Pirate tattoos

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Now, that said, don't believe any stuff about it don't hurt. I have many, all hurt like hell, and I'm tough. But, that's the trade, skin art for an initial pain session. Good art isn't cheap, either. Need more, lass?? B) Elbows and similar joints hurt the worst. This is why you see 'spiderwebs' over elbows, too much pain for solid ink. Mine's solid. Inside of elbow is called 'the ditch', very painful, swelling like a dead hog, next?

Grace-

are ye talkin' traditional nautical tattoos,

or just anything "piratical" in nature?

Personally I don't have one, although

I've designed & Illustrated one for myself

and have just been waiting to go do it.

As far as WHERE you get them, YES they

can hurt, especially if they're done close to a bone

or say the under portion of you arm, or some

other "sensative" area!!! B)

I suppose a person's pain tolerence has a lot to

do with it also. For me, mine wil be what my avatar is,

my own personal ode to the POTC talking skull!

Cheers

Redhand

B)

I've been thinking about that, too. A lot. We have a nice little tatoo parlor right here in Longmont, Colorado.

But I want something that will still look good when I'm 85 or so...not that anyone will be looking at it by then.

I need to consider long and hard where I have this tatoo placed. And what it should be.

Scull & Crossbones (on the ankle or upper thigh, or GAM as ya'll call it)

A Rose (on the shoulder)

Jack Sparrow (on the arse)

Sparrow.gif

Any suggestions? Does it hurt? How much does it cost...I realize prices will vary...

Our crewe, all 10 of The Pyrates, are planning to line up our arses and get the same tattoo in Key West at the Fest. We decided a nice skull and crossbones below the waterline on our butts would be a nice place - and from thence on we'll get them whenever we go on an out of town voyage next to one another.

Come join us!!!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Royaliste - nice work. You won't see me sporting anything so intricate (er painful). I am thinking much smaller, in the upper area between my shoulder blades. Single color. It will be nautical themed but not traditional pirate. A celtic type design (for me Irish ancestors) with a couple sea creatures entwined in it. I don't care for large tattoos on females.

I have twin sons who will be turning 16 this week and they have been bugging me to give them permission for a tattoo since as long as I can remember. The one son is something of a nautical artist. He paints surf boards and misc. and has been working up sketches for the past 6 months.

Well, we will see. I have wanted to do this before and always chicken out.

Grace-

Check out the book of kells, and maybe run a search

for celtic art on the web. I used to have a bunch on my old

hard drive...which is inaccessable now due to a bad monitor,

but I had some really cool celtic horses, sea creatures, birds

dragons & etc. Some of those have incredible design to them,

I also have an irish background....hence the interest.

I've designed a few tats for friends, as well as for myself...

now if I just had the cash to spend on 'em....well maybe

if I quit buying new toys all the time B)B)

Cheers

Redhand

B)

Well, chimin' in on the PAIN discussion here, yep, they hurt. The one that goes across me spine hurt the worst. The ones done on areas where there is more fat underneath the skin hurt the least. But they was all memorable in the doin' B)

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Rosalinda - that's one way to get intimate with Capt. Sparrow

Redhand - I saw a neat celtic mermaid. I have been doing searches under celtic. I would like to find celtic seacreatures.

Hurricane - the tattoo will be painful enough without having to bare me arse. But perhaps I could come watch all ye brave pirates getting the tatts. Better yet, I could charge admission. Who here on the boards wants to watch a brave pirate crew getting their bare bums inked. How does $5. sound. I swear I'll spit the profits with ye. I promise, no cameras, LOL.

I wonder what all our real pirates get to thinking whenever we females start sighing over a movie pirate.

I should think that POTC would enormously help the love lives of all the available pirates on these boards, even if it is as a substitute.

Aye. We've seen the "action" around our place pick up considerably...so there are no complaints when I suggest we go see POTC again.

I recall when we were in the Bahamas several years ago... for a week staying at the Atlantis Hotel. We went to the Pirates Museum on Paradise Island...had a similar effect on me. It's a Win-Win situation.

I'm assuming the love lives of all the real pirates on these boards has never suffered much...and now it's probably better than ever.

Something about dangerous (yet adorable) men always fascinates me. I don't know why that is.

:ph34r:

:ph34r: Well Grace, it ain't done nuttin' fer mine, actually backfired, so far. Get tons of kids comin' by wif ma to lookey the pirate ship, not many available pirate queens with alla the whippersnappers on the dock. And when they are around, privacey gets tough with 'Lookey mommy, a pirate ship!' nuttin' wrong wif the little bucaneers mind you, but nothing to do wif me sex life..... :ph34r:

:ph34r: Well Grace, it ain't done nuttin' fer mine, actually backfired, so far. Get tons of kids comin' by wif ma to lookey the pirate ship, not many available pirate queens with alla the whippersnappers on the dock. And when they are around, privacey gets tough with 'Lookey mommy, a pirate ship!' nuttin' wrong wif the little bucaneers mind you, but nothing to do wif me sex life..... :ph34r:

Well...I imagine the moms are just bringing their kids along as an excuse! That's what I would do anyway. Then move in for the kill later...

:ph34r:

Well Grace, it ain't done nuttin' fer mine, actually backfired, so far. Get tons of kids comin' by wif ma to lookey the pirate ship, not many available pirate queens with alla the whippersnappers on the dock. And when they are around, privacey gets tough with 'Lookey mommy, a pirate ship!' nuttin' wrong wif the little bucaneers mind you, but nothing to do wif me sex life

That's a sad state of affairs. Everywhere I go, there be females who love Jack Sparrow and be wanting a real pirate, at least for a night.

Captain - do you live aboard? This is something I've always wanted to do. I have spent nights and weekends aboard, and have lately started to do calculations for living aboard. Practical stuff like space limitations and $$$ and such.

Thank you for the help. I will have questions. I'm a ways away from being ready to do this. I need to improve my sailng skills. As a youngster I spent alot of time on and around boats but have been busy and lax for quite some time. I've been doing research, but there's very little good practical advice out there.

I would need to be employed for awhile, so I would be needing to settle in a warmer port then here. I know there are folks who live aboard here, but they need bubblers, and wrap their boats in plastic, etc..

I am getting serious about my writing, in hopes that at least thru magazine articles and some newpaper stringing, I might reach a livable income.