Roll Call 2009

William Brand

Being a captain at PiP doesn't require experience at the event. It requires great communication skills, leadership and your crewe's respect. The captains will have more responsibilities than in year's fast, including helping getting everyone sited into the camp and ensuring that shifts are done. This year's PiP will be a little different from the others in that respect, hence the little need for experience.

I might suggest you set up a poll on the site and let the Mercury crewe members vote, pirate-style. Democratic appointment to the position with a Quartermaster at his side that is appointed by him or her. Just a thought. Certainly, being elected to the position is more agreeable than having the duties thrust on someone.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Being a captain at PiP doesn't require experience at the event. It requires great communication skills, leadership and your crewe's respect. The captains will have more responsibilities than in year's fast, including helping getting everyone sited into the camp and ensuring that shifts are done. This year's PiP will be a little different from the others in that respect, hence the little need for experience.

I might suggest you set up a poll on the site and let the Mercury crewe members vote, pirate-style. Democratic appointment to the position with a Quartermaster at his side that is appointed by him or her. Just a thought. Certainly, being elected to the position is more agreeable than having the duties thrust on someone.

-- Hurricane

Being a Captain of Pyrate Hunters is sooooo much easier...cause noone else wants it!! :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

We salute you oh mighty pirate hunter. As the loyal citizens of the Port Royal camp, we abhor the vermine and only recognize those who sail under the proper letters of marque (which, for all you pirates, are being copied in the back room of the Catt & Fiddle should you be in need). Uh-hum... Good show. Good show.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

The captains will have more responsibilities than in year's fast,

-- Hurricane

We will??? Right then William, Capt. Jim, NOW I know why you guys are staying home...move over, make room for one more!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

It's odd, but I am really sort of looking forward to seeing you this year. Let's just not talk politics unless we are so drunk that we get to that "I love you man..." stage. :P

Right!! We should just stick to the Philosophy of Authenticity. Much less heated conversation. :P

With much reluctance and a sorrow-filled heart, I will not be attending PIP this year. Due to time conflicts and restricted flow of 'ready cash' - I will not be making it this year.

I do hope that everyone has a wonderful time and will come back with much to tell. I will miss you all very much and hope that you all have a safe and enjoyable time.

God Speed.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

With much reluctance and a sorrow-filled heart, I will not be attending PIP this year. Due to time conflicts and restricted flow of 'ready cash' - I will not be making it this year.

Sadly, this is an often heard theme as we draw close to PIP. Just remember the PIP motto...

"Next year..."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

We salute you oh mighty pirate hunter. As the loyal citizens of the Port Royal camp, we abhor the vermine and only recognize those who sail under the proper letters of marque (which, for all you pirates, are being copied in the back room of the Catt & Fiddle should you be in need). Uh-hum... Good show. Good show.

-- Hurricane

***takes a side look at the Capt'n**** Are you drunk again????? Cozying up to dem damnable pyrate hunters like dat. You nos quites well dat we 'ave bidznes wit dem frenchies again. 'ave ye forgotten dat, Capt'n?????

Aminal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I do hope that everyone has a wonderful time and will come back with much to tell. I will miss you all very much and hope that you all have a safe and enjoyable time.

God Speed.

Well hell!!! It seems that those of us not making it to PIP this year will have to meet here in the Pub and drink ourselves silly and try to make readable posts. B)

Animal

Edited by Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

However I can't wait until I come back to read those drunken posts! hehe

Wot? when I'm at PiP that be the only tyme I don't do drunken post...... (well other than that one when Rusty had his puter thar.....)

OK... as long as no one brings their pewter ter PiP... I won't make no drunken post...... :rolleyes:

OI what gives!!??

I know i smells a bit... But Not bad enough for you not to go to PIP!!! Besides with out me 1st and 12th wife (yeah so what i married her twice!)being there to make me behave my own self, I'll be running amuck!!

Please reconsider...maybe give blood or plasma or maybe a kidney? Oh wait a spleen is easily worth airfare!!

God Speed.

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Thank you Rats,....and you don't smell as bad as some!

You and your misses will have a grand time of it....you'll meet some kind folk, that's for sure.

I can't say that I am thrilled with the idea of giving blood or selling an organ or two...(I likes to keeps what I gots)! Enjoy yourselves...we'll be hear...waiting and lurking...like any good pirate folk.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Scanning backwards through posts, trying to see what I have missed ~ Cheeky, William, Jim ~ I am sad you will not be attending, though I am quite familiar with the unpleasant twists life has been handing out this year. Wishing you the very best until we meet again ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Thanks.

I don't suppose that any one of you could set up a web cam at the Hide for at least one night could you? Maybe even set one up on the fort wall? I know that there are several businesses in Key West that share a web cam page; perhaps they might help? Hurricane, might this fall into your professional sphere?

It's not even time for PiP yet and I'm already suffering from withdrawal.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I wish I had that expertise, but that's too techie for me. Can create the website and host it, but have no idea how to get a Web cam in there. It would be cool though, and perhaps incriminating.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Latest update from Fayma via email today (Nov. 11)

Bring firewood, hammocks are ok (take down in daytime), bring any extra rope you can, showers are good, soap issue pending, braziers for one and all are good, any type will be fine, in modern camping the colemans work too.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Latest update from Fayma via email today (Nov. 11)

Bring firewood, hammocks are ok (take down in daytime), bring any extra rope you can, showers are good, soap issue pending, braziers for one and all are good, any type will be fine, in modern camping the colemans work too.

.......rounding second....!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Aye. This be Dutch. Bosun o the "Meka"II, 8 Guns, Horatio Sinbad, Master. Clap on ta' this here, I be attendin this here gatherin,' but I doesn't stay ashore. No, can't abide by the land fer mor' an e few hours or so. But Avast! Dutch will be berthed over ta' Schooner Wharf wi' a tidy berth an no watch ta stand. Dutch X his mark

Actually triple Dutch... ye forgot yer twin there Dutch

Crewe of the Archangel