Pirate tattoos

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years my son begged me for permission to get a tattoo with one of my own designs -- the Celtic Dragons. He wanted it big, full across his back. I wouldn't give permission -- wanted him to wait till he was older and knew for sure what he wanted. Now, since he's been of age and not needing my permisson his truck and his girlfriend takes all his money, so still no tattoo. We mothers can be devious. He does still want the tattoo though.

Here's the design he wanted (at least he has good taste):

http://www.noquartergiven.net/images/celticdrgns.jpg

Ironically his fiancee has several tattoos.

I've been thinking of a tattoo for myself -- I have a Rose design in a celtic border I'm playing with. I really like the stark b/w tribal designs and celtic patterns.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Beautiful design Jamaica Rose...

But Royaliste, although branding the raised letters from the six-pounder onto me backside might be be an option, I think if I had me druthers, I'd go with the flourishing R's with the one facing backerds, as the Royaliste carries on the aft cabin window...

Then, when me grandchildren gather 'round to hear me tell the tales o' the days when thier granny sailed under a pirate cap'n, I kin drop me bloomers, show 'em me double RR's and say

"Aye kids! 'Tis a true story and here be the very mark o' the Royaliste to prove it is so! The Royaliste were the most feared pirate on the bay in her day! And she were known as the ship where even the R's are a wee bit twisted.... like her captain!!!!"

:(

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Jamaica,

that is a roit beautiful dragon knot.most anyone I know would be proud to have a design like that on their bodies.

:)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

Eric's drafted a new flag for the old girl, I'll email it

I'm hoping you'll share that new flag with all of us

:ph34r:

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• 2 weeks later...