Roll Call 2009

William Brand

An update for us, we're not going to be able to make it...once again.

And as splendid as it sounds to drag my half-dead and beaten husband all the way there, I'll have to not sad.gif

Not that I wouldn't, I just don't think I would hold up well in jail and all tongue.gif

The economy is killing our stores, with that and two managers leaving, it's just not the best time for him to leave the restaurants, so we'll have to miss it once more sad.gif

I am still around lurking and learning, swear it, with 2 years of reading and learning, I think next year we'll do alright.

By next year I should also come to terms with prison time and in the event that he can't make it on his own, I will happily use force to get him there biggrin.gif Nothing beats family time!

Any how,

just wanted to post an update so our spots could be used by someone else.

Hope you guys have a blast this year, I can not wait to oggle all the images and read all of the stories.

Edited by Abigail Roughnight

Yeah, bummer. You guys were on my list of interesting people to meet (and write about) this year.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thank you both, really!

Times are hard these days, for sure. While it's not hitting us as hard as some, we're obviously tied to a business that depends on people spending money, and not many people are spending money these days sadly.

We're holding our breaths until the end of the year, that is when we'll see if it's time to hang it up on the one location, it's just not making a dime, the partners have actually put more money into it just to keep it out of the red since all this happened.

The other location is doing well ironically.

This one closing means yet another move though, which no one is looking forward to, ugh.

We're both bummed about missing this year, especially since we decided to miss last years so we could save up and go comfortably versus rushing to get everything ready, we were both ready for the vacation then, well now we're for sure ready! gah!

This just means more time and more planning and an even better time next year. I swear it!

This time next year I'll be bat sh*t crazy so who knows what there will be to write about :P

I hope you guys really do have an amazing time this year, and while we haven't met the whole group in person, you guys seriously are inspiration from afar and no doubt thought about often, we won't be there in person, but will for sure be there in spirit.

Tomorrow we're going to the Fort Myers festival, it'll be a bitter-sweet time, but we'll take what we can get for now!!

Abigail Roughnight...Dang... exscreatment happens......

Yeah.. time are really tough.....I work all year to go to Burning Man and PiP......

But that is just wot ye gotsta do just to play...... (survive ... well we ain't got that bad yet...)

Reah... real life sux...............

abigail, sorry to hear that... i decided to not go this year in lieu of getting some outside projects done on the house before winter hits... two new doors, two new windows--- desparately needed, soffits, fascia, gutters, etc.

only so much time and so much money, it was one or the other... mebbe next year i'll be in a better position to go...

This is our final roster so you can replace the one on the front page:

The Catt & Fiddle/Hurricane's Tent: 18 x 25

Diosa's Tent: 15 x 15

DB/Buxom: 14 x 20

Booty/Jill: 12 x 15

Cutter/Io: 12 x 15

Sully: 12 x 14

Great Scott & Drop Dead: 14x20

Total Crewe: 11

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Let me be the first to welcome Sea Horse and Blackbeard. Nearly a month away now and we're still growing.

Thank ya William, I know we wil have a few more in tow. I just don't know who will commit. As soon as I have more names I will post and contact Capt. Spike. et al.

Sea Horse

No one has heard of me because I never left any witnesses.

I got a bottle of this ready to go:

feature_bg.jpg

Next up: Ron Atlantico Private Cask will need to be secured.

They make rum with skulls on the bottles?!

Well!

(I am absurdly easy to market to, can you tell?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I can't come.

I won't bore you with the long details and the year long financial issues that lead up to this unpleasant conclusion. I simply can't be at PIP this year. The writing was on the wall over a month back, but I was still holding out for a miracle. Instead, we were simply hit with more troubles. My apologies to the fine crew of the Mercury. Those of you that have attended PIP know just how much I hate to miss it, and those of you who will be experiencing your first PIP this year will only understand my disappointment after you've been. I'm bothered enough that I may just put all of my piratey things in a back room until early next year.

Best of luck and give the English hell on the battlefield.

W.B., Quartemaster of the Mercury

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Well isn't this just the worst news! Sorry I am to hear this and hoping things will change for the better quickly.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:lol: I finagled a way to get there this year partially in the hope of seeing you again!

(Does this mean Captain Jim is our baby-sitter for the weekend again?)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Alas, me hearties, it is with a heavy heart that I answer the roll call...

It pains me to say that I shall not be able to make this year's PiP. I would so love to spend more quality pirating time with my *ahem* "quality" pirate friends, but the situation won't allow it this year.

I shall keep in touch with Hurricane and the crewe, and keep my eye on the horizon. I'll find a way to get down to FLA for some pillaging and drinking of rum.

If any of you rascals happen to be going through Colorado, don't hesitate to drop me a PM, it would be great to get together! I've been landlocked for too long.

Until then, keep a weather eye... Ye've not heard the last of Nigel!!!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Wiiliam, I guess that means we won't be expecting your stop-over then. What am I gonna do with all of this Bacon... oh, wait, never mind, I think I can figger that one out. Sorry to hear of this though, we were all looking forward to it. Don't get many visitors out here.

Bo