Pirate tattoos

:ph34r: Separating liveaboards into two groups, anchor outs and marina residents, marina residents where there are liveaboards around my neck of the woods tend to be chock a block with artists,writers, an eclectic mix of community. Not really retirement weather here, so we tend to be industrious, not recluse. My helmsman is a writer, wrote 'Band of Brothers', among others. Good things come from marina living. :ph34r:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye,

Alla me tattoos hurt, some more'n others.... dependin' on where ye gets 'em...

Iffn' yer wanten' period type o' tats, yer ink colour choices be limited ta black, dark blue, dark red...

I been tryin' ta keep all mine proper, so as ta be able ta have 'em show while doin' a reenactment, etc....

As fer nautical, sea serpents from charts be goode, simple geometric designs too...

At present, I be tryin' ta find some Hawaiian traditional tats, small ones, ta have as me next.... see mebee iffn' there's documentation if one o' Cap'n Cooks crew got inked there...

I see 'bout postin' some pics o' me ink...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

My helmsman is a writer, wrote 'Band of Brothers'
This is very cool. My sons (who are not big history buffs) and I sat thru this twice. I am actually thinking of plunking down the $80. to buy the dvd set. I've also read the book. I come from a military family, and some of the gentleman referenced, who were actually used in the film, are from my grandfathers generation and from our old Philly neighborhood. If my grandparents were alive, they would probably know them. I may be up in your neck of the woods sometime next year. My son runs and we may be going to the Olympic trials. I would love to see your ship.

Dorian - I much prefer the traditional dark colors. If you do web searches there are Tahitian and Polynesian tattoo samples. There are also books on these. I haven't seen Hawaiian. Post the pics if you can. It is interesting to see what others do. I'm waiting to hear from a female who has actually done this.

Aye,

I can nay get this bloody thing ta work!!! I gots a pic o' me showin' me tattoos, but wil nay go 'ere.....

SO in me personal file here, th' pic be there... twas taken in may, in Hawaii at th' top o' Diamondhead volcano... ye can see all but wot be on me left shoulder, a wee bit o' celtic knotwork....

Bloody computers...... :ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Very nice Dorian (I"m pretending the pic posted). If I do it I will be going for a celtic design, in keeping with the Irish ancestry. My sister got a celtic cross on her ankle with some gaelic wording.

Aye Lass,

Twill nay post on a message... but as I said, tis in me profile.... ye be able ta kinda sees 'em there... me armbands are made up o' triangles, an' aye, tha's a compass rose on me shoulder....

All are done in either dark blue, cept fer the celtic knot, it has shades o' lighter blue in it... so the rest be blue, black n' dark red....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:ph34r: Dorian, send 'em ta Claire's website, she'll help ya! :ph34r:

Aye Royaliste,

I'll do tha' once I gets better individual pics o' them...

:ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Doing '1906' next....'Shakin' all over'
What do you mean. You'll be doing research on it?

Dorian - those pics give a good idea. I understand as I'm photographically challenged. The site I used for pics has gone down and I have yet to bother figuring my way around another. I prefer the look of the natural tattoos. Particularly since when I get it done, I will not be getting something large, and won't have alot of space for detailing. And I can't imagine having to go back in and get the colors freshened up.

:ph34r: Dunno if'n I have the right to leak this, but, I'm havin' a lotta bad stuff goin' doen rite now, so I can claim insanity. Warner Bros. next 200 mil biggie, will be about the 1906 earthquake in SanFrancisco, me home, and me mate just landed it yesterday. The Royaliste will have much input as I affect much of his writing. In a new series this fall, on the Sci-Fi channel..(namesake and some persona,'flunked the pee test at NASA,) :ph34r:

:ph34r: RRRRosalinda! Grace; Sort of a raides of the lost ark thing, only a team, and the leader gets 'visions' with which he guides the team. They don't know that part, tho. Computer geek stereotype goes out the window replaced by yours truely, tats and all, biker type, not nerd. :ph34r:

Well...I imagine the moms are just bringing their kids along as an excuse! That's what I would do anyway. Then move in for the kill later...

I just saw this. Yep. I'd say that's what's happening. Kids have always loved pirates. Don't you think it's odd that suddenly ye got lots of young single moms tugging their (or borrowed kids) along to check out the pirate boat?