pack right in front of you and chunk it in a sharps container when they're done! Steer clear of anything less.

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

And I would say for the price...$40 and up. I got a simple navel piercing at a shop, and it was $40. I'll try not to mention the fact that the gal at the parlor grabbed too big of a chunk of skin to pierce and therefore it never got well and had to be taken out. She also used a hoop instead of a curved barbell to hold it! But, I won't complain...you live--you learn.

I have been suffering this past month due to some multi-piercing I had done on my ear and cartiladge. It took like 8 weeks til I could sleep on that side of my head. Now 2 out of the three are mostly healed and one still hurts. I came so close to yanking them all out. The one was so swollen I put the earing in and then put a bandaid over it, with no backing because it was too tight. I do believe a tattoo would have been less painful. In future reference if you get upper ear piercings, go to a piercing place (not a mall type store) and have it done with a needle, not a gun. Far less swelling and chance of scar tissue. (this learned from my 19yo daughter after the fact)

Called our local tattoo parlor this morning. They do piercing, too. Had an extra hole done in one ear many years ago so I could wear a single stud along with a pair of earrings...but it turns out they did it in the wrong ear. I heard something about if you wear a single stud in one ear, it means something, as in your sexual persuasion...depending on which ear it's in.

I think I should have the other ear pierced now since I'm confused about what ear means what. Not that there's anything wrong with alternative life styles...but mine's not alternative.

Also picking out my tattoo tonight. Think I'm going with the rose on the shoulder (back side) where it won't show up unless I want it to.

Maybe after that I'll do the skull & crossbones...that's really the one I want but I'm not sure how it will look in 25 years. Or the rose for that matter...What I'm really after is a pirate's brand!

Who knows what I'll walk out with...other than an empty bottle.............

Yo ho HO!

:huh:

I'm happy with the look of my ear piercings. I have three lower piercings and one cartiladge. Hopefully the water will have warmed up a bit. If so I'm going swimming since the salt water is good for healing.

Let me know how you make out with the tatt. I want to know how painful it is, since I really want to do this. I will most likely get it done in the keys while there for Pirates in Paradise.

Aye Ladds n' Lassies,

All goode advice on tats n' piercin's...

Most o' mine were done by friends o' mine wotown a Tat n' Piercin' shop....

Royaliste, the A&D ointment works great, but there's this great stuff that most tat shops sell called 'tattoo goo' i find it works better n' th' plain ol' ointment... And whatever ya do DON'T use Neosporin... it'll actually make the ink lines blur...

And for piercin's yep th' mall type places... suck, unless ye just want the ol' earlobe done.... much better doin' it with the tubes at a piercin' place... cleaner, better job, etc....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I have my left earlobe stretched out to 7/8"

I started with just a standard ear piercing and slowly stretched it out to that size over about 6 months time.

it hurt some at first,but after it started stretching it loosened up and I just kept putting a slightly larger ring in it once a week.

now I have in it an antique piece of horn that I carved into a ring .

I also have two other piercings in the same ear and have one ring going through both holes.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

Went to the Lucky 7 Tattoo Salon after dinner yesterday. The guys were really nice about it, but insisted I sleep on it. Said they wouldn't do a woman who had never had a Tattoo before otherwise.

I looked through the portfolio, and the work seems good enough, but they do use inks...not minerals.

I told one of the guys what I wanted: either a rose or a skull & crossbones. He suggested a small skull & crossbones with a rose stuck in one of the eyes. If I'm not mistaken, that's a Grateful Dead album cover, isn't it???????????

Anyway, they sent me off with two temporary tattoos that they said would last about a week. Both are Celtic tattoos (like the ones you might have seen in the movie "The Mists of Avalon"...kinda spiky and one wraps around the upper arm. They used a stencil and an airbrush...insisted that I would know whether I'd want a real tattoo after wearing this for about a week. So, Grace, you might look into having a temp. tattoo done until you make up your mind on the design. Just to try it on for a week or so. I never knew this was an option.

I do like the one that wraps around my arm up near the shoulder. But it feels looks and feels kinda Butch at the moment...I don't think I want anything that visible. Makes me feel like a sailor...not a pirate.

A "Royaliste" brand across the arse would be fine, too, as long as there's not a copyright or trademark symbol that would brand itself into my hide right along with it. But that would also imply that I was chattle....or a slave.

I have a Polynesian design on my outer calf, just below the knee. It's approx. 4 in. across. Pain scale 1 out of 10. Perhaps because of the very fine needle used to do the design (not filled in). Also, the meaty flesh areas hurt less than thinner skin areas.

Forget the fear- forget the pain- enjoy your body and your art B)

Black Pearl

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine

:) You can get a pirate 'brand' for cheap! jest sit yer fanny on the number one gun when she's hot, the raised lettering in the casting will stamp ye wif' 'Royaliste' on yer heinie! B)

That's hysterical!! How many females have you marked like that, you randy barnacle?

My tats aren't really pirate oriented, though I have a dragon on my thigh, a tree with a crescent moon cradling a harp on my right shoulder, a knotwork sun on my left, and my daughter's names beneath them, and a butterfly on the inside of my right arm.. OUCH!!! I have a few piercings too... heehee...

Out of curiosity, and I am having a spirited debate with my mother-in-law (who is INTO historic romance novels, and is under the notion that my pirate erotica is supposed to be historically accurate) can somebody tell me:

Just how historically accurate is nipple piercings? I wrote about a wily pirate lass captain who had them so she could compete with her brothers for toughness... and a couple of hot male leads have them too... How weird am I??

B)

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Well as much as you all like pain, not me! Sure I'd love to get a very small one (a pentacle with celtic knotwork over my left breast), but I cannot endure the pain, much less the sight of a needle and blood. I give enough of my bloodletting when I make me costumes!

Also, once you get a tattoo, you are unable to give blood at the blood banks, and in my case, my partner who does do that sort of thing, wouldn't be able to donate either, as being with me ....well that's what the law is here in Calif.

But hey, I got one of those fake tattoos with the skull and swords from POTC, works for me!

RumbaRue

**Better safe than sorry** :)

Another temporary option that can be fun is henna. The traditional henna can be very pale yellow or reddish brown. They now make a black that looks very much like real tattoos and will last about 1 to 3 weeks. Some people do have a bad reaction to the black henna, so if you have sensitive skin, you might want to try it on a very small area first. So find an artistic friend and have fun!! B)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Aye Ladds n' Lassies,

Interestin' wot california has fer donatin' blood laws... here, ye can nay donate fer a year... tha's it... so I donate when I can... which be very infrequently lately.... I keep gettin' another one, or havin' a lil touch upwork done...

Pain n' blood.... aye it can hurt, but ony fer th' first few minutes, then it be just annoyin'... Blood, unless ye have light colours bein' put in, ye can nay sees th' blood thru th' excess ink...

Brands... I'll pass, done enough o' that accidentally... workin' on vehicle engines, usin' solderin' irons, n' doin' weldin'...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org